munoz vs okami

jduk

this looks like a quality fight. does the winner of this fight get into title contention or near the top of the chain? munoz looked impressive in his fight against kendall grove apart from when he got rocked and okami is always solid and has beaten some big names in the ufc and always seems to be around the top end of the division.

who do we think takes this and why?

Is this scheduled? Sounds like a great matchup to me.

I pick Okami for the win. Big and strong guy, good grappler who showed pretty decent striking last time around. Munoz is looking good too, but Grove almost took that fight...

Would not give the winner a title shot just yet, but definitely in the picture.

Its an intruguing match up. Okami is such a tough opponent for anyone in that division. Munoz has some momentum right now but I think Okami will just be a little too much for him at this stage.

The winner of this fight is still a couple of fights from a shot at the belt.

Is this scheduled? Sounds like a great matchup to me.

I pick Okami for the win. Big and strong guy' date=' good grappler who showed pretty decent striking last time around. Munoz is looking good too, but Grove almost took that fight...

Would not give the winner a title shot just yet, but definitely in the picture.[/quote']

you fail!! munoz would win!

I think Okami keeps getting overlooked as a true title contender. The man is vastly overrated because of his Jon Fitch like style, who also gets overlooked in the title picture. Fitch is what 13-1 and Okami is 8-2? These guys have both faught thier respected Champions, and Im sure they would love another crack at them. So if Okami wins, Im thinking Belcher and the same for Munoz who is also a great fighter in the Middleweight division.

I think Okami keeps getting overlooked as a true title contender. The man is vastly overrated because of his Jon Fitch like style' date=' who also gets overlooked in the title picture. Fitch is what 13-1 and Okami is 8-2? These guys have both faught thier respected Champions, and Im sure they would love another crack at them. So if Okami wins, Im thinking Belcher and the same for Munoz who is also a great fighter in the Middleweight division.[/quote']

Someone posted Belcher is fighting Maia. I dont know if Okami is necessarily overlooked... Had he beaten Sonnen... It is true there is no hype whatsoever around him though. Guy is legit.

This would be a good match-up. Munoz is a really solid wrestler, and Okami has a really solid ground game, and both fighters seem to be somewhat underrated.

I think Munoz has a big advantage now that he is training with some of the best. Tough call to fight though. I think the winner should get Belcher or Marquardt.

both okami and munoz are on the top of my favorite fighters list!! going to be a great fight, but ive got okami winning just because hes way more experienced... munoz is dope but ive been seeing a lack of stand up from him, but dear god, when he takes you down, hes smashing your face in with those hammerfists!!

Archived