BP to hand out $20 billion to victims and clean up

2below

Has anyone else seen the nationally advertised BP commercial? I saw it during game 6 of the NBA finals.

It makes no sense to be wasting their money running a nationally televised ad, when the damage is a local thing. It seemed like more of a ploy to get the rest of the country off their back.

thats what i was thinking' date=' 5 bill per year over 4 years.

[b']props to Obama for getting it done like he said, im sure fox news will still find flaws in his efforts[/b].

haha seriously they are going to dig deep into the tea party's regime and fabricate some ****, flip it and turn it on Obama like they always do.

Anyone gonna watch that Chris Matthew's thing tonight "rise of the new right" on MSNBC?

Has anyone else seen the nationally advertised BP commercial? I saw it during game 6 of the NBA finals.

It makes no sense to be wasting their money running a nationally televised ad' date=' when the damage is a local thing. It seemed like more of a ploy to get the rest of the country off their back.[/quote']

slide_7501_99396_small.jpg

Yeah but at least the people suffering from the biggest known environmental disaster in history know they will bet getting some sort of financial retribution.

We should ov just borrowed more money from china. Governments fault for not being the inventor and problem solver.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100616/us-gulf-oil-spill/

Obama did what he said he would. He met with BP execs and got the 20 billion that we wanted. Solid job O.

you do know that the part that malfunctioned was designed, constructed, fitted and maintained by a US owned and run company don't you? That's what you get for using american equipment and workman i guess lol.

you do know that the part that malfunctioned was designed' date=' constructed, fitted and maintained by a US owned and run company don't you? That's what you get for using american equipment and workman i guess lol.[/quote']

If American steal cant hold it together nothing else will.

im still so pissed that Obama didn't dive down there and plug the leak yet.

i don't think this will been the final figure of the cost of the disaster.

500,000 feet is deep. They should get the navy involve. Im pretty sure they can figure something out.

haha seriously they are going to dig deep into the tea party's regime and fabricate some ****' date=' flip it and turn it on Obama like they always do.

Anyone gonna watch that Chris Matthew's thing tonight "rise of the new right" on MSNBC?[/quote']

MSNBC is just as far left as FOX is right.

500' date='000 feet is 100 miles down. They don't/can't drill that deep, you moron.[/quote']

lol yeah he got way carried away with the zero key. Maybe it got stuck it's 5,000 miles Hangitup. Still deep but only 1 mile. There's nowhere that we know of that is even close to 100 miles deep in the ocean.

Ehh not quite they can be but FOX news is just completely f*cking retarded. Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and all those dipsh*ts are completely out of their minds.

Seriously Fox news will pick at Obama over anything just recently saying "He was all dressed up on the beach" when he was only wearing slacks and a button up shirt and tie in which the tie was lose and his sleeves were rolled up.... lol what the f*ck is the president suppose to wear? Swimtrunks, wifebeater and chacos?

Fox news is not news at all. It's basically the 4th branch of the government and just a complete load of sh*t. Infact the media in general is the 4th branch of the government. People just don't realize how controlled it is to keep people in the dark and lie on a daily basis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100616/us-gulf-oil-spill/

Obama did what he said he would. He met with BP execs and got the 20 billion that we wanted. Solid job O.

Bout time Obama did somthing worth noting, being somone living in louisiana and having friends and family effected by the spill I'm glad BP is being forced to make some amends.

Ehh not quite they can be but FOX news is just completely f*cking retarded. Glenn Beck' date=' Sean Hannity and all those dipsh*ts are completely out of their minds.

Seriously Fox news will pick at Obama over anything just recently saying "He was all dressed up on the beach" when he was only wearing slacks and a button up shirt and tie in which the tie was lose and his sleeves were rolled up.... lol what the f*ck is the president suppose to wear? Swimtrunks, wifebeater and chacos?

Fox news is not news at all. It's basically the 4th branch of the government and just a complete load of sh*t. Infact the media in general is the 4th branch of the government. People just don't realize how controlled it is to keep people in the dark and lie on a daily basis.[/quote']

most of them "democrat" based mainstream news did the same against bush.so now its that that was okay its not okay for fox to do it with obama? its jus back and forth rubbish

most of them "democrat" based mainstream news did the same against bush.so now its that that was okay its not okay for fox to do it with obama? its jus back and forth rubbish

It is but the difference is Bush was a fool who you could easily find something legitimate to bash him about on a weekly basis. They didn't pick at him for wearing normal clothes in a relaxed manner by saying he was "all dressed up" as if he was wearing a god damn TUXEDO to the be beach or something.

Obama couldn't eat a meal in public without them having something to say about it.

It is but the difference is Bush was a fool who you could easily find something legitimate to bash him about on a weekly basis. They didn't pick at him for wearing normal clothes in a relaxed manner by saying he was "all dressed up" as if he was wearing a god damn TUXEDO to the be beach or something.

Obama couldn't eat a meal in public without them having something to say about it.

your opinion is bush was a fool I know plenty of ppl that agree with you. on the flip side I know plenty of ppl that say obama has no real experince and should have waited before running for office. and if i remember currectly they gave bush **** bout silly things also its just what the news outlets do.

you do know that the part that malfunctioned was designed' date=' constructed, fitted and maintained by a US owned and run company don't you? That's what you get for using american equipment and workman i guess lol.[/quote']

You can go on blaiming only the US for this failure but BP was the root cause of what went wrong. Yeah the blowout preventer failed but if they weren't so concerened with cutting cost at the expense of safety in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

"The day of the explosion, engineers reportedly argued over whether or not to remove dense drilling mud from the well bore, replacing it with much lighter sea water. Normally this step is taken only after a second cement plug is hardened in the piping, a process that takes several hours. Until this plug is fully installed, heavy mud is the first line of defense against kicks and ?blowouts,? when oil and natural gas surge up the bore to the rig platform.

The decision was taken to replace the mud before plugging the well, even though this would increase the chances of an explosion?and even though the operation failed a critical pressure test the same day, BP and Transocean executives admitted to the House Energy Committee. This clearly reckless decision to press forward was very likely done to protect BP?s profit interests, both because it paid rig owner Transocean an estimated $500,000 per day for use of Deepwater Horizon and its crew, and because it was anxious to bring the new well into active production."

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/ma...spil-m14.shtml

You can read the whole article here^^

your opinion is bush was a fool I know plenty of ppl that agree with you. on the flip side I know plenty of ppl that say obama has no real experince and should have waited before running for office. and if i remember currectly they gave bush **** bout silly things also its just what the news outlets do.

I know I hate the media as it is government controlled, full of sh*t and essentially another corrupt branch of the government.

500' date='000 feet is deep. They should get the navy involve. Im pretty sure they can figure something out.[/quote']

they already have the coast guard, deep sea drillers and the foremost minds in the applicable fields on the matter. i suppose the clean up could be better managed but im not an authority on the matter, nor am i appraised of all the goings on. i bet you and the rest of the country aren't either.

one thing people dont get is there isn't an easy solution. sometimes when something happens it takes a long time to fix. unfortunately the worst case scenario happened here and no one in the world is/was prepared for this situation.

This may be true, but MSNBC actually has validity to some points they make; whereas, FOX just spews out slander in hopes of igniting the fires within the extremely religious, right-winged nutjobs.. and it always works as seen by these Tea Party shenanigans.

Archived