Evans should not be hated like GSP because...

NewDad09

For all of GSP's talk about being a true martial artist, he is not a true warrior. He says he gets scared and everyone should be a little scared because they put their lives on the line. But the reality is MMA is a hurt sport. If all he ever wants to do is grapple, there's a sport for that. Look at the difference between the way Coleman and Tito won fights, and the way Couture and Carwin still win fights. Its clear that they are wrestlers, but they proved over and over that they know how to finish fights.

Don't mention trying not to get hit either because Couture and Carwin both have iron chins but still take little damage. IMO there's a right and wrong way to use excellent wrestling to win, and GSP is doing it the wrong way. He sets the bar higher than he can perform because he lacks the mental toughness to continue through pain.

Rashad is scared too and rightfully so, having three straight fights where he was rocked. He talked himself through it two of those times and got up to grind it out and win the fight. Give him some time and his chin will be hardened by his mental game.

GSP at least remembers the POUND in GnP and does make every effort to finish fights. While most will say that GSP not finishing Hardy was his own doing, he was at least making the effort to finish and I personally give Hardy a little more credit than that in his defense and guts.

Guys like Evans/Kos/Fitch, who use wrestling simply to control and score points for the win, like they were still wrestling in Junior College, that drive me up the wall.

For all of GSP's talk about being a true martial artist' date=' he is not a true warrior. He says he gets scared and everyone should be a little scared because they put their lives on the line. But the reality is MMA is a hurt sport. If all he ever wants to do is grapple, there's a sport for that. Look at the difference between the way Coleman and Tito won fights, and the way Couture and Carwin still win fights. Its clear that they are wrestlers, but they proved over and over that they know how to [b']finish[/b] fights.

Don't mention trying not to get hit either because Couture and Carwin both have iron chins but still take little damage. IMO there's a right and wrong way to use excellent wrestling to win, and GSP is doing it the wrong way. He sets the bar higher than he can perform because he lacks the mental toughness to continue through pain.

Rashad is scared too and rightfully so, having three straight fights where he was rocked. He talked himself through it two of those times and got up to grind it out and win the fight. Give him some time and his chin will be hardened by his mental game.

Did you really just group Carwin and Couture together in the way they win fights?? Have you ever seen either of them fight?

for all of gsp's talk about being a true martial artist' date=' he is not a true warrior. He says he gets scared and everyone should be a little scared because they put their lives on the line. But the reality is mma is a hurt sport. If all he ever wants to do is grapple, there's a sport for that. Look at the difference between the way coleman and tito won fights, and the way couture and carwin still win fights. Its clear that they are wrestlers, but they proved over and over that they know how to [b']finish[/b] fights.

Don't mention trying not to get hit either because couture and carwin both have iron chins but still take little damage. Imo there's a right and wrong way to use excellent wrestling to win, and gsp is doing it the wrong way. He sets the bar higher than he can perform because he lacks the mental toughness to continue through pain.

its like an infection! Really it is!

You cant be this stupid you just cant its not possible!

Rashad does feck all while on the ground unlike gsp!

Has gsp been rocked other than the serra fight? no

has rashad dominated anyone ever? no!

does gsp dominate everyone he fights? yes!

Please please go away!

GSP at least remembers the POUND in GnP and does make every effort to finish fights. While most will say that GSP not finishing Hardy was his own doing' date=' he was at least making the effort to finish and I personally give Hardy a little more credit than that in his defense and guts.[/quote']

You're joking right? The mistakes he made with that armbar were pathetic. He does not deserve his Black Belt because he doesn't know how to attack the guard properly because he doesn't want to leave his wrestling. Renzo saying "if he was to compete, it would be at the black belt level" is the most untrue statemen I've ever heard and it only proves how much people are falsley buying into him..

The bottom line is, beating BJ overhyped his career.

You're joking right? The mistakes he made with that armbar were pathetic. He does not deserve his Black Belt because he doesn't know how to attack the guard properly because he doesn't want to leave his wrestling. Renzo saying "if he was to compete' date=' it would be at the black belt level" is the most untrue statemen I've ever heard and it only proves how much people are falsley buying into him..

[b']The bottom line is, beating BJ overhyped his career[/b].

someone please make it stop! really people in america cant be this stupid! they just cant! i refuse to believe it!

You're joking right? The mistakes he made with that armbar were pathetic. He does not deserve his Black Belt because he doesn't know how to attack the guard properly because he doesn't want to leave his wrestling. Renzo saying "if he was to compete' date=' it would be at the black belt level" is the most untrue statemen I've ever heard and it only proves how much people are falsley buying into him..

The bottom line is, beating BJ overhyped his career.[/quote']

Hmm who's opinion do we trust? The armchair mma fan posting anonymously on some site or Renzo Gracie? Tough call....

Please please go away!

Bwhahahaha get of his nuts yoo

HAHAHAHA... Ok smart a$$, what was wrong with that arm bar?

someone please make it stop! really people in america cant be this stupid! they just cant! i refuse to believe it!

Want to make it stop?

STOP READING AND GET THE HELL OF THIS POST

But that's too easy, you'd rather complain instead of finding another thread.

HAHAHAHA... Ok smart a$$' date=' what was wrong with that arm bar?[/quote']

He crossed his legs beneath Hardy's armpit instead of using a leg to hold Hardy at the shoulder so he couldn't turn without sinking deeper into it.

Its my personal fovorite because of the many ways I can transition into it. Honestly, its what made me so mad during the fight.

Want to make it stop?

But that's too easy' date=' you'd rather complain instead of finding another thread.[/quote']

I wouldn't mind reading something that contributes to society, but this is just sooooo stupid, Your reasoning is flawed and I would really like to see you get into that ring with GSP and tell me he doesn't try and finish...

Please please go away!

Yeah Rampage =]

Once again, I credit GSP for at least ATTEMPTING to finish, and Hardy credit for defending very well. Never said the subs were perfectly executed, but I gaurantee 95% of all the fighters in the world would have tapped, to either sub. And just picture the face of Fitch, and Alves after their fights to understand what I am meaning. Then compare them to the face of EVERY Rashad opponent in his career. Thiago, Rampage, hell even Lidell and Forrest who were KO'd looked like they could have gone out hawking chicks afterward. GSP's opponents looked like they were in carwrecks.

Now let me clarify one thing. I am a huge BJ fan (then again aren't all guys , HA HA, JK ), and find GSP's Frenchy metrosexual act very personally distasteful, but I do give him credit for his skills and recognize he does at least make the efforts to finish every single fight.

By the way just what are your qualifications as a BJJ expert to make the determination of who does or doesn't deserve a belt? I can pretty much assure you that Renzo fricking Gracie knows a slight bit more about the Art his family invented and perfected and he has been practicing since he learned to walk, than you.

I wouldn't mind reading something that contributes to society' date=' but this is just sooooo stupid, Your reasoning is flawed and I would really like to see you get into that ring with GSP and tell me he doesn't try and finish...[/quote']

I'd love to. And that's the difference, I'm not afraid and never will be, no matter how bad the beating he would give me.

And its not flawed, my point is he will neve use anything but wrestling to finish fights, unlike the wrestling greats of MMA. His BJJ is overrated and he finished Hughes who only learned BJJ to defend against Royce, who Hughes wanted to fight since 1997, otherwise he might not have ever trained in BJJ period.

Listen to all the whining. All I see is big letters, insults, and excuses, but trying and actually doing are two different things.

GSP does not finish fights, and saying he TRIES won't change that. He tried not to get KTFO by Serra, you think he got a bonus for his effort?

He crossed his legs beneath Hardy's armpit instead of using a leg to hold Hardy at the shoulder so he couldn't turn without sinking deeper into it.

Its my personal fovorite because of the many ways I can transition into it. Honestly' date=' its what made me so mad during the fight.[/quote']

Your supposed to cross your feet as long as you have the elbow into the equation. And rewatching that fight GSP did it perfectly... GSP did everything but break the arm. Obviously if given enough time and pain killers you can roll out of an arm bar. Don't take that away from Hardy, but you should go back to class and relearn how to fight.

Listen to all the whining. All I see is big letters' date=' insults, and excuses, but trying and actually doing are two different things.

[u']GSP does not finish fights, and saying he TRIES won't change that. He tried not to get KTFO by Serra, you think he got a bonus for his effort[/u]?

Confuscius said "A man who tries and fails is respected where a man who fails to try is pitied."

I pity Evans, Koscheck, Fitch, and respect the hell out of GSP.

Once you grow up a little you will understand the difference.

Want to make it stop?

But that's too easy' date=' you'd rather complain instead of finding another thread.[/quote']

WHY SHOULD I LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT LEVEL OF STUPIDITY!

OH AND ITS A THREAD NOT A POST AND ITS GET THE HELL OUT NOT GET THE HELL OF!:rolleyes:

Listen to all the whining. All I see is big letters' date=' insults, and excuses, but trying and actually doing are two different things.

GSP does not finish fights, and saying he [b']TRIES[/b] won't change that. He tried not to get KTFO by Serra, you think he got a bonus for his effort?

He came back and got the TKO on Serra after that though. Thats what i dont undertstand, everybody is like well look what Serra did to him, but they forget the fact that GSP came back and did the same thing to Serra.

For those of you who give Rashad props for standing up.... News Flash... ALL FIGHTS START STANDING UP... Everytime rashad had the chance to lay down on him he did that... he won the fight i have nothing bad to say about that he was better that night... But dont give somebody props when they stand when they have no choice in the beginning rounds.

Once again' date=' I credit GSP for at least ATTEMPTING to finish, and Hardy credit for defending very well. Never said the subs were perfectly executed, but I gaurantee 95% of all the fighters in the world would have tapped, to either sub. And just picture the face of Fitch, and Alves after their fights to understand what I am meaning. Then compare them to the face of EVERY Rashad opponent in his career. Thiago, Rampage, hell even Lidell and Forrest who were KO'd looked like they could have gone out hawking chicks afterward. GSP's opponents looked like they were in carwrecks.

Now let me clarify one thing. I am a huge BJ fan (then again aren't all guys , HA HA, JK ), and find GSP's Frenchy metrosexual act very personally distasteful, but I do give him credit for his skills and recognize he does at least make the efforts to finish every single fight.

By the way just what are your qualifications as a BJJ expert to make the determination of who does or doesn't deserve a belt? I can pretty much assure you that Renzo fricking Gracie knows a slight bit more about the Art his family invented and perfected and he has been practicing since he learned to walk, than you.[/quote']

josh i know you arent a big GSP fan like some of us and tahts why this post deserves the respect to be quoted

look idiots, here is an objective and intelligent MMA fan telling it like it is in an intelligent way, thank you sir

listen to all the whining. All i see is big letters' date=' insults, and excuses, but trying and actually doing are two different things.

Gsp does not finish fights, and saying he [b']tries[/b] won't change that. He tried not to get ktfo by serra, you think he got a bonus for his effort?

he has finished 13!

Only 7 out of 20 wins yes the same number as chuck! 2 less than machida in 6 more fights have gone to decision! You would know this if you had any mma knowledge at all!

For all of GSP's talk about being a true martial artist' date=' he is not a true warrior. He says he gets scared and everyone should be a little scared because they put their lives on the line. But the reality is MMA is a hurt sport. If all he ever wants to do is grapple, there's a sport for that. Look at the difference between the way Coleman and Tito won fights, and the way Couture and Carwin still win fights. Its clear that they are wrestlers, but they proved over and over that they know how to [b']finish[/b] fights.

You truly are a dolt, why not try watching his early fights against matt hughes, frank trigg, josh kos, oh and the realy good one, jon fitch, ARE YOU just obtuse or just trying to hate on a great fighter, ..i agree his last fight vs hardy was somthing to be desired, but seirously before you make stupid statements do some research lol .. i dont see you bashing anderson silva and so far his last 3 fights have been some of the worst displays of so called martial arts ever, that guy is a disgrace, and i liked silva.

I guess Tito is a great example of how great a carreer can turn if you aren't being careful with your body. He's injured 365 days a year. GSP is still young and we all know that guys who get rocked too often end up with a glass chin and lose their edge. GSP has a huge mental toughness people say he doesn't because he tapped quickly once but he was inexperienced and that kind of crap can happen to anyone.

You seem to forget that first fight against BJ Penn where his face was destroyed and his nose bled the whole fight and he kept coming. Or that recent fight with Alves when he pulled his groin and kept fighting like a bull. GSP has perfected his wrestling to a whole new level for MMA and I'm sure the best is yet to come.

Besides I just don't see what makes you speak that way of Rashad... you give him more credit for something that you think he will do but hasn't nearly done yet and on a very stupid basis : you can't improve your chin just based on your mental toughness... when you're KO'd, no mental toughness is gonna help.

Once again' date=' I credit GSP for at least ATTEMPTING to finish, and Hardy credit for defending very well. Never said the subs were perfectly executed, but I gaurantee 95% of all the fighters in the world would have tapped, to either sub. And just picture the face of Fitch, and Alves after their fights to understand what I am meaning. Then compare them to the face of EVERY Rashad opponent in his career. Thiago, Rampage, hell even Lidell and Forrest who were KO'd looked like they could have gone out hawking chicks afterward. GSP's opponents looked like they were in carwrecks.

By the way just what are your qualifications as a BJJ expert to make the determination of who does or doesn't deserve a belt? I can pretty much assure you that Renzo fricking Gracie knows a slight bit more about the Art his family invented and perfected and he has been practicing since he learned to walk, than you.[/quote']

amen

seriously! What fecking fight were you watching kid?

What fight did i watch? the one where he rocked Rampage with one hit, the one where he got decent takedowns, the one where Rampage got about 3 hits the whole fight cuz when Rashad was on the ground none of those punches were hitting him, the one where Rashad held him there and was gettin some punch on the ground as well, maybe u watched a different fight cuz it was Unanimous for Rashad.

You truly are a dolt' date=' why not try watching his early fights against matt hughes, frank trigg, josh kos, oh and the realy good one, jon fitch, ARE YOU just obtuse or just trying to hate on a great fighter, ..i agree his last fight vs hardy was somthing to be desired, but seirously before you make stupid statements do some research lol .. i dont see you bashing anderson silva and so far his last 3 fights have been some of the worst displays of so called martial arts ever, that guy is a disgrace, and i liked silva.[/quote']

you sir are an idiot.

and you clearly did not watch the forrest fight.

i dont like gsp, at all. but i recognize the fact that he is one of the best on earth today. and he DID try to finish hardy. he has done the same thing silva has done, finishing opponents or NOT, he has shown that NONE of them belong in the octagon with him.

How many times has Rashad attempted to pass a guard or a submission? How many times has Rashad been a CLEAR winner of a round? How many times has Rashad left people wishing they never have to fight him again?

If the answer to all of those is heaps then OK he is on the right track to becoming GSP.

GSP does not finish fights, and saying he [b']TRIES[/b] won't change that. He tried not to get KTFO by Serra, you think he got a bonus for his effort?

I think u deserve a bonus for u effort with all thos nonsense reply .

What fight did i watch? the one where he rocked Rampage with one hit' date=' the one where he got decent takedowns, the one where Rampage got about 3 hits the whole fight cuz when Rashad was on the ground none of those punches were hitting him, the one where Rashad held him there and was gettin some punch on the ground as well, maybe u watched a different fight cuz it was Unanimous for Rashad.[/quote']

yeah see cos i watched the one where he leaped at RAMPAGE and caught him off guard but didnt really hurt him!

the one where RASHAD got takedowns but did feckall with em as usual!

oh and the one where RAMPAGE's 3 hits nearly sent RASHAD night night!

UD but not a dominant fight! could have gone either way with just one punch!

now go watch some GSP fights thats called dominating! dont make me quote numbers!:mad:

oh feck it im gonna do it anyway!

RASHAD went for 12 takedowns and got 3 he tried to improve position on those 3 takedowns twice and one of those was stuffed by RAMPAGE!

Archived