Koscheck Says He'll Force GSP To Stand With Him

Rob_Lazarus

And knock him out in the process.

This is total BS. Koscheck will go for the take down in this fight for sure. His success in the first round of the first fight came from him smothering GSP from the top. This fight will be a snooze fest for sure as neither of these guys will want to stand because they'll both be waiting for the other one to shoot. It will be a who shoots first contest, whoever has the better sprawl wins.

Probably less than 20 strikes on the feet thrown in this fight.

He's gonna get out wrestled...again. And lose...again. His striking isn't even as good as Hardy's, he may have better takedown defense, but GSP is too powerful for him. I wonder what sort of stunt he's going to pull this time...

He's gonna get out wrestled...again. And lose...again. His striking isn't even as good as Hardy's' date=' he may have better takedown defense, but GSP is too powerful for him. I wonder what sort of stunt he's going to pull this time...[/quote']

Hes not all that powerful? he couldnt yank his arm out and kos also got a takdown and did a lil ground and pound.This is when kos neglected is wrestling hes not gonna do it again

And knock him out in the process.

This is total BS. Koscheck will go for the take down in this fight for sure. His success in the first round of the first fight came from him smothering GSP from the top. This fight will be a snooze fest for sure as neither of these guys will want to stand because they'll both be waiting for the other one to shoot. It will be a who shoots first contest' date=' whoever has the better sprawl wins.

Probably less than 20 strikes on the feet thrown in this fight.[/quote']

GSP is too good a wrestler, Koscheck won't be able to do that.

GSPs TDD is superior imo.

GSPs takedown percentage (Success/attempts) speaks for itself.

As I said, part of me hopes Kos will be able to keep it standing, so GSP can remind us that he is a very underrated striker. But I predict Kos on his back for most of the fight.

gsp1.gif

i don't think Kos feels GSPs standup is as dangerous as Daley's...which is true imo, BUT i think GSPs standup is still better than Kos'...

imo, if ur gameplan is to land one punch, that is a very flawed strategy...

Kos has to try and TD GSP to control points and top damage, not just hope to land the big shot...

As I said' date=' part of me hopes Kos will be able to keep it standing, so GSP can remind us that he is a very underrated striker. But I predict Kos on his back for most of the fight.

[img']http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/combatchaz/gsp1.gif[/img]

LMAO - Division one national champion !!!

Yea I hope they stand both of them are wrestlers so its gonna be hard to take each other down so they should stand with each other

this is whats gonna happen until some-one starts to get the better in the stand up, then that person (GSP) will take the other down and beat on them

I would have thought if anything Koscheck had the better chance on the ground since his stand up is garbage. I am not saying Koscheck's wrestling is better than GSP's because it isn't, but Koscheck was a All-American wrestling champion who has just learned to strike decently in the last 2-3 years, which is no match for a 3rd degreee black belt in Kyokushin Karate.

Pretty sure it dosent matter where they go GSP will win either way.

This sounds about right. I think Koscheck can stuff a few takedowns and attempt a few himself, but in the end GSP will dominate the match. I've watched there previous fight a few times, Kos definitly gave him a little trouble in round one, but its been a while and GSP has grown tremendously since.

Koscheck is a tough guy, can't take that away from him. He does his stunts, but this is a sport, and sometimes you need to take what you can get. I only see him winning by surprising GSP early and taking the fight to him ASAP. I personally believe that GSP has mental, self-esteem issues with himself. Take away his confidence and Kos might have this. However this is unlikely. GSP trains insanely hard, and will come more then prepared and overpower Kos throughout the bout.

GSP by UD

The're both excelent wrestlers; but GSP size would be a determining factor in a wrestling match; so I guess Kos will go for the striking more than anything, hoping that his TDD keeps him from falling to the ground with GSP.

I have GSP winning a split decision, and having some really hard moments on this fight.

i just watched the interview yesterday and laughed my **** off

i was actually predicting that GSP would be the one to force the standup since he is miles better than kos standing

poor kos we are gonna have to do a side by side with fitchs post fight pics to see who got it worse

kos says whens the last time he knocked someone out...well ask fitch if it really mattered if he was out cold or not

people even thinking these 2 are anywhere near equal in the standup are just delerious. GSP has the best standup at 170. everyone forgets what he did to thiago alves, who even though i dont believe in mma math destroyed kos on the feet.

Hes not all that powerful? he couldnt yank his arm out and kos also got a takdown and did a lil ground and pound.This is when kos neglected is wrestling hes not gonna do it again

Kos tried his best in the first fight' date=' it just wasn't enough. It won't be any different this time around. He'll try to grind out a five round UD guaranteed, but he can't out wrestler GSP.

Yea I hope they stand both of them are wrestlers so its gonna be hard to take each other down so they should stand with each other

Kos will struggle to take GSP down, GSP will take down Koscheck at will. Koscheck's sprawl isn't that great, it's just nobody ever tries to take him down.

As I said' date=' part of me hopes Kos will be able to keep it standing, so GSP can remind us that he is a very underrated striker. But I predict Kos on his back for most of the fight.

[img']http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/combatchaz/gsp1.gif[/img]

This gif is unbelievable. Koscheck tries that explosive running take down, GSP is just that much more explosive.

It's really hard to say who had better wrestling. So I'll say they are equal. Standing for sure goes to GSP. I say GSP gets the finish that everyone is crying about. Probably happen in the 4th round.

Well, offensive wrestling, I would say GSP's double is better than Kos's single. Kos has the best single by far though, and GSP has the best double by far.

As for defensive wrestling, I would have to give that to GSP. He does more with the clinch and has better balance IMO.. and judging from the first fight I think that is how most would feel.

koscheck has sick standup.

Koscheck_Thiago_Quick.gif

This genuinely made my day, I remember watching that fight and hearing Rogan and Goldberg just saying like, "Thiago's gotta pull guard or something he's getting destroyed on the feet" and criticising his technique then out of nowhere he knocks Koscheck stone, and this was even before I hated him for his cheating, I just hated him for being him at that point, nonetheless I laughed for a good 10 minutes.

Archived