Yager and Bryant was a great fight.

Chiefco1990

Both of these guys were very explosive, especially Yager with those kicks/jumping and swinging out of takedown shots. This was the first fight this season where the two fighter really impressed me. If Bryant can start avoiding leg kicks, I can see him being a force in the MW division with that power. If Yager can learn to be more disciplined and harness his power and stop the flasy maneuvers, he can be a beast.

I see both of these guys having good careers.

True yager all that talk quits.. I loved how chuck turned around clappin in his face sayin haha just like tito

lol this was kinda a low blow... oh well it was entertaining nonetheless.

I too enjoyed the fight. I wanted to see a knockout but quitting between rounds is fun too.

I agree it was a great fight' date=' but Yager's chin didn't look too good. He got wobbled a fair few times in that fight. I don't think he'd fair too well against any big strikers within the division.[/quote']

I completely agree. some of the shots that wobbled him didn't even look to be all that powerful. sure there were a few good ones.

in a way there's shades of rashad in yager, his chin obviously hadn't been tested b4 now, machida showed up rashad's weakness was his chin, thiago again showed it up as did rampage tho the later two couldn't finish him, it did look like some of those hits didn't seem to carry much weight behind them but then again we dunno as we weren't the ones being hit lol

think yager if he can calm him self down an get in with a good gym/camp then he'd have a shout at a good career, i suppose only time will tell

Both of these guys were very explosive' date=' especially Yager with those kicks/jumping and swinging out of takedown shots. This was the first fight this season where the two fighter really impressed me. If Bryant can start avoiding leg kicks, I can see him being a force in the MW division with that power. If Yager can learn to be more disciplined and harness his power and stop the flasy maneuvers, he can be a beast.

I see both of these guys having good careers.[/quote']

i think yager will not do anything in the ufc after that and bryant will slim down alot and move to ww or maby even lw, just cant see him hanging with the belchers and the nate m's, or any monster like those guys at mw

Were you guys surprised by how incredibly blunt Kris McKray was with Yeager after he came back from the hospital? Having been in those situations, as have we all, I found watching it similiar to listening to someone scratch their nails on a chalkboard. At the same time it was great to watch.

yager is a guy who is used to being bigger and more talented than everyone, at least thats how it seemed to me.

he got hit the first time and you could see he was shook, even the other guys commented on that

hes going nowhere sadly, he has flashy standup but if your gonna be a striker you need to have a good chin, good heart (which he obv has neither) and really...his striking is not that good.

any tkd guys here? did you notice he kicks dog leg? for those who dont know what im talking about his trajectory angles up and causes him to clip guys rather than deliver huge impact. so even though his kicks are powerful his control has a long way to go.

also all this jumping was foolish, burns a lot of energy and inevitably lands you on the mat. once down he was toast.

Were you guys surprised by how incredibly blunt Kris McKray was with Yeager after he came back from the hospital? Having been in those situations' date=' as have we all, I found watching it similiar to listening to someone scratch their nails on a chalkboard. At the same time it was great to watch.[/quote']

i did, and i was surprised but happy to see it. kris is a strait shooter, and yager needs to realize the fallout of what he did. like kris said, the guys and everyone else expects you as a fighter to go out on your shield...if your tired and hurt you still gotta go out there and take your lumps

I'm not sure I'd call it a great fight. It had a fair bit of action but left a lot to be desired in terms of skill. Yeah Yagers kicks are flashy and even effective but he needs to learn when to use them. How many times did we see him throw jumping high kicks with Bryant right again him? That is a sure way to get taken down fast and hard. One foot off the ground makes you a target for a take down, 2 gives you no stability at all, all it takes is a push to put you on your ****. And like so many guys in MMA he doesn't seem to have a clue about jabs. On top of that the guy has no chin, which you can't teach, and no heart, which you can't teach. As for Bryant all I can say is.....average.

in a way there's shades of rashad in yager' date=' his chin obviously hadn't been tested b4 now, machida showed up rashad's weakness was his chin, thiago again showed it up as did rampage tho the later two couldn't finish him, it did look like some of those hits didn't seem to carry much weight behind them but then again we dunno as we weren't the ones being hit lol

think yager if he can calm him self down an get in with a good gym/camp then he'd have a shout at a good career, i suppose only time will tell[/quote']

I SMELL A BITTER JACKSON FAN lmao

anyone else find it completely hypocritical tito was calling yager a ***** over and over again? and even went as far to mock him with a hurt neck and calling him a quitter.. literally the same day he quit his fight & backed out?

and i really wasnt a fan of yager, he quit yeah, but he did impress me before that 2nd round ended.

i definatly think yager could have a future. yeah he got rocked but its not like got striaght knocked out after one punch( like big baby). every time he did get rocked he got his composure back and defended well. i think hes gonna come back and fight on the finale card more motivated and more well rounded.

I was pissed that Yager lost. He was doing good' date=' I mean WTF happened yager?!?! ;)[/quote']

Not showing up for the 3rd in a fight like that is bad... It sends a message of weakness. I am not a fan of his at all. I think that a fighter who will not be intimidated with his seemingly long limbs could take him out with some accurate punches.

so glad Yaeger lost. I hated his attitude the whole season. The only thing better than a beat down was watching him quot.

My friends met him at the expo and said he was the biggest **** they ever met . With his air about him, they just knew he was in the finals. Opps. lol

no chin, no heart, no career as a fighter

I too loved Kris telling him bluntly when he came back in the house.

And Kris is the only one (and Tavares) in that house that could feed him truth sandwiches like that. It didn't seem like he was trying to kick Yager while down, just telling him what's up since he chose to give up.

Joe Henle's description of the fight cracked me up. He was BANG on explaining Yager's confidence declining throughout the fight. And I totally agree with him that making a figher quit inbetween rounds is better than a knock out or sub.

At the very least, I definitely see Yager fighing at the finale despite this result. He has marketed himself for his fights to be watched. Doesn't hurt that he's flashy either. Love him or hate him, you'll remember him from this season.

While it sucks and is pitiful that Sideshow Bob didn't answer the bell for the third, there shouldn't have been a third. I think Sideshow won that fight. He certainly has a future. I hate his personality/atitude, but he has some skills and is exciting to watch. It was nice to see his whole attitude change after taking the loss though....from ****y sob to quiet and humbled. That was good to see, but he most definitely will make some waves in the UFC. I'm not talking champion, but he will have some exciting fights and I think he may be one of the most successful guys from this season.

And Kris is the only one (and Tavares) in that house that could feed him truth sandwiches like that. It didn't seem like he was trying to kick Yager while down' date=' just telling him what's up since he chose to give up.

Joe Henle's description of the fight cracked me up. He was BANG on explaining Yager's confidence declining throughout the fight. And I totally agree with him that making a figher quit inbetween rounds is better than a knock out or sub.

At the very least, I definitely see Yager fighing at the finale despite this result. He has marketed himself for his fights to be watched. Doesn't hurt that he's flashy either. Love him or hate him, you'll remember him from this season.[/quote']

Exactly. He is very memorable. From the wild hair, to the mouth, to the explosive kicks...he will be remembered and people will want to see him fight more than any other fighter from this season.

SO Yager blasts through 2 guys in under 30 seconds each, gets exhausted because Tito the genius over trains his team, and does the smart thing by not continuing and getting himself injured, and you geniuses label him a p*ssy? that's awesome.

Has no one else noticed on both seasons with Tito coaching if his guys don't finish ini the first, they are dead exhausted by the middle of the second?

That is because that high intensity training Tito brags so much about does more harm than good for the first month. It takes several months of that type of training to get the long term effects that are desired. When guys come in and aren't physically used to training with that intensity, there is an adjustment period, and it is more than the 2 weeks these guys get on the show. Pretty obviously Yager's past training has focused on strength and fast twitch muscles, which takes a long time to change his body's physiology. Why do you think so many of his guys were so tired by the end of the first round?

Didn't you notice the difference in training regimens of Tito and Chuck and who has had the edge all season?

And risking your health and future to show you have "heart" rather than brains is just plain idiotic.

Maybe once you grow up a little bit you will understand it is better to have brains than balls.

SO Yager blasts through 2 guys in under 30 seconds each' date=' gets exhausted because Tito the genius over trains his team, and does the smart thing by not continuing and getting himself injured, and you geniuses label him a p*ssy? that's awesome.

Has no one else noticed on both seasons with Tito coaching if his guys don't finish ini the first, they are dead exhausted by the middle of the second?

That is because that high intensity training Tito brags so much about does more harm than good for the first month. It takes several months of that type of training to get the long term effects that are desired. When guys come in and aren't physically used to training with that intensity, there is an adjustment period, and it is more than the 2 weeks these guys get on the show. Pretty obviously Yager's past training has focused on strength and fast twitch muscles, which takes a long time to change his body's physiology. Why do you think so many of his guys were so tired by the end of the first round?

Didn't you notice the difference in training regimens of Tito and Chuck and who has had the edge all season?

And risking your health and future to show you have "heart" rather than brains is just plain idiotic.

Maybe once you grow up a little bit you will understand it is better to have brains than balls.[/quote']

He didnt lose because he was overtrained.... He lost because hes afraid to get hit

SO Yager blasts through 2 guys in under 30 seconds each' date=' gets exhausted because Tito the genius over trains his team, and does the smart thing by not continuing and getting himself injured, and you geniuses label him a p*ssy? that's awesome.

Maybe once you grow up a little bit you will understand it is better to have brains than balls.[/quote']

He is getting blasted because of how much he ran his mouth. You shouldn't be suprised that somebody is getting blasted for quiting and losing by TKO due to being tired after running their mouth off as much as he did.

He is getting blasted because of how much he ran his mouth. You shouldn't be suprised that somebody is getting blasted for quiting and losing by TKO due to being tired after running their mouth off as much as he did.

yes it's called "The Bisping Effect" lol.....

Archived