upsets in mma

MachidaFanatic

so i've noticed that at these last two main events, the fighters that were supposed to win according to polls, did not. the rampage vs evans was like 62 percent rampage 38 percent rashad. machida had similar odds. and now liddell has better odds then FRANKLIN! im starting to think they aren't really upsets, its just the mma community has some real idiots voting on these polls. and maybe its just these last two events where the fans were wrong because im not about to like that stuff up, so if i am making a bad observation, please, enlighten.

I wouldn't necessarily call these upsets, mind you. These were pretty reasonable results. as in, even the die hard Rampage or Machida fans can admit that Rashad and Shogun respectively had a good chance of winning, going into these fights.

That been said, You are correct in your observation :)

I wouldn't necessarily call these upsets' date=' mind you. These were pretty reasonable results. as in, even the die hard Rampage or Machida fans can admit that Rashad and Shogun respectively had a good chance of winning, going into these fights.

That been said, You are correct in your observation :)[/quote']

that's exactly it, what is supposed to be an upset was never an upset to begin with.

it was obviously going to be evans, hes too fast and has too good a gameplan. and machida had no answer for shogun the first time. think outside the box man. who do you reckon is going to win the next main event between a slow 40 year old who has been knocked stupid so now he cant even speak properly and a 185 pounder who now has a weak chin

so i've noticed that at these last two main events' date=' the fighters that were supposed to win according to polls, did not. the rampage vs evans was like 62 percent rampage 38 percent rashad. machida had similar odds. and now [b']liddell has better odds then FRANKLIN[/b]! im starting to think they aren't really upsets, its just the mma community has some real idiots voting on these polls. and maybe its just these last two events where the fans were wrong because im not about to like that stuff up, so if i am making a bad observation, please, enlighten.

oh yea i agree with that i think thats alot of dummys who still think chuck is the ufc god, im not sayin hes terrible i just dont think he can compete with the new contenders even prospects..

Archived