Ufc 114 = horrible card!!

beast0525

title should read "ufc 115=horrible card" nasty typo's

i just wanted to say that after seeing the past ufc ppvs, who really wants to see a main event with fighters (whom i do respect) who will never be champions again in the ufc...yes everyone remembers the championship days of chuck liddell until he ran into the fists of rampage and rashad....and everyone remember the championship days of rich franklin until he ran into the knees of anderson silva....even if you put tito back in the mix it would still be a waste of time...THOSE DAYS ARE OVER...lets face it, you see chuck liddell more today on highlights of other fighters knocking him the hell out and you see franklin on silvas highlights getting his knees buckled!

and then you have mirco cro cop and barry...ok.....thumbs down...who else is on the card....NO ONE

all everyone wants to see is ufc 116 the main event is better then the entire card of 115 in which two has-beens headline...the only fighter worth mentioning is paulo thiago...is there any realistic future titlist on this card???

PLEASE DANA & SILVA: NO MORE IRRELEVANT FIGHTS!!!!...and if you are going to make fights like this...dont make them the f'n main event!! oh and yes i am aware that they are the coaches on the ultimate fighter (tito & chuck: franklin a replacement)...all i say to that...is that it should be treated just like ortiz vs. shamrock 3...free and live on spike...the card BLOWS...simple as that!

if chuck wins! great...then what............i hear crickets

if franklin wins! awesome...then what................even more crickets

im just glad that the next season of the ultimate fighter is coached by a champion and a very worthy opponet...i would be glad if the coaches were at least contenders...that way no one has to wait another month to see a card that actually matters...point blank period

... I think you mean UFC 115

Speak for yourself - I am looking forward to a lot of fun fights. Even if they aren't all meaningful when it comes to future titlists.

my mistake i did mean 115 *typo* i got it right in the thread just not the title...

what fights are you looking forward to???

i wanna or sure see these fights, liddell vs franklin to see who wants a career more, barry vs cro cop is gonna be sweet, kampmann vs thiago is gonna be another slugfest, and yvel vs rothwell who both had crappy debuts so hopefully well be able to see what they can do as fas as the ufc goes......speak for yourself dude all the other fights should be good 2

my mistake i did mean 115 *typo* i got it right in the thread just not the title...

what fights are you looking forward to???

yeah, got it right after you edited it, heh.

Franklin vs Lidell will be a good fight. Pat Berry vs Mirco could be a great fight. Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago should be really good too. I always enjoy watching Carlos Condit fight, and Rothwell vs Yvel (butchered the spelling there I think) I think will be a very entertaining (and short) fight. Tyson Griffon is going to be shown on spike (total BS that he isn't on a main card).

I do hate Mac Danzig though. Hope he gets trashed.

i wanna or sure see these fights' date=' liddell vs franklin to see who wants a career more, barry vs cro cop is gonna be sweet, kampmann vs thiago is gonna be another slugfest, and yvel vs rothwell who both had crappy debuts so hopefully well be able to see what they can do as fas as the ufc goes......speak for yourself dude all the other fights should be good 2[/quote']

i guess thats where we differ...i want to see fighters fight whom actually have a realistic chance of one day being a champion in the ufc...this card is full of fighters whom would get destroyed by the champions in their respected weight divisions....no contenders...the only contender i see is paulo thiago...and thats a stretch...yea he tko'd kosheck (very lucky) but would get dominated by greaseSP...

NO CONTENDERS....NONE

liddells career is over...win or lose...dana white wanted chuck to retire..but because of friendship he brought him back in to do the ultimate fighter against a guy liddell already dominated multiple times...and then had to replace...come on

I half agree with TC. I'm not sure this will be a "horrible" card. The main reason is every time I see a card stacked with names and fights everyone is dying to see it ends up sucking, and then the cards that have no names and people are complaining about to no end before the thing starts end up being great cards. That being said, this is the second PPV in a row now that the UFC hasn't had a title fight in the Main Event. With 5 belts this should (almost) never happen. The fact they are putting Griffin on a free tv event is shameful.

The only way to remedy the no title fight is to make all main events 5 rounds. I can't describe how disappointing it is to watch a main event that is only 3 rounds. It would be like watching a boxing on HBO fight where the main event is only 6 rounds.

Oh, and the Barry v CroCop - the UFC should pay us to watch this thing. Two fighters who have absolutely no future whatsoever in the sport, and are only barely good enough to face eachother. Sad.

Who gives a crap? The best football fan will watch any football game and appreciate the talent.

no buddy, unless youre a die hard lions fan or rams fan youre not going to enjoy watching two teams who wont make the playoffs....

with that said...most people are for sure not going to pay to see a card full of fighters who will never have a run at the title or have a realistic chance at winning it...

yea if its on tv for free you'll watch it...duhh but come on who would really pay to see this??

maybe so...but at least ufc 114 had "CONTENDERS"!!!

Isn't Paulo Thiago on this card? I guarantee he's a contender... Pat Barry? Well I believe he will be.

Overall, isn't it about how fun the fights will be to watch? Liddell vs Franklin's gonna be non stop action, Pat Barry vs Cro Cop, somebody's gonna get KO'ed, for sure. Thiago vs. Kampmann is going to be a well rounded MMA fight, probably fight of the night. Rothwell vs. Yvel should be really good too, somebody's gonna score a flash KO, easy to bet that, and Condit vs. MacDonald is going to be a fight between BEASTS.. That's gonna be a war. Tyson vs. Dunham will be a good technical duel too.

"Isn't Paulo Thiago on this card? I guarantee he's a contender... Pat Barry? Well I believe he will be."

uhh yea' date=' i meantioned thiago in the thread and in a reply...so yea one contender...barry hahaha i guess you can dream....[/quote']

if you want a card completely stacked with contenders and contenders only then we will have like 3-4 ppv a year smart guy

if you want a card completely stacked with contenders and contenders only then we will have like 3-4 ppv a year smart guy

no one said it had to be completely stacked with contenders..."smart girl"

the fact is that no one on this card "NO ONE" has a realistic chance of ever gettin the gold and thats my point...not one dmn fighter...

I think that UFC 115 is going to be a really good card!!!

First off Liddell vs. Franklin will be a great fight. Both guys are always in exciting fights, and I always am excited to see Liddell fighting!

Pat Barry vs. Cro Cop will be an explosive fight too. If anyone likes great kickboxing matches with smaller gloves, than this will be the one to watch. This fight (along with the main event) will not go the distance.

P. Thiago vs. Kampman wont go the distance either. Im a Thiago fan, and im interested to see how he will look against Kampman since he seems to really improve in every fight.

Rothwell vs. Yvel should have some fireworks. Both guys have a loss in their UFC debut, and both are looking for a win in an impressive fashion. Yvel always looks to end the fights, and Rothwell is going to be throwing bombs looking for the KO.

Condit vs. Macdonald should be a good fight too. Im just interested to see how Condit looks in this fight, and see if he is still significant in the WW division.

Griffin vs. Dunham will be interesting to watch too. Griffin always puts on good fights, and Im interested to see how good Dunham really is.

Overall there are a bunch of fights that im really looking forward to.

no buddy' date=' unless youre a die hard lions fan or rams fan youre not going to enjoy watching two teams who wont make the playoffs....

with that said...most people are for sure not going to pay to see a card full of fighters who will never have a run at the title or have a realistic chance at winning it...

yea if its on tv for free you'll watch it...duhh but come on who would really pay to see this??[/quote']

What a ****** bag as you americans would say!!

This is a card stacked full of fighters, alot of the cards where nobody is in direct line for a title shot are often the best cards cos fighters are scrambling to move up the ladder!!

Cro-cop v barry could well see knockout of the year

Chuck v Rich could easily be fight of the year

Rothwell v Yvel both fighters fighting for there UFC future

Thiago v Kampman striking, submissions, wrestling its all in this one

I cant wait to see this card!!

Stop hating player!!

i just wanted to say that after seeing the past ufc ppvs' date=' who really wants to see a main event with fighters (whom i do respect) who will never be champions again in the ufc...yes everyone remembers the championship days of chuck liddell until he ran into the fists of rampage and rashad....and everyone remember the championship days of rich franklin until he ran into the knees of anderson silva....even if you put tito back in the mix it would still be a waste of time...THOSE DAYS ARE OVER...lets face it, you see chuck liddell more today on highlights of other fighters knocking him the hell out and you see franklin on silvas highlights getting his knees buckled!

and then you have mirco cro cop and barry...ok.....thumbs down...who else is on the card....NO ONE

all everyone wants to see is ufc 116 the main event is better then the entire card of 115 in which two has-beens headline...the only fighter worth mentioning is paulo thiago...is there any realistic future titlist on this card???

PLEASE DANA & SILVA: NO MORE IRRELEVANT FIGHTS!!!!...and if you are going to make fights like this...dont make them the f'n main event!! oh and yes i am aware that they are the coaches on the ultimate fighter (tito & chuck: franklin a replacement)...all i say to that...is that it should be treated just like ortiz vs. shamrock 3...free and live on spike...the card BLOWS...simple as that!

im just glad that the next season of the ultimate fighter is coached by a champion and a very worthy opponet...i would be glad if the coaches were at least contenders...that way no one has to wait another month to see a card that actually matters...point blank period[/quote']

If your a fan of mma then it shouldn't matter whether or not the fighters will be in future title contention. all that should matter is that they put on a good fight, and although many of the fights would be considered as "meaningless" to you just because they don't have title implications, many of them will still be entertaining and fun fights to watch

I think that is the most important thing when it comes to being an mma fan. more often than not it's preliminary fights and even undercard fights that receive "fight of the night" awards, so I really don't understand why a card HAS to have title implications just to spark your interest..

but hey, you cant fix stupid :)

If your a fan of mma then it shouldn't matter whether or not the fighters will be in future title contention. all that should matter is that they put on a good fight' date=' and although many of the fights would be considered as "meaningless" to you just because they don't have title implications, many of them will still be entertaining and fun fights to watch

I think that is the most important thing when it comes to being an mma fan. more often than not it's preliminary fights and even undercard fights that receive "fight of the night" awards, so I really don't understand why a card HAS to have title implications just to spark your interest..

but hey, you cant fix stupid :)[/quote']

+1

I think your off base with what you think about 115. Are you one of the people who whine about lay and pray? Well, I don't think (I could be wrong) that there is even one wrestler on this card. Def. Not the main event, or the comain with Cro Cop and Barry. All these fights should be highly entertaining. Cro Cop even said he was bringing the kicks back, so hopefully we see that, overall though I think this is going to be a good card with very entertaining fights. Who cares where they stand in the mix in their weght divisions? Some of the best fights ever have come from guys that aren't in contention for a title. USUALY, (I said usually) the fighters who are contenders have a lot more to lose, so they execute a more conservative game plan. Not so with any of these fights.

Heres to hoping that the real cro cop shows up again!!

I think your off base with what you think about 115. Are you one of the people who whine about lay and pray? Well' date=' I don't think (I could be wrong) that there is even one wrestler on this card. Def. Not the main event, or the comain with Cro Cop and Barry. All these fights should be highly entertaining. Cro Cop even said he was bringing the kicks back, so hopefully we see that, overall though I think this is going to be a good card with very entertaining fights. Who cares where they stand in the mix in their weght divisions? Some of the best fights ever have come from guys that aren't in contention for a title. USUALY, (I said usually) the fighters who are contenders have a lot more to lose, so they execute a more conservative game plan. Not so with any of these fights.

Heres to hoping that the real cro cop shows up again!![/quote']

As we say in england Brrrrrrrrrrap!! As i said in my earlier post these are all fighters on this card, the only fighter i would expect to use his wrestling is ben rothwell, he wont want to trade with Yvel. I personally love a good ground battle almost as much as a stand up war but i love to see fighters come to fight and we dont always see that do we mr koscheck!! haha!! Can you tell im british and bitter

Bring back paul daley!!! :-)

The only fight on the broadcast, both Spike and PPV, that I am really not looking forward to is Yvel vs Rothwell, and that has the potential for a violent ending.

Say what you will about Franklin and Liddell being past their prime, but truth is they have only lost to the division's elite (save for Jardine beating Liddell) and still put on exciting fights. That is a well-matched main event.

Barry vs Cro Cop is such a solid co-main event with two elite level kickboxers that no one should be complaining, especially all of you who whine about the ground game. The rest of the card is lined up with very close and appropriately matched fights.

Simply put, if you don't understand that find a new sport. Cards do not need title fights and big names, though this one has the latter, to make a great night of fights. Fighters make fights good, not belts and names.

The only fight on the broadcast' date=' both Spike and PPV, that I am really not looking forward to is Yvel vs Rothwell, and that has the potential for a violent ending.

Say what you will about Franklin and Liddell being past their prime, but truth is they have only lost to the division's elite (save for Jardine beating Liddell) and still put on exciting fights. That is a well-matched main event.

Barry vs Cro Cop is such a solid co-main event with two elite level kickboxers that no one should be complaining, especially all of you who whine about the ground game. The rest of the card is lined up with very close and appropriately matched fights.

Simply put, if you don't understand that find a new sport. Cards do not need title fights and big names, though this one has the latter, to make a great night of fights. Fighters make fights good, not belts and names.[/quote']

As much as I wanted to see Tito get his face pounded again by lidell, that would have been a totally mismatched fight, and everyone already knew what the outcome was gonna be. At least with Franklin Vs. Lidell we know we will see a standup fight that should have tons of action.

Contenders should not be a factor in whether you think a fight card will be good or not. If you're a fan of MMA you'll enjoy this fight. I'm basically reiterating what everyone else has been saying, but it's true. If you're going to complain about it, don't watch it, plain and simple. I know i'll enjoy it. :)

As much as I wanted to see Tito get his face pounded again by lidell' date=' that would have been a totally mismatched fight, and everyone already knew what the outcome was gonna be. At least with Franklin Vs. Lidell we know we will see a standup fight that should have tons of action.[/quote']

I agree with every word of this post.

I think Liddell and Franklin will put up a beauty of a fight. These guys never dissapoint.

Im a huge Paulo Thiago fan so im excited about that. That fight is really for a #1 contender spot in WW. Since Thiago did knockout the guy getting a title shot now not too long ago, and Kampman was supposed to fight for the legit #1 contender spot until swick pulled out....oh and Thiago beat up swick.

Rest of the card looks no better or worse than 114, which was fun fights.

i just wanted to say that after seeing the past ufc ppvs' date=' who really wants to see a main event with fighters (whom i do respect) who will never be champions again in the ufc...yes everyone remembers the championship days of chuck liddell until he ran into the fists of rampage and rashad....and everyone remember the championship days of rich franklin until he ran into the knees of anderson silva....even if you put tito back in the mix it would still be a waste of time...THOSE DAYS ARE OVER...lets face it, you see chuck liddell more today on highlights of other fighters knocking him the hell out and you see franklin on silvas highlights getting his knees buckled!

im just glad that the next season of the ultimate fighter is coached by a champion and a very worthy opponet...i would be glad if the coaches were at least contenders...that way no one has to wait another month to see a card that actually matters...point blank period[/quote']

Couldn't disagree with you more. A gold strap at the top of a card does not make it a better one. I am very much looking forward to basically all of the matchups and ready to see some blood.

ok this is f'n rediculous...i keep reading all this stuff about "hey if youre a real mma fan" blah blah blah...yes im a real mma fan...the fact is im not complaining about lay and pray, i dont care how the fighter wins its mma, i NEVER said that EVERY fighter on this card had to be a contender or that there needed to be a title shot....read this slowly so you understand what my point is....

i just want somone to name one fighter on the ufc 115 card that could win a title in the future...people say paulo thiago...hell no...he got lucky when he tko'd koscheck..josh was dominating that fight and got caught...obviously people are just looking at the record and didnt watch the fight...no one on this card thats right NO ONE has a chance in hell at ever beating the top contenders or title holders in their weight divisions....

i have to say this again because people cant seem to read this correctly and remember i typed it...it doesnt have to have every fight be a contender or have a title shot...this is just a pointless card nothing with get done...sure it will probably have some good fights im not denying that...all im saying is that it should be a ufn or a free show on spike...the reason is because all that willo get done is a jostle around of the fighters at the bottom of the rung or bring someone up to contention just to get beat the next time they fight....

there are NO CONTENDERS AT ALL NOT ONE DMN FIGHTER NOT ONE...could there at least be a fighter on this care just one dmn fighter that could actually do something special at the top of the rankings...no theres not one

you guys can question my mma fan-hood all day but i know im a true mma fan so your opinions hold no value....i love football more then any other sport...i love that shhh...i've played it all my life and at the college level...but im still not gonna want to watch appilation st. vs. duke univ. because i'm hoping it will be a good game....

No this card is irrelevant...

franklin & liddell would get slaughterd by top contenders today

cro cop & barry would get destroyed by lesnar and carwin etc

thiago would get destroyed by grease

and i wont even mention the rest of the fighters on this card....

if you watch mma just to see knock outs etc. yea watch this card and hope to get what you want...if you watch mma to see the best fighters or at least fighters climbling to the top display their skills you wont find any of those fighters at 115...

oh and by the way i gauruntee that liddell and franklin goes to a decision...BANK ON IT BUDDY

This is an awesome card

Liddell vs Franklin - both want to prove theyre still relevant in the UFC.

Cro Cop vs Barry - Cro Cop is hungry for a win and barry is an up and coming fighter in the heavyweight division.

Thiago vs Kampmann - i cant wait to see Paulo choke out Kampmann.

Yvel vs Rothwell - this fight were sure to see a brutal KO

ok this is f'n rediculous...i keep reading all this stuff about "hey if youre a real mma fan" blah blah blah...yes im a real mma fan...the fact is im not complaining about lay and pray' date=' i dont care how the fighter wins its mma, i NEVER said that EVERY fighter on this card had to be a contender or that there needed to be a title shot....read this slowly so you understand what my point is....

i just want somone to name one fighter on the ufc 115 card that could win a title in the future...people say paulo thiago...hell no...he got lucky when he tko'd koscheck..josh was dominating that fight and got caught...obviously people are just looking at the record and didnt watch the fight...no one on this card thats right NO ONE has a chance in hell at ever beating the top contenders or title holders in their weight divisions....

i have to say this again because people cant seem to read this correctly and remember i typed it...it doesnt have to have every fight be a contender or have a title shot...this is just a pointless card nothing with get done...sure it will probably have some good fights im not denying that...all im saying is that it should be a ufn or a free show on spike...the reason is because all that willo get done is a jostle around of the fighters at the bottom of the rung or bring someone up to contention just to get beat the next time they fight....

there are NO CONTENDERS AT ALL NOT ONE DMN FIGHTER NOT ONE...could there at least be a fighter on this care just one dmn fighter that could actually do something special at the top of the rankings...no theres not one

you guys can question my mma fan-hood all day but i know im a true mma fan so your opinions hold no value....i love football more then any other sport...i love that shhh...i've played it all my life and at the college level...but im still not gonna want to watch appilation st. vs. duke univ. [b']because i'm hoping it will be a good game[/b]....

No this card is irrelevant...

franklin & liddell would get slaughterd by top contenders today

cro cop & barry would get destroyed by lesnar and carwin etc

thiago would get destroyed by grease

and i wont even mention the rest of the fighters on this card....

if you watch mma just to see knock outs etc. yea watch this card and hope to get what you want...if you watch mma to see the best fighters or at least fighters climbling to the top display their skills you wont find any of those fighters at 115...

oh and by the way i gauruntee that liddell and franklin goes to a decision...BANK ON IT

BUDDY

the part that is bold is why people are going to watch this card is because they want to see good fights. I think that this is the first time i ever herd someone complain about fighters just because they are not contenders as you put it. I guess you just dont love MMA as much as you love football if you are going to complain about a card that is going to have really good fights but you are going to watch Duke play football..... I thought they only had a basketball team :rolleyes:

the part that is bold is why people are going to watch this card is because they want to see good fights. I think that this is the first time i ever herd someone complain about fighters just because they are not contenders as you put it. I guess you just dont love MMA as much as you love football if you are going to complain about a card that is going to have really good fights but you are going to watch Duke play football..... I thought they only had a basketball team :rolleyes:

not trying to insult you but please learn how to read

not trying to insult you but please learn how to read

I read your first post and all you have been doing is complaining about there are not contenders on the card but you will watch a Duke football game.... Cause we know how duke is always a top contender when it comes to college football

i just wanted to say that after seeing the past ufc ppvs' date=' who really wants to see a main event with fighters (whom i do respect)[b'] who will never be champions again in the ufc...[/b]yes everyone remembers the championship days of chuck liddell until he ran into the fists of rampage and rashad....and everyone remember the championship days of rich franklin until he ran into the knees of anderson silva....even if you put tito back in the mix it would still be a waste of time...THOSE DAYS ARE OVER...lets face it, you see chuck liddell more today on highlights of other fighters knocking him the hell out and you see franklin on silvas highlights getting his knees buckled!

im just glad that the next season of the ultimate fighter is coached by a champion and a very worthy opponet...i would be glad if the coaches were at least contenders...that way no one has to wait another month to see a card that actually matters...point blank period

Who cares if they will never be champions again? It still will be a good fight. Why do we watch Roy Nelson fight? Its highly unlikely he will ever be champion, though he has surprised a lot of us.

Archived