Sign in to follow this  
tuf1_

Nick Drake R.I.P

You might have heard his music in an AT&T commercial. The guy is a legend. Made some great music that went criminally overlooked in his life. None of his albums ever sold more than 5,000 copies until after his suicide. Dude had his demons but he never did interviews or concerts, only cared about making beautiful music.

Here's some of his stuff if you wanna check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtyLL_BE-oo

You might have heard his music in an AT&T commercial. The guy is a legend. Made some great music that went criminally overlooked in his life. None of his albums ever sold more than 5' date='000 copies until after his suicide. Dude had his demons but he never did interviews or concerts, only cared about making beautiful music.

Here's some of his stuff if you wanna check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtyLL_BE-oo

[/quote']

Well said dude, I'm a life long fan and have every scrap of material Nick ever recorded and have read numerous books on him, a huge fan and a sadly overlooked talent as you say.

Indeed, R.I.P Nick.

i'd never heard of him before, i've just listened to the links you put up and i like his music, it's always bad when someone gets to the point where they can't carry on, i think i'll be getting his albums asap

Nick Drake was great. Like you said, one of many great artist that was overlooked his whole career. A shame.

R.I.P. Nick Drake.