Sign in to follow this  
Zombiain

Randy Couture training with Brock

From Randy's Twitter "Minnesoata to spend a week training with lesnar ! Should be fun . Camp for toney is officially ramping up ! Talk to yall soon !"

I think training with Randy would be a great help for Brock, defending dirty boxing etc... thoughts?

From Randy's Twitter "Minnesoata to spend a week training with lesnar ! Should be fun . Camp for toney is officially ramping up ! Talk to yall soon !"

I think training with Randy would be a great help for Brock' date=' defending dirty boxing etc... thoughts?[/quote']

Yeah, it's a win/win situation.

Brock gets help with his dirty boxing and control against the cage.

Randy can get help on his takedowns and work more and more on his already great wrestling.

Should add an interesting twist as far as trying to figure out what Brock's strategy for the Carwin fight will be. Is Brock gonna try to straight up take him down or adopt the patented Randy Couture strategy? Don't know how effective Lesnar could get with only a week to practice, but the dude is a freak of nature. No doubts he could learn something very well, very quickly.

As for working on dirty boxing defense, I don't think that's what Lesnar is gonna be training for too much. I know it would be useful but to suggest that Carwin's cage-and-dirty-boxing tactics are even close in comparison to Randy's is ridiculous. And this is coming from a Carwin fan.

So I'm thinking this is gonna be more for working on Lesnar's ability to use the cage and control his opponents. Seems like it'd be a lot more useful than learning defense.

Brock would be amazing if he took on the dirty boxing and clinch work of Randy Couture. Imagine that size and frame pressing you up against the cage, and those powerful short punches. Add knees to his arsenal aswell, and he could get some more KO and TKO victories.

Here comes the pain! :eek:

Yeah' date=' it's a win/win situation.

Brock gets help with his dirty boxing and control against the cage.

Randy can get help on his takedowns and work more and more on his already great wrestling.[/quote']

Randy's wrestling is better than Brock's he is just a light heavyweight fighter who should of never really been a heavyweight.

No.

Rewatch the fight. Randy was actually outwrestling Brock for a lot of the ground part. I honestly think Randy could have won that fight if he hadn't got caught the way he did.

Cool. I think that this is a win win situation. A win for Lesnar because he gets to train with a really good veteran, and should get help on his techniques, learn some knew techniques, and learn how to use and control space wisely.

And a win for Couture because he gets to train with a really big and strong heavyweight that can move as fast as some LHW's.

Rewatch the fight. Randy was actually outwrestling Brock for a lot of the ground part. I honestly think Randy could have won that fight if he hadn't got caught the way he did.

Also add that Randy is LHW and Brock is huge heavyweight. Randy trained wrestling for many more years than Brock and achieved as much in folkstyle wrestling as Brock did at the same age and Greco was Randy's main style.

Also add that Randy is LHW and Brock is huge heavyweight. Randy trained wrestling for many more years than Brock and achieved as much in folkstyle wrestling as Brock did at the same age and Greco was Randy's main style.

Favorite moment of that fight was Randy lifting Brock into the air and slamming him on his back. Some serious body strength right there.

rewatch the fight. Randy was actually outwrestling brock for a lot of the ground part. I honestly think randy could have won that fight if he hadn't got caught the way he did.

+100

Randy is has alot more experience in the greco roman side of it which applies better to MMA in a straight wrestling match obivously Lesnar is a better wrestler but this is awesome for both guys. Cant wait for Randy to take Toney down and smash his face in with elbows....

This is great for the Lesnar fans like myself! Nothing but good things to come for nearly anyone when training with someone like Couture!!!

I bet Lesnar is looking to learn how to avoid the clinch with Carwin more than anything and is going to use Randy's tactics to be able to get out of there if that's the route Carwin chooses. I think it's a little late for Lesnar to use the knowledge of Courture offensively but you never know.

Again good news for Lesnar fans!

I think training with Randy would be a great help for Brock' date=' defending dirty boxing etc... thoughts?[/quote']

I agree.

That's what Carwin is going to try to do.

Favorite moment of that fight was Randy lifting Brock into the air and slamming him on his back. Some serious body strength right there.

WTF? Did you watch the fight because I never saw Randy Couture outwrestle Brock, or lifting him in the air (280ib) and slamming him, or BROCK BEING ON HIS BACK. You should rewatch the fight and realize that Randy Couture was outclassed in every aspect including boxing and wrestling.

Game plan was to let Couture carry Brock's weight

I like this news. They both can help each other out in a lot of areas. Two world class wrestlers, but in different wrestling fields. Pretty cool that they can train together after they fought each other. Shows you Lesnar isn't as much of a **** that everyone seems to make him out to be.

Brock beat randy but randy is a jack of all trades. he used to wrestle in high school man

randy couture did alot more than wrestle in highschool he wrestled 6 years for the army, then went college and was a divison 1 wrestling all-american and randy couture was an ulternate in the olympics as a wrestler.

wtff/ that never happened what the hell u talkin about

wtf? Did you watch the fight because i never saw randy couture outwrestle brock' date=' or lifting him in the air (280ib) and slamming him, or brock being on his back. You should rewatch the fight and realize that randy couture was outclassed in every aspect including boxing and wrestling.

Game plan was to let couture carry brock's weight[/quote']

this ^^

lol... Its funny how you tell everybody to rewatch the fight when you CLEARLY have not seen it

1 week isn't a lot, but if Lesner continues to spend time with Randy over the next year or so wow. A beast of Lesner's size with a greco clinch and dirty boxing trained by Couture added to his double leg and GnP would be something to behold.

WTF? Did you watch the fight because I never saw Randy Couture outwrestle Brock' date=' or lifting him in the air (280ib) and slamming him, or BROCK BEING ON HIS BACK. You should rewatch the fight and realize that Randy Couture was outclassed in every aspect including boxing and wrestling.

Game plan was to let Couture carry Brock's weight[/quote']

Agreed. I rewatched the fight a couple of weeks ago and Brock was in control for pretty much the whole fight. I don't get where people get this Randy out-wrestled Brock stuff from.

Agreed. I rewatched the fight a couple of weeks ago and Brock was in control for pretty much the whole fight. I don't get where people get this Randy out-wrestled Brock stuff from.

People see what they want to support their position even if what they see is very far from what happened. Wonder how many people from this board get into politics! :)

That was Brock Lesnars 3rd ufc fight against a hall of famer i think his game is more elevated now

Here's a video of Randy and Brock training together... I'm sure there will be at least 27 threads started by folk here showing this...

http://xtremecouture.wordpress.com/2010/06/17/randy-couture-training-with-brock-lesnar-for-ufc-116/

thanks for posting the vid. good watch. Interesting to see Lesner working on submissions and escapes.

It'll be a good thing for Lesner to train with Randy.

Man he looks pretty damn in shape in that video. I'd say he's more ripped there than he was in his previous UFC fights. I know that doesn't mean everything but in a situation where someone is recovering I think it has some bearing.

I think it's funny he only shows his striking in half speed half (or less) power. Perhaps he's hiding something? Hopefully Carwin will fall for what so many here making fun of his "technique" are falling for:p