Sign in to follow this  
adambomber

Rampage should fight Machida

Rampage wants Griffin' date=' so we'll see..[/quote']

yeah i would like to see him fight griffen as well.

And since the layoff Rampage would need another fight at least before fighting someone of Machidas caliber

Rampage shouldnt fight anymore if he isnt more aggressive, his fighting style lends itself to being aggressive, if he isnt he will just get picked apart from the outside again and lose another decision.

Rampage didnt even really fight Rashad until the third round and then it was too late, was the same thing Thiago Silva did.

If it was a street fight and Rampage was mad i believe he would ktfo Rashad and Forrest, but in the ring he isnt aggressive enough

They're gonna give Machida a lesser fighter to give him some confidence coming off his first KO loss.

I bet he'll get someone like Thiago Silva or Bader. A fighter at least one or two levels below him.

Rampage is going to come in to his next fight with a VENGEANCE. After getting embarrassed by Rashad, I am scared for whoever has to take on Rampage next.

They're gonna give Machida a lesser fighter to give him some confidence coming off his first KO loss.

I bet he'll get someone like Thiago Silva or Bader. A fighter at least one or two levels below him.

Rampage is going to come in to his next fight with a VENGEANCE. After getting embarrassed by Rashad' date=' I am scared for whoever has to take on Rampage next.[/quote']

he already knocked out thiago silva. Also Thiago already has a scheduled match. Bader could be an interesting fight.

Rampage wouldn't hang with Machida.

Rashad round circles around Rampage, and Machida ran circles around Rashad so...

Rampage would have to get lucky to beat Machida in the stand up game.

He won't get Thiago Silva again - he beat him only 3 fights ago.

I think we might be in for a bit of a rock paper scissors world in LHW.

Rua has a fantastic chin and has Machida's number.

Maybe Anderson Silva could out-strike him but that's about it - on the other hand, his TD defence isn't that great and someone like Evans or Jon Jones could well beat him (if they can avoid the BJJ of course which is a easier said that done).

But the wrestlers have fits trying to beat Machida as they can't take him down so have to try to outstrike him (which unless they have chins of granite isn't easy).

I can't see past Rua, Machida, Evans, Jon Jones and Anderson Silva for the top 5 slots at LHW in the next couple of years - but I don't expect one man to hold the title for long - after all we've had Griffin/Evans/Machida and Rua as champs over the past 5 title fights and the division is getting more not less stacked..

Rashad round circles around Rampage' date=' and Machida ran circles around Rashad so...

Rampage would have to get lucky to beat Machida in the stand up game.[/quote']

Rashad Round circles around Rampage?

Rashad did Run thats for sure, Rampage just wasnt chasing him

Rashad runs, he ran the whole Chuck fight

he already knocked out thiago silva. Also Thiago already has a scheduled match. Bader could be an interesting fight.

yeah i guess dude didnt see that fight :eek:

Rashad round circles around Rampage' date=' and Machida ran circles around Rashad so...

[/b']

Rampage would have to get lucky to beat Machida in the stand up game.

dude thats called mma math it doesn't work out like that

I shall be the first to say Rampage is on the down slope of his career. He is not as active as he used to be. His toughness has diminished. His ferocity has diminished. His power has diminished. He has gotten lazy more so than he was before. Because if he had trained like a dedicated and motivated fighter, he would have beaten Wanderlei easily while in Pride. He would have beaten Forrest easily. He happens to be bless with good genes, otherwise he would not be able to compete in today's competition.

I shall be the first to say Rampage is on the down slope of his career. He is not as active as he used to be. His toughness has diminished. His ferocity has diminished. His power has diminished. He has gotten lazy more so than he was before. Because if he had trained like a dedicated and motivated fighter' date=' he would have beaten Wanderlei easily while in Pride. He would have beaten Forrest easily. He happens to be bless with good genes, otherwise he would not be able to compete in today's competition.[/quote']

i agree that he isnt fighting up to his potential

will he ever? who knows..he still has a chance, but he needs to do it NOW while he is still in the limelight.

He needs to leave the acting alone now until he makes a genuine title run

Rampage would have to get lucky to beat Machida in the stand up game.[/quote']

Against the Rampage you saw against Evans you are right..... then again if you are talking about the Rampage who fought Jardine or Chuck then you are very long. As the old timers will know I was saying long ago that Rampage would beat Machida (When Lyoto looked untouchable) I said time and again that Rampage would chase him down and all he had to do was land while having a good enough chin to take a good few shots. Well as we all know Rampage went to Hollywood and Rua came in and followed the game plan to a tee

Rampage is going to come in to his next fight with a VENGEANCE. After getting embarrassed by Rashad' date=' I am scared for whoever has to take on Rampage next.[/quote']

Ima huge Rampage Jackson fan, i think that when Rampage is 100% focused on beatin guys faces in instead of acting he is a huge threat to anyone, I like machida and rampage goin at it but it would be nice for rampage to avenge his loss to forest, either way someones gettin hurt standing across from a hungry motivated rampage.

Ima huge Rampage Jackson fan' date=' i think that when Rampage is 100% focused on beatin guys faces in instead of acting he is a huge threat to anyone, I like machida and rampage goin at it but it would be nice for rampage to avenge his loss to forest, either way someones gettin hurt standing across from a hungry motivated rampage.[/quote']

yeah i agree rampage is beast and if evans wasnt training with greg jackson i dont think he'd have won that fight, imo

I shall be the first to say Rampage is on the down slope of his career. He is not as active as he used to be. His toughness has diminished. His ferocity has diminished. His power has diminished. He has gotten lazy more so than he was before. Because if he had trained like a dedicated and motivated fighter' date=' he would have beaten Wanderlei easily while in Pride. He would have beaten Forrest easily. He happens to be bless with good genes, otherwise he would not be able to compete in today's competition.[/quote']

Rampage is only on a downward spiral because I think his heart is not in the fight game any more. He served his dues and made a bit of money. Fighting was a way out of poverty for him and his family and he took it. Fair play to him and if he retires and goes on to star in loads of films then very big respect to him and he goes with my blessing and the blessing of all his true fans who have been honoured to see him fight. I know he does not need our blessing but I know he is a man of the people. Now in saying that if Rampage wants to get back in the cage I would expect him to give 100% just for histories sake and so he is not known as the guy that lost to fighters like Evans and griffin etc

P.S No way White gives this fight to either fighter with both coming off poor performance losses one more loss would be damaging to their marketbility

yeah i would like to see him fight griffen as well.

And since the layoff Rampage would need another fight at least before fighting someone of Machidas caliber

Rampage shouldnt fight anymore if he isnt more aggressive' date=' his fighting style lends itself to being aggressive, if he isnt he will just get picked apart from the outside again and lose another decision.

[b']Rampage didnt even really fight Rashad until the third round and then it was too late, was the same thing Thiago Silva did.[/b]

If it was a street fight and Rampage was mad i believe he would ktfo Rashad and Forrest, but in the ring he isnt aggressive enough

+1 thats a good observation. But JP24 still owned you...lol

Would be good to see how he performs compared to Rashad' date='[/quote']

Wow, Adam.. haven't seen you in a while. Where ya been? :P

Anywho, I think Lyoto would destroy Rampage. It's just a very bad matchup for him.

Machida vs Shogun 3 may very will be a ground war...

I wouldn't want to be the next guy to face a pissed rampage. Losing to Rashad is the best thing that could have happened to Rampage. Now he will destroy who ever he faces next.

I wouldn't want to be the next guy to face a pissed rampage. Losing to Rashad is the best thing that could have happened to Rampage. Now he will destroy who ever he faces next.

maybe he can beat forrest and then get a rematch with rashad after Shogun whoops Rashad :cool:

Would be good to see how he performs compared to Rashad' date='[/quote']

YES and it should be as soon as UFC 120 in England give Rampage a chance to STAY in shape and then fight close to his gym, kinda screws Lyoto but i don't really like him anyway lols