Sign in to follow this  
WVU0507

Which is worse to die from?

If you had to pick one which would it be? Cancer or Aids?

Also before you go off thinking that this is an attempt to troll, please read through the thread. This is an attept to discuss something that happens everyday. Not in anyway put humor or make light of either of these horrible diseases.

depends what kind of cancer. i think cancer would be more painful

I agree, with all the chemo and everything else...I think Cancer is by far the worst possible way to go.

I agree' date=' with all the chemo and everything else...I think Cancer is by far the worst possible way to go.[/quote']

if it were testicular cancer or aids id def rather go down from aids

if it were testicular cancer or aids id def rather go down from aids

Testicular cancer they can just remove the testicals....You can still have sex, you're just not getting anyone pregnant....I was thinking more like brain cancer or stomach cancer

Testicular cancer they can just remove the testicals....You can still have sex' date=' you're just not getting anyone pregnant....I was thinking more like brain cancer or stomach cancer[/quote']

ya and i smoke alot so always have the lung cancer hanging over me. that would be nasty

ya and i smoke alot so always have the lung cancer hanging over me. that would be nasty

Yes it would. I had an uncle go from stomach cancer and it was a hard way to go

Im sorry do you want me to do one on Brock and Fedor?

Would that fit your forum life better?

Excuse me? No, I'm a well respected poster round here and it's offensive, fatuous threads like this that has driven so many of the best posters away from these forums. I mean really, what a ****ing absurd thing to start a thread about, what is to be gained from it except potential offense to people who have relatives (or have themselves) suffered from these diseases. No-one has any frame of comparison here so all it is is ridiculous speculation leading to no conclusion whatsoever.

Excuse me? No' date=' I'm a well respected poster round here and it's offensive, fatuous threads like this that has driven so many of the best posters away from these forums. I mean really, what a ****ing absurd thing to start a thread about, what is to be gained from it except potential offense to people who have relatives (or have themselves) suffered from these diseases. No-one has any frame of comparison here so all it is is ridiculous speculation leading to no conclusion whatsoever.[/quote']

What if I told you that I have cancer and that this is my way of dealing with it?

Dont assume that something is posted to try and intentionally be disrespectful, and respect on a forum basically means you are searching for something here you cant achieve in real life.

So in a couple words...**** You

What if I told you that I have cancer and that this is my way of dealing with it?

Dont assume that something is posted to try and intentionally be disrespectful' date=' and respect on a forum basically means you are searching for something here you cant achieve in real life.

So in a couple words...**** You[/quote']

Ironic that you have a go at me for making assumptions and then make a big one about me through some kind of pathetic amateur psychology. If you do have cancer, then I apologise, but it's fair, based on experience, to assume that it's someone making a thread and making the subject there-in a topic of trivial discussion, which would seem wholly inappropriate based on the subject matter.

Ironic that you have a go at me for making assumptions and then make a big one about me through some kind of pathetic amateur psychology. If you do have cancer' date=' then I apologise, but it's fair, based on experience, to assume that it's someone making a thread and making the subject there-in a topic of trivial discussion, which would seem wholly inappropriate based on the subject matter.[/quote']

Basically dont be a **** and I wont be one to you, Dont come on here though and start spouting off like you know my reason for posting something.

Basically dont be a **** and I wont be one to you' date=' Dont come on here though and start spouting off like you know my reason for posting something.[/quote']

Don't tell me what to do. I made a reasonably based assumption about this thread, and, based on the widely held opinion of the quality of this place's posting, am perfectly justified in making assumptions about motives. Maybe this is an anomaly. Maybe not. Fact is, like it or not, there are threads being started round here left, right and center purely for trolling purposes and/or are just made out of pure ignorance. I'm not saying this is true of you, but based on this place's track record, I'm justified in making that judgement.

Don't tell me what to do. I made a reasonably based assumption about this thread' date=' and, based on the widely held opinion of the quality of this place's posting, am perfectly justified in making assumptions about motives. Maybe this is an anomaly. Maybe not. Fact is, like it or not, there are threads being started round here left, right and center purely for trolling purposes and/or are just made out of pure ignorance. I'm not saying this is true of you, but based on this place's track record, I'm justified in making that judgement.[/quote']

So basically just because one person jumps off of a bridge, everyone jumps off a bridge right?

Look the last thing I want is to come on here and attention seek or get ****ing respect as a poster. This place just isnt that important to me.

So basically just because one person jumps off of a bridge' date=' everyone jumps off a bridge right?

Look the last thing I want is to come on here and attention seek or get ****ing respect as a poster. This place just isnt that important to me.[/quote']

No, but it makes a good base for assumption and generalizeability. That much is obvious. If this was created in as a way of dealing with personal issues, then fair play, but surely make it more obvious that this isn't some kind of thread made out of poor taste and the trivialising of very serious issues.

No' date=' but it makes a good base for assumption and generalizeability. That much is obvious. If this was created in as a way of dealing with personal issues, then fair play, but surely make it more obvious that this isn't some kind of thread made out of poor taste and the trivialising of very serious issues.[/quote']

Why would I put my life history out on a forum just so it can be more obvious to them. It's a simple question regarding two ways of dying. I'm not trying to be funny about it, I'm not demeaning anybody that has it. I'm simply asking for others opinion on what they feel is the worst way to go. If I would have put drowning or going in a fire you wouldnt have said ****. But since it's something that happens everyday, you assumed I was trying to be "cute" about it.

Why would I put my life history out on a forum just so it can be more obvious to them. It's a simple question regarding two ways of dying. I'm not trying to be funny about it' date=' I'm not demeaning anybody that has it. I'm simply asking for others opinion on what they feel is the worst way to go. If I would have put drowning or going in a fire you wouldnt have said ****. But since it's something that happens everyday, you assumed I was trying to be "cute" about it.[/quote']

But by having it in such a simplistic way, it seems to be understating something that has an immense personal toll on both the individuals and the families for extensive periods of time. Drowning and burning is different, because it's not prolonged pain and sufferring. Its simplicity leads to the appearance of triviality and nonchalance, as though it's a casual topic of conversation, which it's not, and that appearance can lead to offense.

But by having it in such a simplistic way' date=' it seems to be understating something that has an immense personal toll on both the individuals and the families for extensive periods of time. Drowning and burning is different, because it's not prolonged pain and sufferring. Its simplicity leads to the appearance of triviality and nonchalance, as though it's a casual topic of conversation, which it's not, and that appearance can lead to offense.[/quote']

So one death is harder than another? I have had family die of cancer and I've had family go instantaniously in car wrecks. They both hit the same when they happened. There was no change in feelings for me. If anything it was easier dealing with the ones that I knew were going to die, than dealing with the ones I didn't know.

So one death is harder than another? I have had family die of cancer and I've had family go instantaniously in car wrecks. They both hit the same when they happened. There was no change in feelings for me. If anything it was easier dealing with the ones that I knew were going to die' date=' than dealing with the ones I didn't know.[/quote']

Fair point, but the sufferring of cancer or AIDS can lead to prolonged physical pain for the sufferer and emotional and mental anguish for the close relatives who have to provide continuous support and love with the gut-wrenching uncertainty as to whether they will survive or not. It's a much touchier subject and one more likely to cause offence. That is indisputable.

Fair point' date=' but the sufferring of cancer or AIDS can lead to prolonged physical pain for the sufferer and emotional and mental anguish for the close relatives who have to provide continuous support and love with the gut-wrenching uncertainty as to whether they will survive or not. It's a much touchier subject and one more likely to cause offence. [b']That is indisputable[/b].

Nothing is indisputable.

Fair point' date=' but the sufferring of cancer or AIDS can lead to prolonged physical pain for the sufferer and emotional and mental anguish for the close relatives who have to provide continuous support and love with the gut-wrenching uncertainty as to whether they will survive or not. It's a much touchier subject and one more likely to cause offence. That is indisputable.[/quote']

I agree that it's a sensitive topic. But should people really not talk about it just because it's sensitive? It's kind of taking a cowards approach if we say that we should never discuss "life matters" because society deems them sensitive.

I agree that it's a sensitive topic. But should people really not talk about it just because it's sensitive? It's kind of taking a cowards approach if we say that we should never discuss "life matters" because society deems them sensitive.

Not in such a fashion that appears trivial, no. Some sensitivity around phrasing perhaps. Anyway, let's draw a conclusion to this debate because we're not really getting anywhere. Apologies if the thread was made with genuine motives, but as I say, perhaps if it is made in a fashion where it is more apparent that you want to have a genuine discussion about life issues as opposed to a trivial chat, there'd be less room for conflict.

Not in such a fashion that appears trivial' date=' no. Some sensitivity around phrasing perhaps. Anyway, let's draw a conclusion to this debate because we're not really getting anywhere. Apologies if the thread was made with genuine motives, but as I say, perhaps if it is made in a fashion where it is more apparent that you want to have a genuine discussion about life issues as opposed to a trivial chat, there'd be less room for conflict.[/quote']

Alright. apology accepted.

Technically AIDS doesn't kill you. It wrecks your immune system then you die from something else...

Right, it's usually Pneumonia but at the same time it's the Aids that caused it.

I agree' date=' with all the chemo and everything else...I think Cancer is by far the worst possible way to go.[/quote']

burning alive.....or drowning

Well cancer is such a vague term as there are many types. Aids pretty much kills your immune system so your open to all kinds of things. Either or the last stages are pretty horrible for both.