Sign in to follow this  
MachidaPwned

So now that Rashad is all speed and laynpray

Have you seen Machida's TDD?

Plus he trains with some of the best submission artists in the game in the Nogs.

I just think he's an all around bad match-up for Machida.

wtf?

Anyways' date=' Rashad was doing striking game plan first time. His wrestling might be a diff. story.[/quote']

I agree, the rashad evans now although he isnt knockin guys out his gameplan is smarter which is to push the pace and where down his opponents with takedowns and up against the cage till its over ill take evans over machida anyday now...

are u kidding me machidas TDD is the best at lhw and he has very good bjj just cuz #1 lhw beat him doesnt mean hes gunna lose to evans or anyone else for that matter. i bet evans gets knocked out by shogun and machida v shogun 3 will happen.

I highly doubt that Machida will be beaten for a while. He now knows what defeat tastes like because he changed his gameplan to a more offensive style and payed the price. Machida's defense is what made him champ, and what will make him champ again. Rashad will have a hell of a time takeing him down, and when he gets there, he will have a hard time keeping him there, considering Thiago Silva was able to get up, and Machida's BJJ is levels above his. Machida would win again.

machida is to much for the evans. evans gets rocked everytime he fights now. machida will finish him again. machida is ridiculous on the ground. theres no way evans can get close to him to try and take him down. hes gonna eat a combination everytime. if he could take a hit like shogun then it would be a different story. but nah evans would get mopped again if they fight.

I didn"t think about that. I bet Rashad could beat Machida. His monkey dancing might actually be based off of an old style where the exercises help him keep a mobile and flexible contender. Just out of curiousity, is anyone out there familiar with the style that he does?

lmao.. it's crazy how fast opinions change.

Thank you... +1000...I swear everytime someone gets knocked out, all of a sudden they have a glass jaw. Uhhhh news flash people.......!!! if anyone gets hit clean and hard in the right part of the jaw, YOUR GOING TO SLEEP! I dont care who you are...you can say but this guys been hit, and thats guys been hit and didnt get KO'd....NO! You didnt take the hit so you dont know, but obviously it wasnt a clean hit, at the proper power, in the exact location it needs to be. Theres lots of places on a persons jaw that can take some force but the window for KO is small believe it or not. Thats why KO's are hard....its like hitting a baseball on the sweet spot of the bat to get a home run. You can use the same force as you used if you hit a homerun before, but if you dont catch it at that exact moment at the exact spot, its not a homerun, and the punch will not be a knockout. With that said, the whole thing about the glass jaw is just trivial. People just get caught thats all it is. Chuck doesnt have a glass jaw either...he's just way to sloppy now, and like Rich said he just over commited way to much and left him with the opening.

lmao.. it's crazy how fast opinions change.

I was actually being sarcastic....being as he has as many losses as well as being knocked out as many times as Rashad ....yet too many people are saying that Rashad has a glass jaw......I certainly do not think Machida has a glass jaw....I was really hoping someone would have been able to pick that up.

Rashad couldn't touch Machida before and wouldn't be able to now. And even if your retarded enough to think Machida has a glass jaw why would you even bring it up when your talking about Rashad Evans who has been dropped in his last three fights.

Rashad couldn't touch Machida before and wouldn't be able to now. And even if your retarded enough to think Machida has a glass jaw why would you even bring it up when your talking about Rashad Evans who has been dropped in his last three fights.

like I said he had only lost once and only been knocked out once.....close is for horseshoes and hand grenades.....if you wanna say that he has a glass jaw then you have to say that Machida does as well.....Rashad was dropped but he recovered and won both fights. I do think that he gets rocked easily and I do think that that there are others with much stronger chins than his.....but Glass Jaw is going too far

Did someone just glorify Machida's BJJ by stating that he trains with the Nogs? Are we serious? Since when are the Noguerra's known for BJJ? Yeah, I'm sure they have good BJJ, but they aren't touted as world-class BJJ teachers, and they are far from the tops in the world in BJJ!

Machida hasn't showed enough of his BJJ for anyone to say that he's anything better than average right now!

like I said he had only lost once and only been knocked out once.....close is for horseshoes and hand grenades.....if you wanna say that he has a glass jaw then you have to say that Machida does as well.....Rashad was dropped but he recovered and won both fights. I do think that he gets rocked easily and I do think that that there are others with much stronger chins than his.....but Glass Jaw is going too far

Except if you watched the fights Rashad recovering was due to the inability of Rampage/Thiago to capitalize not the "strength" of Rashad's chin. The guy's chin is extremely suspect.

Did someone just glorify Machida's BJJ by stating that he trains with the Nogs? Are we serious? Since when are the Noguerra's known for BJJ? Yeah' date=' I'm sure they have good BJJ, but they aren't touted as world-class BJJ teachers, and they are far from the tops in the world in BJJ!

Machida hasn't showed enough of his BJJ for anyone to say that he's anything better than average right now![/quote']

Yeah Big Nog's bjj sucks!!! Are you serious kid? Gtfo of here.

I didn"t think about that. I bet Rashad could beat Machida. His monkey dancing might actually be based off of an old style where the exercises help him keep a mobile and flexible contender. Just out of curiousity' date=' is anyone out there familiar with the style that he does?[/quote']

Did someone just glorify Machida's BJJ by stating that he trains with the Nogs? Are we serious? Since when are the Noguerra's known for BJJ? Yeah' date=' I'm sure they have good BJJ, but they aren't touted as world-class BJJ teachers, and they are far from the tops in the world in BJJ!

Machida hasn't showed enough of his BJJ for anyone to say that he's anything better than average right now![/quote']

Uh you are wrong 100% The Nogueira's are legendary in submission.

http://s78720.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Phil_MMA_WORLDWIDE.gif

He might actually be able to beat Machida this time around.

I really don't know about that... Machida's takedown defense is sterling... Only way Shogun got on him is because of him rocking the heck out of him before going there.

I was actually being sarcastic....being as he has as many losses as well as being knocked out as many times as Rashad ....yet too many people are saying that Rashad has a glass jaw......I certainly do not think Machida has a glass jaw....I was really hoping someone would have been able to pick that up.

Fair enough. My comment wasn't directed entirely at you anyways. I know I quoted you, but It was more of a comment for the recent trend I have seen where a fighter loses one fight and everyone thinks he's garbage.

I didn't pick up on the sarcasm because there wasn't much to go on. I understand what your saying, that if your going to say Rashad has a glass jaw, you have to include Machida. I disagree though, because I've seen Rashad wobbled quite a few times and never seen Machida in trouble until he was knocked out. He took some serious shots in the First Shogun fight and wasn't really phased.

uhh no,he wont be able to take machida down

This is so stupid that it has to be some sort of misguided trolling attempt. If its not then, damn I'm speechless.

No one has ever taken Machida down.

And he'd have to exchange to actually set up the shot.

Not very likely.

I'm really hoping your trying to be funny....but I have a sinking feeling you are actually serious.

It might be a good idea to know what you are talking about before actually speaking....

Rua is a better match-up for Rashad than Machida is IMHO

Actually Rashad is tougher for Shogun to beat as well...

Just about Shogun's only current weakness is his TD defence.

Rashad's best area is his takedowns.

Sure Rashad has to avoid gettong KTFO coming in and also Rua's sick BJJ once on top - but the odds are that he's going to put Rua on his back a lot if the fight lasts any time at all.

Rashad has some chance against Rua. He has very little against Lyoto (whose Sumo based TDD is sick frankly)..

Doubt it considering machida has something like an 86% success rate in takedown defense. in other words 1 out of 10 takedown attempts succeed against him. And i think machida is one of the few LHW's thats at least as quick if not quicker than rashad

Well thats a nice % but lets look at how many wrestlers Lyoto has fought

1. A faded Tito in his mid 30's still complaining today about injuires

2. A Rashad that wanted to play the striking game after his head expanded with a Liddel KO.

Didnt realize that not fighting westlers nullifies the legitimacy of someones takedown percentage (tito doesn' count?). He's had more than enough TD defenses to demonstrate its not a joke.

88% is good, bottom line.

Well thats a nice % but lets look at how many wrestlers Lyoto has fought

1. A faded Tito in his mid 30's still complaining today about injuires

2. A Rashad that wanted to play the striking game after his head expanded with a Liddel KO.

+1