wtf was herb dean going on about?

Vendur

he didnt screw up the fight. he did his job

ignore the point deduction' date=' jardine lost anyways[/quote']

The hell he didn't. Jardine was easily winning that round but after the point deduction he started brawling with Hamill to try to finish it,

yeah...why would he "have to" really he should have not done anything because it was just like an accidental headbutt' date=' noone was at fault

Maybe herb was paid off to make jardine lose[/quote']

This. The figure poke was unintentional and Matt recovered rather quickly. Should ov took a point of when ***** boy kicked spencer in the nuts.

jardine was getting killed in the second round. if it wasnt for that illegal poke, and spitting out his mouthpiece, that fight probably would have been finished

as for the third round, he done nothing but bleed everywhere and proceed to spit out his mouthpiece again when he was in trouble.

if anything it should have been 29-26. you don't win rounds by stalling the fight because your face is caved in

if he starts brawling wrecklessly instead of sticking with his gameplan because the referee deducts a point from an illegal strike, then that is his own damn fault. he obviously did not do enough to win the third round, and he got his **** handed to him in the second. jardine lost that fight, point deduction or not.

It was a rare bad call by Herbert....I heard him say he had to take a point because it caused damage......that makes no sense' date=' at least to my knowledge.

Let it go....Herb is near flawless.[/quote']

Uhhh, no. I remember his BS point deduction on marquart, too. Tanks to him we got to watch the total garbage match otherwise known as leites and silva playing ring around the rosy for half an hour.

jardine was getting killed in the second round. if it wasnt for that illegal poke' date=' and spitting out his mouthpiece, that fight probably would have been finished

as for the third round, he done nothing but bleed everywhere and proceed to spit out his mouthpiece again when he was in trouble.

if anything it should have been 29-26. you don't win rounds by stalling the fight because your face is caved in

if he starts brawling wrecklessly instead of sticking with his gameplan because the referee deducts a point from an illegal strike, then that is his own damn fault.[/quote']

Go back to the AOL chatroom your crawled out of.

awww you mad because your boy lost the fight

last i checked, eye pokes and gauges are fouls. Whether the referee deducts a point or not is up to them. It was good to take a point away, as that was a blatantly obvious poke, and it saved him from getting knocked out

but whatever, the poke never made a difference in the fight anyways so what is there to argue? good for herb dean for noticing the illegal strike anyways, while grabbing the mouthpiece that jardine would spit out every time he was rocked and in trouble

if anything, i'm surprised they didn't call off the fight. The gash on jardine's face was looking like a goats ******.

awww you mad because your boy lost the fight

last i checked' date=' eye pokes and gauges are fouls. Whether the referee deducts a point or not is up to them. It was good to take a point away, as that was a blatantly obvious poke, and it saved him from getting knocked out

but whatever, the poke never made a difference in the fight anyways so what is there to argue? good for herb dean for noticing the illegal strike anyways, while grabbing the mouthpiece that jardine would spit out every time he was rocked and in trouble[/quote']

Baby talk with a baby picture. How old r you?

Uhhh' date=' no. I remember his BS point deduction on marquart, too. Tanks to him we got to watch the total garbage match otherwise known as leites and silva playing ring around the rosy for half an hour.[/quote']

The point deduction meant nothing in that fight son....Anderson pounded him out. It had nothing to do with the Leites fight. Are you drunk?

hey man, im not the one starting ridiculous topics. what more out of the discussion do you expect?

so you don't like the fact that a referee takes a point away after a foul shot when a fighter is about to finish the fight? big freaking deal

what else is the point of this? i'm just saying, herb is a great official and he always calls it fair. if he had a reason to call off a point, it is obviously for good reason. the guys been around. i'm sure his opinion holds alot more weight then some random ******* sitting behind a computer screen doing nothing but criticising

but whatever, ill let you guys get back to your little baby squabbles, i was just telling it how it is but for some people it's just too hard to accept the fact that jardine got his **** handed to him. maybe it would be better to go to tito for a list of excuses rather than 'Herb Dean cost Jardine the fight because Jardine landed a cheap shot and didn't stick with his gameplan after that'

notice how ridiculous that sounds? yeah thats the point you guys are trying to make. sad

The point deduction meant nothing in that fight son....Anderson pounded him out. It had nothing to do with the Leites fight. Are you drunk?

Are you really that god damn stupid? You didn't know Marquardt and Leites fought for a title fight with Silva? If everyone in this forum terminally stupid? and 7k posts? maybe you should stop posting and actually start watching the UFC.

Are you really that god damn stupid? You didn't know Marquardt and Leites fought for a title fight with Silva? If everyone in this forum terminally stupid? and 7k posts? maybe you should stop posting and actually start watching the UFC.

My bad, for sure. But you're whining about a call Dean made that cost Nate a win over Leites and another shot at Silva....he got ruined by Silva two fights earlier. Like he deserved another title shot anyway. And besides, the fight would have been a draw probably anyway. Marquardt had two taken away that fight - one for a knee to a downed opponent, which was legit, and later for punching the back of his head.

I've forgotten more about the UFC than you've ever watched lad, take it easy.

but hey at least those points potentially cost nate that fight but whatever. Same with tito and rashad but nobody ever complained about that. gee i wonder why

the call tonight had no effect on the fight tonight, but still some people are compelled to want to cry more over it., like it was actually herb dean's fault that jardine got owned.

but hey at least those points potentially cost nate that fight but whatever. Same with tito and rashad but nobody ever complained about that. gee i wonder why

the call tonight had no effect on the fight tonight' date=' but still some people are compelled to want to cry more over it., like it was actually herb dean's fault that jardine got owned.[/quote']

this makes sense

they should have deducted another point off of jardine. aparently he was making racist remarks about matt hammill's mother, but matt couldn't hear it. apparently neither could anybody else. they were too busy moaning and whining over an illegal strike while jardine was getting torn apart.

He said he "had to" give Jardine a point off? What rules was he reading? How to screw up an otherwise good fight rule booklet?

If you keep B*tching, they may go back & change the decision. It doesn't matter about the point. Jardine took rd 1. Matt clearly got rd 2. Matt got rd 3 which consisted of another takedown. Just like Edgar & Penn. I thought that fight was a draw until Edgar took BJ down.That is automatic score. So point or no point being deducted,,,, Jardine lost. And I didn't really care who won that fight. I'm just calling it like I seen it.

First..it was a bullshyt call to take a point. I' have watched every ufc and have seen way worse fouls get off without even a warning. Its usually just a "watch your fingers" from the ref.

Second Just because the call doesn't seem to have had an effect on the outcome of the fight does not make the call any less stupid. A dumb decision is a dumb decision

Lastly the point deduction must have weighed HUGE on Jardine's mind and taking him out of his game, therefore changing the outcome of the rest of the fight.

In conclusion i cannot say if the point deduction made Jardine lose but I can say this..

Who really gives a shyt? Neither one will ever be top 5.

i thought it was a fair point deduction and also believe Jardine would have lost regardless. Jardine's thumb caused a cut under the eye of Hamill which could have been potentially worse than it actually was. No, neither are going to ever be top five, but those who complain about the point deduction fear it may be Jardines' last fight inside the Octagon. I don't know what other expectations anybody could have for Jardine to be so upset.

jardine was getting killed in the second round. if it wasnt for that illegal poke' date=' and spitting out his mouthpiece, that fight probably would have been finished

if he starts brawling wrecklessly instead of sticking with his gameplan because the referee deducts a point from an illegal strike, then that is his own damn fault. he obviously did not do enough to win the third round, and he got his **** handed to him in the second. jardine lost that fight, point deduction or not.[/quote']

sigh.. people are retarded. there. was. no. illegal. poke. The corner of Jardines glove caught Hamils eye. You can see it very clearly in the replay they showed. The replay shows two punches. a right then a left. The right lands right on Hamiles eye and cheek. The pinky side corner right in the eye. Then jardine throws a left. which pretty much missed and ended with an open hand that didn't even touch Hamil's face. And if the depth perception is hard to read and it did touch his face, no fingers of thumbs went anywhere near Hamil's eye. Watch the replay. it was a bogus call. Dude got poked by the corner/edge of the fingerless glove. Which is not illegal.

Then to top it off, refs never take a point for accidental eye pokes. It happens constantly in matches without point deductions. Hell, I've seen it happen where the fighter had eye surgery after the match and a point still wasn't taken.

i knew this was going to happen

everybody calls out Mazzagati about bad calls and lavigne too and always praises Herb

I knew that if Herb made a single mistake there waas going to be a big deal

Nobodys perfect and every ref is bound to make a mistake sometime! It just so happens that it was herb dean this time around!

Its no big deal really everybody makes mistakes

so what if Herb made one bad call it DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!

if he starts brawling wrecklessly instead of sticking with his gameplan because the referee deducts a point from an illegal strike, then that is his own damn fault. he obviously did not do enough to win the third round, and he got his **** handed to him in the second. jardine lost that fight, point deduction or not.[/quote']

no words to describe how retarded this post is.

If any of you guys would have listened, Herb Dean said he had to take a point because the accidental poke drew blood. And yes, it's in the rule book. So technically no, Herb didn't make a mistake. Good call. and like a few others have said that point deduction didn't mean anything. Jardine still would have lost.

I think the call was fair, i don't see how you can get mad at Herb for that. You can never really know how a fighter is effected by an illegal shot, maybe he was totally fine, but maybe he was really hurt and can't fight the same for the rest of the match.

From Hamill's reaction he appeared to be really hurt, and when you have to make a call on the spot, with no replay, you gotta put the blame on the one who threw it even when it is clearly by accident.

I still thought the fight was very good, and props to Jardine for trying to turn up the heat and make the point up instead of complaining about it.

If any of you guys would have listened' date=' Herb Dean said he had to take a point because the accidental poke drew blood. And yes, it's in the rule book. So technically no, Herb didn't make a mistake. Good call. and like a few others have said that point deduction didn't mean anything. Jardine still would have lost.[/quote']

holy mother of god. i thought i was the only person who watched that fight. this guy is on the ball.

I didn't know there was anything in the rulebook claiming a fighter has to get fouled an X amount of times before the referee is allowed to deduct a point.

so something happened and it caught him in the eye. they took a point away, big friggin deal. it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. Point deduction or not, it's not like Jardine didn't know he lost that second round. Every fighter knows when they are down a round, go for broke in the third. Maybe Jardine should have tried that, rather than coming out with his chimpanzee approach while covering the caved in part of his skull.

i know denial can be harsh people, but whether you want to admit it or not that poke really wasn't that significant in the fight. Be quick to point the finger at whatever else you would like to take your blame off to ignore the fact that it is actually the fighters fault for losing the fight.

ahh forget it. i may as well jump aboard the wagon and agree with some of you fools.. Jardine would have won that fight had he not have landed a foul. Hell, Chuck Liddell would have submitted Rich Franklin with a Peruvian Necktie had he not have gotten knocked out

It was a rare bad call by Herbert....I heard him say he had to take a point because it caused damage......that makes no sense' date=' at least to my knowledge.

True. Give the guy a break. Go watch Mazzaggatti then you'll see what bad refing is.

holy mother of god. I thought i was the only person who watched that fight. This guy is on the ball.

I didn't know there was anything in the rulebook claiming a fighter has to get fouled an x amount of times before the referee is allowed to deduct a point.

So something happened and it caught him in the eye. They took a point away' date=' big friggin deal. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. Point deduction or not, it's not like jardine didn't know he lost that second round. Every fighter knows when they are down a round, go for broke in the third. Maybe jardine should have tried that, rather than coming out with his chimpanzee approach while covering the caved in part of his skull.

I know denial can be harsh people, but whether you want to admit it or not that poke really wasn't that significant in the fight. Be quick to point the finger at whatever else you would like to take your blame off to ignore the fact that it is actually the fighters fault for losing the fight.

Ahh forget it. I may as well jump aboard the wagon and agree with some of you fools.. Jardine would have won that fight had he not have landed a foul. [b']hell, chuck liddell would have submitted rich franklin with a peruvian necktie had he not have gotten knocked out[/b]

lmfao

The hell he didn't. Jardine was easily winning that round but after the point deduction he started brawling with Hamill to try to finish it' date='[/quote']

I don't think you can ignore this! This very much changed the pace of Jardine's attack and imho cost him some points for sure. He got into a brawl which is not where Jardine has been shining as of late.

Because before the eye poke, Hamill had Jardine rocked. After the eye poke Hamill had lost momentum to finish the fight. Thats why he was docked a point.

If Jardine wasnt up against the corner geting rocked then he prolly wouldnt have docked a point. The eye poke saved Jardine from gettin knocked out.

holy mother of god. i thought i was the only person who watched that fight. this guy is on the ball.

I didn't know there was anything in the rulebook claiming a fighter has to get fouled an X amount of times before the referee is allowed to deduct a point.

so something happened and it caught him in the eye. they took a point away' date=' big friggin deal. it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the fight. Point deduction or not, it's not like Jardine didn't know he lost that second round. Every fighter knows when they are down a round, go for broke in the third. Maybe Jardine should have tried that, rather than coming out with his chimpanzee approach while covering the caved in part of his skull.

i know denial can be harsh people, but whether you want to admit it or not that poke really wasn't that significant in the fight. Be quick to point the finger at whatever else you would like to take your blame off to ignore the fact that it is actually the fighters fault for losing the fight.

ahh forget it. i may as well jump aboard the wagon and agree with some of you fools.. Jardine would have won that fight had he not have landed a foul. Hell, Chuck Liddell would have submitted Rich Franklin with a Peruvian Necktie had he not have gotten knocked out[/quote']

idrankyourbeer is absolutely correct

the call tonight had no effect on the fight tonight' date=' but still some people are compelled to want to cry more over it., like it was actually herb dean's fault that jardine got owned.[/quote']

Lots of people complained about that. I complained about that. That was a BS call and it cost him the fight. If that was Dean too then i am starting to see a pattern.

It might be time to take a look at Deans bank account records and see if any suspicious deposits were made around fight time.

Thanks to Joben for informing me of the ruling' date=' I was unaware that a point had to be deducted if an eye poke drew blood.

About the only thing worthwhile about this entire thread sadly.[/quote']

I'd like to see him reference that with an actual source. Not to say it isn't true, but I don't think it says that.

I'd like to see him reference that with an actual source. Not to say it isn't true' date=' but I don't think it says that.[/quote']

it's been a while since i've read the rule book, but trust me it's in there. If you need to know so bad look it up yourself. Plus Herb Dean said it during the figt if anyone other than me and idrankyourbeer were listening...

Here's the thing that irritated me' date=' Herb didn't see the eye gouge because he was busy picking a mouth guard up off of the mat. So yes it was a bad call. He didn't say anything until Matt was pointed at his eye.[/quote']

No, it's not a bad call. Herb Dean is so good he doesn't need to see what happened to make a call on it! :cool:

it's been a while since i've read the rule book' date=' but trust me it's in there. If you need to know so bad look it up yourself. Plus Herb Dean said it during the figt if anyone other than me and idrankyourbeer were listening...[/b']

No, it's not a bad call. Herb Dean is so good he doesn't need to see what happened to make a call on it! :cool:

I tried and couldn't find a single thing. If you would tell me where to look that would help, but I don't see anything about drawing blood in the Unified Rules For Mixed Martial Arts which is what the UFC uses.

it's been a while since i've read the rule book' date=' but trust me it's in there. If you need to know so bad look it up yourself. Plus Herb Dean said it during the figt if anyone other than me and idrankyourbeer were listening...

:[/quote']

Uhh, it's not in the unified rules. I knew you were just a lying 10 year old.

its the right call.. You kick someone in the groin but they act like nothing happened..... well nothing is going to happen. You kick him so hard that he goes down... well chances are a point is coming off if it happens again.

Look at DQ's... You poke someone in the eye and the guy is fine nothing might happen... You poke him in the eye and he cant see.... Well you get dq'd.

Hamils eye was bleeding from Jardines thumb ( TUCK YOUR FUKEN THUMB IN )... what was he suppose to do.... "Hey uh dont like do that any more, the guys eye was bleeding from your illegal strike"

Point off was valid..

its the right call.. You kick someone in the groin but they act like nothing happened..... well nothing is going to happen. You kick him so hard that he goes down... well chances are a point is coming off if it happens again.

Look at DQ's... You poke someone in the eye and the guy is fine nothing might happen... You poke him in the eye and he cant see.... Well you get dq'd.

Hamils eye was bleeding from Jardines thumb ( TUCK YOUR FUKEN THUMB IN )... what was he suppose to do.... "Hey uh dont like do that any more' date=' the guys eye was bleeding from your illegal strike"

Point off was valid..[/quote']

as a ref you still have to see it to call it

Archived