Randy Couture is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time not Fedor

CarlLane

it's not just about records and here is why, if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the bar and show how you're really suppose to promote fights? if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19604/strikeforces-fedor-emelianenko-im-not-a-fan-of-the-ufc.mma

Fedor making that statement was a business decision. He is trying to get people to agree with him and start to dislike the ufc so his organization can become more popular. Its not going to work but you cant tell me that you believe he takes no interest in what goes on in the UFC. If he didnt he wouldnt have even talked with them in the first place when it came to contract negotiations.

it's not just about records and here is why' date=' if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the var and show how you're really suppose to promote fights? if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19604/strikeforces-fedor-emelianenko-im-not-a-fan-of-the-ufc.mma[/quote']

Doom, this is retarded.....even for you. Couture is 18-10. GTFOutta here......The Natural got tapped by Valentijn Overeem (the even worse Overeem) and Enson Inoue.....Fedor has never lost. Couture is at the bottom end of the Top 10 GOAT....some might say he's not even in that 10. You're on glue dude.

Fedor is fighting a Top 10 HW in one week you scrub. Learn MMA.

it's not just about records and here is why' date=' if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the var and show how you're really suppose to promote fights? if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

[/quote']

Apparently Fedor was saying he doesn't like the media hype, TUF and the "reality-tv" feel that UFC brings to the table. He is all about the respect between fighters. Basically, fight, and go home. No talking **** on the cameras, "I'm gonna knock him out." Honestly, I love everything the UFC has done and is doing. At the same time, I'm also sick of hearing "I'm gonna knock him out" on the black 'n white interviews before the fights. That is played out IMO. UFCs promos overall allow you to know the fighters, which is better to get people to watch. Fedor himself is a damn joke in terms of who he fights. I can agree with the fact that Randy always steps up to fight anybody. However, in comparison between the two, Fedor is the better fighter. However, I can't stand Fedor and his "we're a 1 fighter promotion" management team that is yanking Strikeforce around like a rag doll in order to protect his record.

Better fighter = Fedor. Bigger p*ssy = Fedor. Bottom line, eff Fedor.

Apparently Fedor was saying he doesn't like the media hype' date=' TUF and the "reality-tv" feel that UFC brings to the table. He is all about the respect between fighters. Basically, fight, and go home. No talking **** on the cameras, "I'm gonna knock him out." Honestly, I love everything the UFC has done and is doing. At the same time, I'm also sick of hearing "I'm gonna knock him out" on the black 'n white interviews before the fights. That is played out IMO. UFCs promos overall allow you to know the fighters, which is better to get people to watch. Fedor himself is a damn joke in terms of who he fights. I can agree with the fact that Randy always steps up to fight anybody. However, in comparison between the two, Fedor is the better fighter. However, I can't stand Fedor and his "we're a 1 fighter promotion" management team that is yanking Strikeforce around like a rag doll in order to protect his record.

Better fighter = Fedor. Bigger p*ssy = Fedor. Bottom line, eff Fedor.[/quote']

Some good points at the beginning....then you go noob.....Tell me one fighter Couture has beat that was more of a challenge than prime Nogueira or Cro Cop?

Randy got owned by a beat up Nogueira.....

Couture decisioned Sylvia. Fedor tapped him out in 36 seconds.

Fedor a p*ssy....GTFO........

Werdum is a Top 10 HW son.....you need to wake up.

Doom' date=' this is retarded.....even for you. Couture is 18-10. GTFOutta here......The Natural got tapped by Valentijn Overeem (the even worse Overeem) and Enson Inoue.....Fedor has never lost. Couture is at the bottom end of the Top 10 GOAT....some might say he's not even in that 10. You're on glue dude.

Fedor is fighting a Top 10 HW in one week you scrub. Learn MMA.[/quote']

Really!?!? Fedor is fighting a top 10. Well that "top 10 guy" your talking about got KO'd by the 4th ranked contender in the UFC's HW division.Thanks

it's not just about records and here is why' date=' if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, [b']well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the var and show how you're really suppose to promote fights?[/b] if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19604/strikeforces-fedor-emelianenko-im-not-a-fan-of-the-ufc.mma

i dont understand, how would he raise the bar by showing them how to promote fights? fighters dont control how the fights are promoted, the management and directors do

i dont understand' date=' how would he raise the bar by showing them how to promote fights? fighters dont control how the fights are promoted, the management and directors do[/quote']

Well,kinda but look at what Chael Sonnen is doing with his upcoming fight wish Silva.

There is alot of people wanting to see this fight now because Sonnen is running his mouth.

Sonnen 3rd round TKO!

i agree, couture is a true champion comes out of retirement and wins the hw belt has won the Lhw belt which is easily the toughest division and is old fedor wont fight as long as him and he fights cans like werdum and rogers **** what sherdog says werdum aint in the top 10 couture beaten vitor belfort twice IMO would beat fedor.9mm the glue master dont upset him or he'll say you're on glue haha.

please don't insult MMA. Couture is a great athlete, a great exeption, and he IS a legend but not in MMA.... in the UFC yes.. the UFC is great just in the last 5-6 years.... Couture was the best wehen the best mma athletes were in Japan... nogueira was half a dead men when he fought Couture...

if we want to list the legends in MMA than look at the numbers.... Sakuraba, Crocop, nogueira, every of those fighters have more than 70 fights.... always on the top... and fedor of course, but his last two years ara a joke.... he is avoiding fights....

i'm not saying that they are the best, they are just an example.... couture fought 28 times and just in the ufc...

silvia is a joke of a fighter....

Randy Couture may be the most respected, the most loved, and have the biggest heart in MMA history, but to suggest he's the greatest fighter of all time is rather stupid. Hand to the sky, he's not even in the top 10 best ever, it's just he has so damn much determination and drive he manages to stay relevant long after someone his age should have retired by. I take nothing away from Randy's career, and he deserves all the praise and accolades he's received - but it has more to do with who Randy Couture is as a man than how technically good he ever was.

Fedor is the greatest fighter to ever put on a pair of 4 ounce gloves.

Doom' date=' this is retarded.....even for you. Couture is 18-10. GTFOutta here......The Natural got tapped by Valentijn Overeem (the even worse Overeem) and Enson Inoue.....Fedor has never lost. Couture is at the bottom end of the Top 10 GOAT....some might say he's not even in that 10. You're on glue dude.

Fedor is fighting a Top 10 HW in one week you scrub. Learn MMA.[/quote']

fan boy response, try and have an objective view for once you moron

i dont understand' date=' how would he raise the bar by showing them how to promote fights? fighters dont control how the fights are promoted, the management and directors do[/quote']

that's not true you can promote fights as a fighter by what you say during interviews

... its very difficult to think of any fighter w/ 5 (t)ko losses as a champion

Doom' date=' its not like you to troll, > has someone hi-jacked your ****** ? .. (they edited weeenie :confused:)[/quote']

c'mon why the F doesn't Fedor want to freaking test himself? does he feel he's too old or something and it'd be a bad business deal??? remember I LIKE FEDOR!

c'mon why the F doesn't Fedor want to freaking test himself? does he feel he's too old or something and it'd be a bad business deal??? remember I LIKE FEDOR!

No you don't. You've trolled him since I first saw you.

He's fighting Werdum, a man who has more credible wins than anyone in the UFC.....do you even watch MMA?

it's not just about records and here is why' date=' if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the bar and show how you're really suppose to promote fights? if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19604/strikeforces-fedor-emelianenko-im-not-a-fan-of-the-ufc.mma[/quote']

lol, why dont you brock fans just accept that fedor is on a whole different level then brock?

why is randy REALLY the best ever, because he trains with brock now?

GTFOutta here

sylvia, arlovski & rogers (both tested emp) .. next will be >

werdum, overeem, barnett imo

couture > sylvia, gonzaga, lesnar, rodrigo, vera, coleman, toney & ?

Yeah' date=' because claiming Couture is the greatest of alltime is objective.....get real Doom.[/quote']

i can claim whatever i want, i never attacked you with any of it all you do is attack people if they have anything negative to say about your fighters, it's ridiculous

sylvia' date=' arlovski & rogers (both tested emp) .. next will be >

werdum, overeem, barnett imo

couture > sylvia, gonzaga, lesnar, rodrigo, vera, coleman, toney & ?[/quote']

so Overeem and Werdum are better then Lesnar Carwin Velasquez Dos Santos? and Couture never beat Lesnar bud nice try slipping that in :P

it's not just about records and here is why' date=' if you click the link below you will see an interview where Fedor goes on about how he is "not a fan of the UFC" or it's product, well i challenge you to ask yourself this question, if you feel something promotes fights in a negative way why wouldn't you want to join them to raise the bar and show how you're really suppose to promote fights? if you are the greatest of all time? Why not challenge yourself Fedor against what many believe to be creme of the crop HWs that the UFC has to offer? Randy Couture will go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time not Fedor, YES Fedor's record is sexy, YES he has great comeback skills and has had some incredible wars! However Randy has ALWAYS challenged himself in the sport, it is obvious though some i'm sure will argue that Fedor has no desire to do so...

All I have to say is that Randy Couture has the most heart I have ever seen in MMA...at first, I thought..."What's the big deal about this guy?" and then I saw how much heart he has, and how he will take on anyone...no matter his age...he is awesome!

All I have to say is that Randy Couture has the most heart I have ever seen in MMA...at first' date=' I thought..."What's the big deal about this guy?" and then I saw how much heart he has, and how he will take on anyone...no matter his age...he is awesome![/quote']

Agreed. He is a legend no matter what his record is. But he is in noway the greatest of all-time. He's not even top 5.

lol' date=' why dont you brock fans just accept that fedor is on a whole different level then brock?

why is randy REALLY the best ever, because he trains with brock now?

GTFOutta here[/quote']

no because he has always tested himself Fedor has a chance to be in the UFC and fight TOP competition do you honestly think Strikeforce has more to offer him then the UFC

All I have to say is that Randy Couture has the most heart I have ever seen in MMA...at first' date=' I thought..."What's the big deal about this guy?" and then I saw how much heart he has, and how he will take on anyone...no matter his age...he is awesome![/quote']

that's the same thing i felt when i first saw him but i guess that stuff never gets measured i understand wins and losses are the most important but shouldn't be the only measuring stick

I thought we were comparing who they were tested by (or will be tested by ?)

all i'm saying is all i see from Fedor lately is reports that he doesn't like the UFC and that he's retiring after his contract is up, i believe he'll go through Werdum and possibly Overeem and then have his last fight for DREAM in Japan against Barnett but i want more i'm selfish if he runs through Overeem and Werdum why not jump to the UFC and test himself even further i guess you could say in the organization that Couture has been testing himself in his whole career

But Rampage ripped him apart twice... what does that make him?

Rampage and Chuck have awesome resumes i've got Chuck overall just a lil further then Rampage, Wandy beat Rampage twice Chuck beat Wandy once in a war then Rampage avenged 1 loss against Wandy it's all crazy at 205

If anything Chuck is greater than Randy. He did beat him twice.

Right on!! Randy's got heart....a lot of it...but in his time...Chuck was the man!! I love the Iceman...and I don't know if he has a future, but I will always hope that he wins if he's fighting....he is always on the offensive...that has been his problem...if he could control his desire to knock people out, at every opportunity...he could still be a top contender!

Right on!! Randy's got heart....a lot of it...but in his time...Chuck was the man!! I love the Iceman...and I don't know if he has a future' date=' but I will always hope that he wins if he's fighting....he is always on the offensive...that has been his problem...if he could contol his desire to knock people out, at every opportunity...he could still be a top contender![/quote']

yea I have always enjoyed watching Chuck fight. He is one of the reasons i got into MMA. His problem was he did not fight very smart in his career. Took way too much damage. I hope it doesnt come back to haunt him later in life.

i can claim whatever i want' date=' i never attacked you with any of it all you do is attack people if they have anything negative to say about your fighters, it's ridiculous[/quote']

You said Couture is the greatest of all-time ahead of Fedor - clearly a troll thread. As if you didn't expect to get a reality check. Who are you trying to fool?

You said Couture is the greatest of all-time ahead of Fedor - clearly a troll thread. As if you didn't expect to get a reality check. Who are you trying to fool?

i'm not trying to troll im just saying I think Couture constantly testing himself needs serious consideration cause he most of the time rose to the challenge and as far as Chuck his resume is awesome however the end of his career has gone very bad

No

Matt Hughes is higher than Couture on an alltime greatest list.

It's too bad you're delusional about a lot of things. You're a Shogun fan' date=' and so am I......[/quote']

Hughes is up there to, it's all good i may be delusional but i watch everything i can to offer an outside the box perspective and SHOGUN FTW

i'm not trying to troll im just saying I think Couture constantly testing himself needs serious consideration cause he most of the time rose to the challenge and as far as Chuck his resume is awesome however the end of his career has gone very bad

Couture is a legend for nothing less than coming into the sport at his age, and succeeding as he did. No question. But if you're really objective about a Top 10 GOAT list, you'll find his placement is in the 9, 10 or 11 spot. Chuck does have a spectacular resume, but it's not the best in the game by any means.

Lemme know when you make a Shogun thread, and we can agree on something :)

Check this doozie out I made comparing Shogun and Anderson Silva. And I'm complete serious in my assessment.....lemme know what you think.

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=40651

Archived