No matter how many guys he beats, let us never forget....

Brady969

LOL it hurts doesnt it? A former pro wrestler dominating the MMA World

Yes it does. It hurts more knowing that his size and strength got him there. Not his ability to fight. He's a good athlete but average MMA fighter. When Carwin wins' date=' it will make the victory that much sweeter.[/b']

Yes it does. It hurts more knowing that his size and strength got him there. Not his ability to fight. He's a good athlete but average MMA fighter. When Carwin wins' date=' it will make the victory that much sweeter.[/b']

Ahhhh and Carwins size and strenght didnt help him at all in all of his matches..Carwin is so technical,his combo?s are amazing,go watch some of his vids..awesome combo?s he?s such a skilled fighter..Brock cant touch Carwin,come on,who are we kidding..

Ahhhh and Carwins size and strenght didnt help him at all in all of his matches..Carwin is so technical' date='his combo?s are amazing,go watch some of his vids..awesome combo?s he?s such a skilled fighter..Brock cant touch Carwin,come on,who are we kidding..[/quote']

NCAA

* NCAA Division II National Wrestling Heavyweight Runner-Up 1996?97 (2 times)

* NCAA Division II Wrestling Heavyweight Champion (1999)

His size did help but he doesn't tower and sit on people. He knocks them the f-out!

He has a few submissions under his belt too. Can your boyfriend Brock say that?

NCAA

His size did help but he doesn't tower and sit on people. He knocks them the f-out!

No my boy Brock only has 5 fights, one againts a can, wich he beat in like..40 sec?s? And the other 4 against MMA veterans and former UFC Champions,wich he all beat silly while still being a rookie to the sport,can your boy Shane say that?? Dont think so...

NCAA

Uhh...ok that's cool how you posted Carwin's NCAA wrestling credentials to legitimize him, yet failed to do so with Brock in your first post, who has better credentials by the way. I don't like Brock very much, but don't be a hypocrite.

NCAA

I'm guessing you don't know much about Brock's wrestling credentials then?

For a heavyweight the guy is a freak of nature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxlX2l25Utw

Its silly how armchair mma fans are bothered about pro wrestlers crossing over to the mma world. If they do well' date=' i dont see the problem. All the hard work they put in to training for MMA, the deserve to be fightin in the cage.[/quote']

That Shooting Star was sick. Precise landing too.

Labyrinthic, you have one of the best quotes I've seen about people being locked up as Brock's slaves. I watched that interview with Rogan. It was f-ing hilarious.

For a heavyweight the guy is a freak of nature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxlX2l25Utw

Its silly how armchair mma fans are bothered about pro wrestlers crossing over to the mma world. If they do well' date=' i dont see the problem. All the hard work they put in to training for MMA, the deserve to be fightin in the cage.[/quote']

exactly. No one (hopefully) thinks that WWE crap is real, but it does take quite an athlete to go out there and do the stuff those guys are doing. Dont get it twisted, I hate professional wrestling and I love MMA. I'm far from a brock fanboy like some of these tards on here, but He has beated a few quality guys in the UFC and has held the title. Carwin may be able to put up a fight, but I honestly think Brock will probably smash him. Either way, I hope its an entertaining fight.

everybody talks crap about brock and his wwe days,if you were offered a very good paying job right out of college who wouldnt take it? Brock took it because the ufc wasnt near as big as it is now and people keep saying how carwin was a d2 champ but lesnars wrestling is way superior to carwins he will just come out of the begining of the match and take carwin down and start working.

Well I just want to say that I hate Rich Franklin because he was a school teacher before he got into MMA. I also hate Forrest Griffin because he was a cop.

Seriously who cares what Brock Lesnar or anyone else did before entering MMA? The guy walked away from more money than he could make in several lifetimes as an MMA fighter to test himself in real competition.

I hate to overstep my place as a relatively new poster to this forum, but I have no choice but to declare this thread an epic fail.

Well I just want to say that I hate Rich Franklin because he was a school teacher before he got into MMA. I also hate Forrest Griffin because he was a cop.

Seriously who cares what Brock Lesnar or anyone else did before entering MMA? The guy walked away from more money than he could make in several lifetimes as an MMA fighter to test himself in real competition.

I hate to overstep my place as a relatively new poster to this forum' date=' but I have no choice but to declare this thread an epic fail.[/quote']

Thank u!

I hate to overstep my place as a relatively new poster to this forum' date=' but I have no choice but to declare this thread an epic fail.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. Well stated!

Fedor was also asked about how he?d fare against the bigger man in the heavyweight division such as Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem and unsurprisingly ?The Last Emperor? doesn?t think size matters.

?Size and strength doesn?t always define the ability for a fighter to perform in the cage. These particular fighters are all some of the top heavyweights in the world and I have seen their fights and they all perform extremely well and have a lot of talents. But size does not define how well they would perform against me.?

?I think what defines a great fighter is someone who performs well in the cage. Someone who makes the right decisions during fights; fights fair and respects the sport and as a result gains the respect and the admiration of true fans of the sport of mixed martial arts. Someone who shows good skill and technique and preparation for a fight. Not someone who just relies only on his strength and size but also their abilities in the fight.?

Size alone doesn't matter.

for some reason i came into this thread fully expecting it to be the madeshopping spammer

was i the only one??

I was thinking this might be about Fedor... I mean' date=' Lesnar won 4 fights... the threads title kinda hints at someone with many more...

How old was Brock when he was offered a huge amount of cash to sign for the WWE? OP - I'm sure you would turn it down!! give the guy credit for walking away from it and making it to the top of the biggest MMA organisation - I'm not a fan of him myself but I dont hold his WWE days against him

^^^ This

everybody talks crap about brock and his wwe days' date='if you were offered a very good paying job right out of college who wouldnt take it? Brock took it because the ufc wasnt near as big as it is now and people keep saying how carwin was a d2 champ but lesnars wrestling is way superior to carwins he will just come out of the begining of the match and take carwin down and start working.[/quote']

I don't remember the guys name but he trains with both of them and has done since wrestling days, he just fought lashley a bit ago? I think it's mike cook anyway I digress, he said their wrestling is about equal and they both wrestled a lot of the same guys with the same results, he also said lesnar is the stronger of the two but carwin has more punching power, I'll try find the article it was posted on here though a while ago, anybody else see it?

Fedor was also asked about how he?d fare against the bigger man in the heavyweight division such as Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem and unsurprisingly ?The Last Emperor? doesn?t think size matters.

?Size and strength doesn?t always define the ability for a fighter to perform in the cage. These particular fighters are all some of the top heavyweights in the world and I have seen their fights and they all perform extremely well and have a lot of talents. But size does not define how well they would perform against me.?

?I think what defines a great fighter is someone who performs well in the cage. Someone who makes the right decisions during fights; fights fair and respects the sport and as a result gains the respect and the admiration of true fans of the sport of mixed martial arts. Someone who shows good skill and technique and preparation for a fight. Not someone who just relies only on his strength and size but also their abilities in the fight.?

Size alone doesn't matter.

I was thinking this might be about Fedor... I mean' date=' Lesnar won 4 fights... the threads title kinda hints at someone with many more...

^^^ This[/quote']

Size alone can matter, If you fight in a way in which you use your size and strength as a major component of your game, like rashad evans and his movement and speed then of course it matters but I actually don't think brock does this, Wrestling is a huge size neutralizer and his size might help keep guys down but if you have it why not use it, it's like saying I don't like frankie edgar he just uses his movement and speed to win fights.

NCAA

* NCAA Division II National Wrestling Heavyweight Runner-Up 1996–97 (2 times)

Brock Lesnar wrestling cred:

NCAA Division I runner-up (1999)

NCAA Division I Championship (2000)

Brock was a division 1 wrestler which makes him a better wrestler than Carwin. You just hating.

Brock Lesnar wrestling stats:

NCAA Division I runner-up (1999)

NCAA Division I Championship (2000)

Brock was a division 1 wrestler which makes him a better wrestler than Carwin. You just hating.

Its like comparing Troy to the Alabama Crimson tide(alot of people are probably like Whotf is troy?) which is my point exactly

Carwin is bigger than everyone he fought too. He cuts to 265 just like Lesnar does.

So why hate on Lesnar but hug Shane?

Carwin is bigger than everyone he fought too. He cuts to 265 just like Lesnar does.

So why hate on Lesnar but hug Shane?

because Shane is 10-0, ended all his fights in the first round, and earned his way to the top. unlike a certain fake wrestling star who got his title shot due to his stardom rather than his fighting ability

your comment is dumb there are weight class and everyone in every category cut weight to fight there. Brock does the same is all. There are much heavier fighter and stronger fighter around fighting and not being successful... they dont even make it to the ufc..

Yes it certainly does hurt...and it's an absolute embarrassment to the sport.

I sincerely hope Brock Lesnar dies in the octagon.

your terrible but not in the way you would like to be.

I dont see why being a wrestler is worst than being a mechanic or a nurse for that matter, everyone had to make al living before they started MMA it happens Brock was an athlete. It's not worst than working at a circus or being a musician.

And if he was so bad then why did he won and kept the belt ?

Hes a great HW. So is JDS, i like Carwin but hes unproven and clearly they want him out of they way since they trow him at Brock. Cain is a LHW he should start to lose some weight before reality bites his ****.

Archived