Chris Leben Title shot

shogun64

I know chris was once destroyed by the spider but he now has twelve wins in the ufc i remember josh koscheck talking sh!t cause he had 14 wins and never got a title shot. so its not if he should get a title shot but does he deserve one??

that fight would be just as ugly, if not worse, than the first fight between those two. I remember watching that fight, and my stomach turning every time leben just walked right into silva's trap.

After watching Leben last night, you can tell he hasn't really progessed much as a fighter. He is known as a brawler and thats what he sticks too, but another fight with the spider would be suicide honestly.

I know chris was once destroyed by the spider but he now has twelve wins in the ufc i remember josh koscheck talking sh!t cause he had 14 wins and never got a title shot. so its not if he should get a title shot but does he deserve one??

What is this pile of nonsense? This kid has lost to Kalib Starnes ffs.....Starnes...lol. And two wins in a row over Aaron Simpson and Jay Silva doesn't get you a MW titles shot.

Chris Leben for a title shot......*shakes head*

that fight would be just as ugly' date=' if not worse, than the first fight between those two. I remember watching that fight, and my stomach turning every time leben just walked right into silva's trap.

After watching Leben last night, you can tell he hasn't really progessed much as a fighter. He is known as a brawler and thats what he sticks too, but another fight with the spider would be suicide honestly.[/quote']

What if the spider made a move to the lhw for good and vacated the mw title i think leben should be in the mix

What if the spider made a move to the lhw for good and vacated the mw title i think leben should be in the mix

For beating Jay Silva and Aaron Simpson? Really? Think the UFC might expect a little more from him before he gets anywhere near the title, and when he does step up in competition again - he will lose

no

he hasnt beaten any1 decent

tbh the only good person hes fought since silva was bisping

who beat him even tho leben cheated and used steroids

tbh i think he'll never get another title shot after..he doesnt deserve one anyway

once a cheater always a cheater

Chris was one win away from getting a title shot when he ran into Silva. That was as close as he'll ever get. Leben is a big draw for the UFC on UFN cards. That's where he'll be for the rest of his career, having exciting fights on UFN cards.

I will say on a positive note that Leben looked better than he has in the past. He's starting to put together solid gameplans and use his skillset to his advantage.

Having said that, Leben is nowhere close to a title shot. And to the OP, he has 10 wins in the Octagon, not 12. Leben needs to build a successful winning streak to get a title shot. 2 fights will see him take on a bigger name, but 4-5 fights will put him in the true mix.

Leben says he wants to get a run together and get a title shot. That's cool, good luck to him. The day he works his way up to a top contender and beats him is the day he deserves a title shot. All due to respect to Jay Silva and Aaron Simpson, but they're not top contender material right now.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about Chris Leben that I don't like. During his post-fight interview he sounded like an a**hole and very ****y. I was hoping Simpson would of one, but it was nice to see Leben get his a** kicked in round 1.

I don't know what it is' date=' but there's something about Chris Leben that I don't like. During his post-fight interview he sounded like an a**hole and very ****y. I was hoping Simpson would of one, but it was nice to see Leben get his a** kicked in round 1.[/quote']

His post fight interview surprised me a bit.

I'd want to see him fight someone Anderson recently beat first like Damian. I was impressed by his attitude and enjoyed watching him fight again.

I'd want to see him fight someone Anderson recently beat first like Damian. I was impressed by his attitude and enjoyed watching him fight again.

I know this was last year, and a different weight class, but I'd like to see Griffin defeat Leben.

that's what I'm talking about when I say that people are too quick to grant title shots. It,s not about how many wins you have it's how you got them, against who, and how many in a row do you have lately.

Be real man. He yet has to go through Marquart, Maia, Belfort, true contenders, before we start thinking about it. And the way Silva ridiculed him when they first met he really would need a miracle for him to have any credibility towards a title shot.

Dude... Leben's loss to anderson Silva was years ago and it was so epic that even today people refer to it almost on a daily basis on this forum.

Leben has carved himself out a great career when you take into account his limitations technically. His matches are generally pretty good to watch, but Lebens 'job' is stepping stone for the promising up-and-comer. There aint many who have lost to Leben, who have then gone on to be great and regularily performing in the ufc high up on the card.

Archived