Anderson Silva training with Steven Seagal

Trodrigues

One of the craziest things I've seen.

Why the hell is Anderson "training" with Seagal!? What a waste of time. Unless it's purely for fun.

And Seagal told Anderson not to call him "coach" but to call him "sensei." Nuts. Who cares? Anderson will utterly destroy you.

Why the hell is Anderson "training" with Seagal!? What a waste of time. Unless it's purely for fun.

And Seagal told Anderson not to call him "coach" but to call him "sensei." Nuts. Who cares? Anderson will utterly destroy you.

Are you kidding?

Silva will be snapping Sonnen's neck like a twig.

Seagal got a realy good education of stand up , he got realy nice knowledge about counter from weird angle with good power .

Seagal is a 7th degree Black Belt in Aikido, whoever says he is just an actor is trolling or a retard.

I know most of Aikidos moves won't work in the UFC, but wouldn't it be awesome if Silva submit Sonnen with a wrist lock ? I mean.. Sonnen is going to be submitted anyway..

Seagal is a 7th degree Black Belt in Aikido' date=' whoever says he is just an actor is trolling or a retard.

I know most of Aikidos moves won't work in the UFC, but wouldn't it be awesome if Silva submit Sonnen with a wrist lock ? I mean.. Sonnen is going to be submitted anyway..[/quote']

Not sure if trolls and retards are the only option.

There are tons of black belts that can't actually fight. If the style, school or teacher you got your black belt from sucks, it's not going to mean much. Aikido sucks and is impractical.

Also, being a "7th degree black belt" doesn't necessarily tell you anything. There are a bunch of black belts at the local strip mall karate center by me who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Not sure if trolls and retards are the only option.

There are tons of black belts that can't actually fight. If the style' date=' school or teacher you got your black belt from sucks, it's not going to mean much. Aikido sucks and is impractical.

Also, being a "7th degree black belt" doesn't necessarily tell you anything. There are a bunch of black belts at the local strip mall karate center by me who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.[/quote']

So training in a combat style u like is a waste of time cause u get worst and worst at training ?

I did Karate competition and yes i seen opponent who not that good when it come to put everyting together in a fight . But i seen fighter who can KO anyone with one punch and trust me every punch and kick was hurting realy bad .

U talk about BB like is a waste of time to train , i did 3 year of boxing to and there was guys in boxing with no punching power but after training a lot they was starting to get realy good .

Best example come to me is Patrick Cote , now PC got a realy nice ko power but at is begin he was hitting like a girl . I was working with one of is sparring partner at Quebec and he learn is Punching power by training realy hard .

U can learn a lot of stuff by training ur **** off , in every combat sport . Watch the stance of GSP in MMA fight , he use a Karate stance and that work realy well for him .

So training in a combat style u like is a waste of time cause get worst and worst at training ?

I did Karate competition and yes i seen opponent who not that good when it come to put everyting together in a fight . But i seen fighter who can KO anyone with one punch and trust me every punch and kick was hurting realy bad .

U talk about BB like is a waste of time to train ' date=' i did 3 year of boxing to and there was guys in boxing with no punching power but after training a lot they was starting to get realy good .

Best example come to me is Patrick Cote , now PC got a realy nice ko power but at is begin he was hitting like a girl . I was working with one of is sparring partner at Quebec and he learn he got is Punching power by training realy hard .

U can learn a lot of stuff by training ur **** off , in every combat sport . Watch the stance of GSP in MMA fight , he use a Karate stance and that work realy well for him .[/quote']

Got no problem with boxing- they actually fight and apply their techniques in live sessions.

I'm not saying that there is nothing of value in any martial art. Hopefully MMA will continue to incorporate those things into itself.

Hopefully, some training is better than none. But I've seen guys train in arts like Tae Kwon Do that think they can fight, and think the flying kicks and sh*t they've been doing will work, end up getting beat worse than they would've if they just went into the fight and brawled. I've seen this happen to black belts.

yeah ehh. Aikido isn't highly regarded in MMA circles but seriously the reason why you never see it used isn't because it doesn't work. It's because first of all it's not really designed for open combat, it's more like a "end the fight before it starts" self defense type of technique. And 2nd well most of their techniques are forbidden in MMA because they are no-holds. Like that thing you see him do to silva a bit after 4:00 when he throws him to the ground and taps him on his knees. It's either you break the guy's arm or if you wait he's gonna escape because you don't hold him.

But lemme tell ya I trained a similar style for a short while and these techniques are pure pain. They're very hard to master and it takes decades to become masterful with them, as compared to boxing or BJJ.

This is why Anderson is the best though. He takes advices from anyone and any style. That's why he has so many tricks in his sleeves.

One of the worst champions in UFC history with one of the worst actors in hollywood b-movie history. Perfect match for each other.

the worst champion who somehow has the longest winning streak, the most title defense, by far the best accuracy rate of all UFC's history and who finished 8 of his 11 fights in the organisation.. yeah.. really one of the worst..

the worst champion who somehow has the longest winning streak' date=' the most title defense, by far the best accuracy rate of all UFC's history and who finished 8 of his 11 fights in the organisation.. yeah.. really one of the worst..[/quote']

Champion =/= fighter.

One of the worst champions in UFC history with one of the worst actors in hollywood b-movie history. Perfect match for each other.

Anderson is actually the best champion in UFC history, and theres nothing wrong with him learning new styles it will only make him better

man, thats pretty real. seagal seems to understand akido in a more relevant manner than some would say it is. beyond that video too considering he is a cop and trains his officers in basic h2h self defense.

considering silva was able to knock someone out with an elbow he learned from watching ong bak, i wouldent be so quick to write off the usefulness of this training!

Archived