Dos Santos V Big Country + couture vs James toney?

ShangTsung

Are both of these fights going to be one-sided?

Imo toney vs couture doesnt prove anything and its no wonder couture campaigned so hard for this fight... an aging out of shape looking toney who has no mma experience vs a veteran of the sport... imo this is just gonna be a boring fight with couture grappling toney to death, suprised the fight was even sanctioned

As for big country vs dos santos i actually hope big country gets the win because i think dos santos is overated and hyped up too much but hey thats just me ..

The people who say Dos Santos vs Nelson is gonna be a beatdown just need to get of JDS's nuts. I mean, he's a good striker but from listening to them you'd think he was a 300 pound power puncher who could pull off submissions on his back and was impossible to take down.

This is the first time that we'll see JDS have his grappling really tested. I think he'll win the fight, but it won't be a beat down.

As for Toney vs Couture. I'm pretty sure that's gonna be over quickly. Couture wrestles Toney into the fence, tires him out, takes him down and finishes it however the hell he wants to. First round stoppage, easy.

The people who say Dos Santos vs Nelson is gonna be a beatdown just need to get of JDS's nuts. I mean' date=' he's a good striker but from listening to them you'd think he was a 300 pound power puncher who could pull off submissions on his back and was impossible to take down.

This is the first time that we'll see JDS have his grappling really tested. I think he'll win the fight, but it won't be a beat down.

As for Toney vs Couture. I'm pretty sure that's gonna be over quickly. Couture wrestles Toney into the fence, tires him out, takes him down and finishes it however the hell he wants to. First round stoppage, easy.[/quote']

+1

Nelson is one of those guys who nobody matches up well with (apart from the giant wrestlers). I would not be suprised if Nelson pulls this off.

JDS vs Roy Nelson is a great matchup, eispecially for Nelson.

??? Dos Santos is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. Brett Rodgers gets knocked out by Fedor and he was still ranked higher than JDS. It's a joke. All he does is KO top contenders and gets shafted. Much more impressive wins and resume than Carwin or Cain. Don't get it.

And he's going to destroy Nelson.

regardless of his rankings there are way too many people who hype this guy up, he has some good boxing il give him that..? but hes not the second coming of jesus!

The people who say Dos Santos vs Nelson is gonna be a beatdown just need to get of JDS's nuts. I mean' date=' he's a good striker but from listening to them you'd think he was a 300 pound power puncher who could pull off submissions on his back and was impossible to take down.

As for Toney vs Couture. I'm pretty sure that's gonna be over quickly. Couture wrestles Toney into the fence, tires him out, takes him down and finishes it however the hell he wants to. First round stoppage, easy.[/quote']

Well no Gonzaga was the first time JDS ground game was tested.

I like Roy but it would be huge, (no puns) for him to win this. That Dana's head would blow up.

regardless of his rankings there are way too many people who hype this guy up' date=' he has some good boxing il give him that..? but hes not the second coming of jesus![/quote']

I beg to differ, how many JDS fights have you seen?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Brazilian version of Jezus.

regardless of his rankings there are way too many people who hype this guy up' date=' he has some good boxing il give him that..? but hes not the second coming of jesus![/quote']

Hype for Junior Dos Santos? All I've been hearing lately is how good Roy Nelson is. How he has a great ground game that will really test Dos Santos. Gabriel Gonzaga has a way better ground game than Roy Nelson and he couldn't keep him down. Also, when the heII has he ever proved his so called tremendous ground game. He has like 4 submissions. Roy Nelson beat Brendan Schaub who is a newcomer in the MMA game and Stefan Struve who doesn't have great standup, and he was also beat by Junior Dos Santos. If you want to talk about someone who is being hyped up right now it is Jon Jones. Who has he beaten that makes him so good? I like Roy and think he is good but he is in over his head if he thinks he can stand and trade punches with Junior Dos Santos

As for big country vs dos santos i actually hope big country gets the win because i think dos santos is overated and hyped up too much but hey thats just me ..

If you honestly think that JDS is overrated and Big Country isnt then somethings wrong with you. JDS has beaten a top contender (at the time) in Werdum, dominated a legend, and destroyed Gonzaga (who carwin pretty much got a title shot off of)

What has Fat Country done? He beat a inexperienced brendan schaub who he couldnt even keep on the ground and knocked out stefan struve who JDS already dominated.

JDS will murder Nelson and everyone will get off his band wagon

I honestly think that Roy's ground control is overrated. I mean' date=' think about it

Who has he beaten on the ground????

Kimbo "no ground game" Slice?

James "no ground game" Mcsweeney?

Brendan Schaub is DECENT on the ground and Roy couldn't keep him down[/quote']

I'm no Nelson fan but...

Umm ..

I honestly think that Roy's ground control is overrated. I mean' date=' think about it

Who has he beaten on the ground????

Kimbo "no ground game" Slice?

James "no ground game" Mcsweeney?

Brendan Schaub is DECENT on the ground and Roy couldn't keep him down[/quote']

Ummm....frank mir. Watch the youtube video.......nuff said

I bet the farm roy doesnt even get it to the ground.

??? Dos Santos is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC. Brett Rodgers gets knocked out by Fedor and he was still ranked higher than JDS. It's a joke. All he does is KO top contenders and gets shafted. Much more impressive wins and resume than Carwin or Cain. Don't get it.

And he's going to destroy Nelson.

Name 1 top contender he's faced.

I cant actually believe the amount of people that logically give Roy a chance!?!?!?!

Dont get me wrong I like Roy, he is a fighter that can always surprise people and I actually want him to win in a way for some reason but I mean seriously? Come on JDS is a ****ing destroyer! Definitely the future HW champ if he keeps goin the way he is, just cant believe how many people think hes overrated... if anything, as someone said before, he is underrated and gets continuously shafted after smashing quality fighter after quality fighter... its a joke.

Archived