Can we all agree on one thing about Anderson Silva?

RussReign

IF he is the true p4p king and as dominant as most people make him out to be, he MUST CONVINCINGLY beat Sonnen. No split decisions or dancing exhibitions - he needs to go out there and handle business - either KO, submission, or dominant decision.

If he's on his back the whole fight getting pounded on and somehow eeks out a decision, there is no way he can be mentioned in the p4p debate.

If he's as good as people say he is, Anderson should destroy Sonnen. Chael is a very tough guy, but a purely one-dimensional fighter. Personally, I think this fight might expose Silva, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. Anderson has the chance prove to his naysayers with a dominating performance that he isn't afraid to get in there and mix it up with a legit tough guy who will fight through blood and bumps and will not be intimidated.

Show us all how good you really are Anderson... if you really are that good...

Anderson Silva is the best' date=' have you seen him fight?? How could you see him fight and not think he's the best?? I'm sure that he will destroy Sonnen, and anyone that is not convinced, will be....[/quote']

Right - this is what I'm talking about though... if destroys Chael, as he should, then the conversation of him being dominant and the greatest, etc. can rightfully continue...

If not, it's an entirely different story...

I hope chael smashes silva but im still not taking anything away from silva hes a great fighter.. i just dont like the guy

Same here. I still need to see Anderson demolish someone who can take punishment and isn't going to run from him the whole fight though...

And just how is beating up Chael going to prove he's the best in the world?

It's not... BUT, if he DOESN"T beat up Chael, I think that will prove that he's NOT the best in the world. Silva is SUPPOSED to dominate in this fight... if he doesn't... that's a problem...

could say the same thing ABOUT gsp for his last few fights...

def could... IMO is he's as good as people say, he should dismantle Kos also... Kos is a much more well-rounded opponent than Chael Sonnen though... and GSP didn't dance around the ring like a moron in a complete show of disrespect to MMA in his last fight...

I hope chael smashes silva but im still not taking anything away from silva hes a great fighter.. i just dont like the guy

Are you sure Anderson is a guy, I think he looks like Rapaul. A scorned Rapaul. Anderson will dominate Sonen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF he is the true p4p king and as dominant as most people make him out to be' date=' he MUST CONVINCINGLY beat Sonnen. No split decisions or dancing exhibitions - he needs to go out there and handle business - either KO, submission, or dominant decision.

If he's on his back the whole fight getting pounded on and somehow eeks out a decision, there is no way he can be mentioned in the p4p debate.

If he's as good as people say he is, Anderson should destroy Sonnen. Chael is a very tough guy, but a purely one-dimensional fighter. Personally, I think this fight might expose Silva, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds. Anderson has the chance prove to his naysayers with a dominating performance that he isn't afraid to get in there and mix it up with a legit tough guy who will fight through blood and bumps and will not be intimidated.

Show us all how good you really are Anderson... if you really are that good...[/quote']

The only thing Anderson has to do is earn the 'W'...neither yours nor any of the other worthless, moronic opinions from know-nothing wannabe MMA fans matters after that.

And just how is beating up Chael going to prove he's the best in the world?

It's chael the ultimate front runner sonnen.

beating Chael says nothing about Silva being the best P4P fighter. Its HOW he beats Chael. The best pound for pound fighter in the world wouldnt let this fight get passed the second round.

GSP hasn't given up a round in a fight since 2007...anyone who is too mentally challenged to recognize his dominance and greatness is most likely the result of inbreeding and should just be ignored. Just give them a pat on the head and a pair of balled up socks to play with send them on their way.

Welcome back my rude, obnoxious internet friend!!!

:)

GSP hasn't given up a round in a fight since 2007...anyone who is too mentally challenged to recognize his dominance and greatness is most likely the result of inbreeding and should just be ignored. Just give them a pat on the head and a pair of balled up socks to play with send them on their way.

I'm gonna remain neutral on GSP, but thats one funny diatribe.

Sonnen doesn't bring anything to the table he is basically a much lesser Dan Henderson except with more submission losses.

Ok, so would you agree then, that if Sonnen brings nothing to the table, Anderson really needs to crush him to prove his overall dominance?

That's all I'm asking in this thread.

Everyone seems to think Silva is going to obliterate Sonnen. Ok fine, but what if he doesn't? Will people still be saying he's the second coming of Christ even though Forrest has been his only stoppage in ages?

Andersons dancing around helps prove hes the best p4p fighter cuz hes so good he can act like an idiot in there and noone can stop him. He broke Maia's nose and his orbital i heard. Noone is better than Silva. GSP would get destroyed by Silva. Shogun vs Silva would be Silvas best fight noone else challenges him

IF he is the true p4p king and as dominant as most people make him out to be' date=' he MUST CONVINCINGLY beat Sonnen. No split decisions or dancing exhibitions - he needs to go out there and handle business - either KO, submission, or dominant decision.

Show us all how good you really are Anderson... if you really are that good...[/quote']

Gsp humps out decisions all day and people still say he is p4p.

Gsp humps out decisions all day and people still say he is p4p.

I think its time people started asking the same questions of him... I'm not even saying that either man isn't great - just that it's time to prove it once again by winning decisively against an adversary who can take a beating and won't be suffering from jock in mouth syndrome the entire fight...

Ok, Anderson - you are the God of the world - prove it - go DESTROY Sonnen. With all of his talking you should be more motivated than every. Then go do it... Show us you aren't afraid to mix it up

I think its time people started asking the same questions of him... I'm not even saying that either man isn't great - just that it's time to prove it once again by winning decisively against an adversary who can take a beating and won't be suffering from jock in mouth syndrome the entire fight...

Ok' date=' Anderson - you are the God of the world - prove it - go DESTROY Sonnen. With all of his talking you should be more motivated than every. Then go do it... Show us you aren't afraid to mix it up[/quote']

this ^

Stick to the facts buddy. People are, like you, are so quick to discredit Silva's work because of his late weak performances at 185. Yet forgetting that Leites fight, while it tarnished Silva's name, wasn't boring because of Silva, but because the guy refused to fight and instead kept rolling on his back.

Now I can understand for the Maia fight, where it was... weird.. but it was still a completly dominant performance. He just somehow didn't want to finish it.

So about the facts :

-11 wins streak in the UFC (never been done)

- 6 title defenses in the UFC (never been done and it's supposed to be 7 because his fight against Lutter was supposed to be a title fight but Lutter came overweight so it was changd to a 3 rounds fight)

- Most accurate striker in UFC's history

- finished 8 of his 11 fights. Most of these finishes were in beautiful dominant fashion (Leben, 2X Franklin, Irvin, Griffin, Marquart) One of the fight that didn't finish was because Cote poped his knee in the 3rd, and another one was because the guy was so scared he didn't fight. Even if you don't take into account the circumstances of those 2 fights and just say he finished 8 of 11 fights it's already a very good rate.

So please, try to work on your shotass memory. Maybe then you'll remember and understand that he's already proven that he belongs on that list.

Stick to the facts buddy. People are' date=' like you, are so quick to discredit Silva's work because of his late weak performances at 185. Yet forgetting that Leites fight, while it tarnished Silva's name, wasn't boring because of Silva, but because the guy refused to fight and instead kept rolling on his back.

Now I can understand for the Maia fight, where it was... weird.. but it was still a completly dominant performance. He just somehow didn't want to finish it.

So about the facts :

-11 wins streak in the UFC (never been done)

- 6 title defenses in the UFC (never been done and it's supposed to be 7 because his fight against Lutter was supposed to be a title fight but Lutter came overweight so it was changd to a 3 rounds fight)

- Most accurate striker in UFC's history

- finished 8 of his 11 fights. Most of these finishes were in beautiful dominant fashion (Leben, 2X Franklin, Irvin, Griffin, Marquart) One of the fight that didn't finish was because Cote poped his knee in the 3rd, and another one was because the guy was so scared he didn't fight. Even if you don't take into account the circumstances of those 2 fights and just say he finished 8 of 11 fights it's already a very good rate.

So please, try to work on your shotass memory. Maybe then you'll remember and understand that he's already proven that he belongs on that list.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. It takes 2 to make a fight, and anyone who has tried to make a fight against Anderson in the UFC has been soundly finished. The Maia fight left a bad taste in the mouth's of a lot of people and, as the above poster pointed out, wiped out their memory as to how dominant he has been.

So do I agree that Anderson has to destroy Chael Sonnen to remain in the discussion for p4p best? In a word, no.

Dude, where have you been living in the past four years? Under the rock? The noobs like yourself have been questioning Silva same way after Leites fight ( his first decision out of then ten fights mind you). And what Silva does? Makes a fool out of Griffin. And I can't believe that's still not enough to be convinced that Silva is a KING.

And don't even try to bring up Maya's fight. If you watched it at all Silva could have finished it at any second in the first three rounds but he chose not too but gassed out in the last two. Not really an indication of Maya's dominance who was avoiding any contact for most of the fight ( so much for title contender) and even when he had a chance, Silva easily was avoiding his lame attempts to any significant damage.

So it's a one thing to be a new to a sport but to doubgt the ability of a best fighter in the world is just plain stupid. My bet is you have not even seen him fight untill Abu Dabi. Do us a favor and watch all of his fights and that will change your opinion.

So it's a one thing to be a new to a sport but to doubgt the ability of a best fighter in the world is just plain stupid. My bet is you have not even seen him fight untill Abu Dabi. Do us a favor and watch all of his fights and that will change your opinion.

All I am saying is that IF he is TRULY as good as some people think, he has to go out there and dominate Sonnen - that may well be the case... I just want to see it... I want to stop hearing excuses and see a stoppage...

Can you not just agree to that? If Silva is God's gift, he should have NO PROBLEM dismantling one of the least-deserving title challengers in quite some time no?

PS - I am 33 years old, a brown belt in BJJ, and have been training and watching MMA for more than ten years... actually ATTENDED Pride Fights in Japan... so definitely not a "noob." I have seen Silva's earlier fights, and yes some were very dominant, esp the two vs. Franklin...

I'm sorry though, to me, a REAL CHAMPION finishes the people he should finish. Lets see what happens... If SIlva crushes Chael, I will bow down and kiss his feet like everyone else, if not then the debate is open...

Right - this is what I'm talking about though... if destroys Chael' date=' as he should, then the conversation of him being dominant and the greatest, etc. can rightfully continue...

If not, it's an entirely different story...[/quote']

Yes, I agree completely...

I'm sorry though' date=' to me, a REAL CHAMPION finishes the people he should finish. Lets see what happens... If SIlva crushes Chael, I will bow down and kiss his feet like everyone else, if not then the debate is open...[/quote']

Soooooooo what's your take on GSP for not finishing Hardy? is he a "REAL CHAMPION"?

Soooooooo what's your take on GSP for not finishing Hardy? is he a "REAL CHAMPION"?

At least GSP engaged and tried to finish... and didn't jump around the ring like a monkey making a mockery of the sport...

The Kos fight will be good though for the fans, because Kos won't play defense the whole time and should be able to nullify at least some of GSP's wrestling advantage...

Bottom line is that GSP isn't managed by Ed Soares

At least GSP engaged and tried to finish... and didn't jump around the ring like a monkey making a mockery of the sport...

The Kos fight will be good though for the fans' date=' because Kos won't play defense the whole time and should be able to nullify at least some of GSP's wrestling advantage...

Bottom line is that GSP isn't managed by Ed Soares[/quote']

So GSP engaged and couldn'tfinish the fight where as Anderson engaged for half the fight and choose not to... I'm sorry but choosing not to finish shows more skill then trying and not being able to finish. It may be less respectful but still more dominant. And WTF does Ed Soares have to do with this?

So GSP engaged and couldn'tfinish the fight where as Anderson engaged for half the fight and choose not to... I'm sorry but choosing not to finish shows more skill then trying and not being able to finish. It may be less respectful but still more dominant. And WTF does Ed Soares have to do with this?

Fighters are being paid to put on a show for the audience and showcase their abilities - dancing around the cage like a fool is doing neither...

People don't seem to be getting the point of this thread...

People seem to think Sonnen is absolute garbage and has no chance in this fight. I'm simply asking these people if they will still consider Silva the p4p king if he doesn't win this fight against such a "weak" opponent in dominant fashion.

That's all I'm asking. This isn't a Silva bashing thread - I'm just posing a question.

Personally, after Silva's recent history, I think he needs to finish or dominate in this fight or else a lot of people will start doubting his overall place in the p4p rankings - that's my opinion... outside of Forrest, there have been a lot of lackluster displays recently IMO...

So according to you guys if Silva wins he's still in the p4p debate' date=' and if he loses he's the worst p4p fighter in the world!! Do you know what the word fickle means??[/quote']

If he loses, he's obviously not the worst... he's still a very talented fighter... but he may have lost a bit of his previous zest for blood and dominant victory... i.e. the killer instinct that makes people viable in the p4p king discussion...

If he loses' date=' he's obviously not the worst... he's still a very talented fighter... but he may have lost a bit of his previous zest for blood and dominant victory... i.e. the killer instinct that makes people viable in the p4p king discussion...[/quote']

Yeah, I'm kidding. But I can still see ppl crapping all over Silva if he loses, regardless of all the winning he's done. I think Sonnen is a serious threat if he takes him down. But if Silva loses, I think he'll still be in the p4p debate because he'll most likely move to lhw and continue his dominance!! I will just chaulk it up as a bad performance. Although, after all the talking Chael has done I expect Silva will be very focused!!

Yeah' date=' I'm kidding. But I can still see ppl crapping all over Silva if he loses, regardless of all the winning he's done. I think Sonnen is a serious threat if he takes him down. But if Silva loses, I think he'll still be in the p4p debate because he'll most likely move to lhw and continue his dominance!! I will just chaulk it up as a bad performance. Although, after all the talking Chael has done I expect Silva will be very focused!![/quote']

Fair and well-stated points...

I think if he loses to Sonnen, moves up, and then beats some monsters, that would def get his wagon rolling again... Those would be interesting fights too though, because there aren't many dancers or avoiders in LHW...

Archived