James McSweeney @ 205lbs

AvengerdDub

He seems to have the frame best suited for LHW, similar to Rashad a few years back wanting to fight the bigger opponents, only McSweeney doesn't have wrestling credentials or the power to deal with the HW's

can we expect him to be @ LHW for his next fight if he is still on contract?

thoughts?

He seems to have the frame best suited for LHW' date=' similar to Rashad a few years back wanting to fight the bigger opponents, only McSweeney doesn't have wrestling credentials or the power to deal with the HW's

can we expect him to be @ LHW for his next fight if he is still on contract?

thoughts?[/quote']

I expect he will be released

he is 1-1 : 1 tko win 1 tko loss' date=' so he's sitting at .500 I'd expect 1 more fight, alot of these contracts are 3 fight contracts so I wouldn't be suprised to see him fight once more.[/quote']

kimbo was 1-1 and he drew a boat load more tickets than mcsweeny he was just lucky that rashad was his coach so he gave him the best matchups which got him in the ufc but rashad dont make the fights no more and if the tim slyvia look a like beat him last night who can he beat? al turk hahaha

kimbo was 1-1 and he drew a boat load more tickets than mcsweeny he was just lucky that rashad was his coach so he gave him the best matchups which got him in the ufc but rashad dont make the fights no more and if the tim slyvia look a like beat him last night who can he beat? al turk hahaha

very very true. he did look like tim sylvia and that one tremor brother from smokin aces haha.

If you hate him.... Why do you give a sh*t?

He's a decent kickboxer with no ground game... Plus he's a ****y prick

You should hope that he gets cut

like i said earliar i just like to analyze things, doesnt matter to me if he is on contract or not, or if i like a fighter or not, i just thought he would fight better @ 205 but theres too many people in here who hate life and complain about every ****ing thing, so it was a pointless subject clearly

lets move on than you negative sallies

i get what your saying but' date=' as stated before, who gives an F about Mcsweeney. I think that is why your getting the responses you are. Maybe he would look better at 205, but again, who cares it Mcsweeney.[/quote']

as i said i just like to analyze, but i picked a person the keyboard warriors dont like, hell, i dont like him i just thought it would make sense to move down in weight, it might give him more success, but than again people are now going to say "if you dont like him why care about his success?" i just like to see ne fighter in a situation where they can show their skills

very very true. he did look like tim sylvia and that one tremor brother from smokin aces haha.

hahaha i was trippin last night cuz i didnt see who he was fighting and i was like sylvia got smaller wait whaaa haha and he def does look like that guy from smokkin aces only i wish he woulda killed mcsweeny..... more than he did

as i said i just like to analyze' date=' but i picked a person the keyboard warriors dont like, hell, i dont like him i just thought it would make sense to move down in weight, it might give him more success, but than again people are now going to say "if you dont like him why care about his success?" i just like to see ne fighter in a situation where they can show their skills[/quote']

I honestly don't think it matters what weight class he is

The guy is garbage

He lost to Al-Turk... nuff said

Thanks for making a pointless thread for a bum fighter that no one cares about and then getting butt hurt when people dont care about your analysis.

lol I wasn't hurt, actually no i was and i left and started to cry and scream "Im so sorry, im so sorry"

if i truly gave a **** i wouldnt have made the sarcastic remark about thanks for playing.

if you don't give a ****, don't comment, simple as that.

thats my only beef is with the keyboard warriors on here who hate everything that is happening and being posted.

To avoid rehashing what most of you have been saying I will say this about McSweeney...

He's too small to be competing at HW. He was, I believe, 235lbs at the weigh-in. That's his walking weight. His opponent was over 250lbs, and there was a noticable size difference.

If McSweeney got a good diet he could make the cut to 205lbs. He'd fare much better there than at HW, however, he still lacks the experience and the overall skillset to make contender status.

I think a few of you are overlooking Browne. The guy is 10-0 with the majority of his wins coming by (T)KO in the first round.

I thought they said he was 6'4...thats pretty tall for a LHW. Just because he is kind of fat looking doesn't mean he could make weight at 205 if he leaned up.

Jon Jones is 6'4" tall and he's a 205er.

McSweeney isn't a big HW. Arlovski is 6'4" and 240lbs of solid muscle. McSweeney is 235lbs and he's got a bit of fat on that frame. If he dieted he could make 205. McSweeney is just not physically strong enough to manhandle the bigger HWs and we saw it last night.

Jon Jones is 6'4" tall and he's a 205er.

McSweeney isn't a big HW. Arlovski is 6'4" and 240lbs of solid muscle. McSweeney is 235lbs and he's got a bit of fat on that frame. If he dieted he could make 205. McSweeney is just not physically strong enough to manhandle the bigger HWs and we saw it last night.

thanks for the effort towards the thread lol, finally someone willing to put more effort into their typing.

someone said it earliar that mcsweeney is a guy who thinks he is an amazing fighter but average if that, so he may as well use his average skills in a division more suited for him and his frame. than again he doesn't have the skillset for the upper echelon in the division. just food for thought is all this was

cheers

I've always though mc sweeney should be a LHW, he doesn't suit at HW at all, just seems fat and out of his weightclass. However as the post before me said his stats say that his 6'4 so something isn't adding up here (possibly low muscle mass?)

If they do give him another fight at HW I would love to see P.Barry VS McSweeney and definitely think we'd see a KO in that fight.

Also apparently mcsweeney is appealing the decision due to some illegal elbow he believes were thrown.

I've always though mc sweeney should be a LHW' date=' he doesn't suit at HW at all, just seems fat and out of his weightclass. [b']However as the post before me said his stats say that his 6'4 so something isn't adding up here (possibly low muscle mass?)[/b]

Its all about a fighter's frame, man. Some guys' frames are just better suited for a smaller weight class, despite their height.

how this guy got into the ufc in the first place i dont even know. he should be cut

his Kickboxing credentials are fairly impressive, not sure what level of competition he faced though. 41-7 with 25 KO wins and 1 KO loss, his MMA record is just ugly though, real ugly

the more i talk about him the more i realize his skill set is very low for MMA, but with a proper weight class change he could do better, food for thought again.

I expect he will be released

No! The UFC quietly expect big things from T Browne so james will get One more fight!! (perhaps against Rob Broughton at ufc120????) Of not v bropughton then I believe 205 could be a possibility and if he can make the cut i think he would do ok!!

No! The UFC quietly expect big things from T Browne so james will get One more fight!! (perhaps against Rob Broughton at ufc120????) Of not v bropughton then I believe 205 could be a possibility and if he can make the cut i think he would do ok!!

It's generally how things work. If you win a fight on TUF (but don't reach the final) then you get a chance against another cast member at the finale. If you beat the cast member then you get a shot against genuine UFC opposition. If you win that fight then you're in for the long run. If not, you're gone.

Archived