Couture was able to defend some Brock takedowns. Carwin has better TDD than Couture.

ThirstForBLOOD

Just sayin'. Not all of this fight will be Brock on top of Carwin. A good amount will be standing as well. Carwin's chances are pretty good.

Did you just say Carwin had better takedown defensive than Coulture. Im not going to even argue with someone as tremedously stupid as you are because you don't relize than Coulture had a better wrestling carreer than Carwin did in Amatuer Wrestling and College Wrestling. So what makes you say this statement. Carwin is 250 at weigh in and coulture is 245.

Well considering Carwin is like 4 times the size of Couture' date=' it's pretty obvious his TDD is better.[/quote']

Are you kidding?

I wouldn't bet against Couture being able to beat Carwin.

TDD is based on wrestling ability, not size. Have you seen BJ Penn sprawl? It's a thing of beauty.

Don't kid yourself into saying the only reason Brock won was because of his size. Gonzaga was also a monster compared to Couture... and look what happened to him.

Well considering Carwin is like 4 times the size of Couture' date=' it's pretty obvious his TDD is better.[/quote']Actually its not obvious at all.

Carwins wrestling pedigree is a joke compared to Coutures.

You may as well say that Bob Sapp has better TDD because he's bigger. Get a clue.

Did you just say Carwin had better takedown defensive than Coulture. Im not going to even argue with someone as tremedously stupid as you are because you don't relize than Coulture had a better wrestling carreer than Carwin did in Amatuer Wrestling and College Wrestling. So what makes you say this statement. Carwin is 250 at weigh in and coulture is 245.

Ehh... Couture actually routinely weighs in at the 230's or less these days.

It's the reason he can drop down to LHW so easily.

Carwin on the other hand does cut to make 265, though not as much as Brock.

Ehh... Couture actually routinely weighs in at the 230's or less these days.

It's the reason he can drop down to LHW so easily.

Carwin on the other hand does cut to make 265' date=' though not as much as Brock.[/quote']

Thank You, but on the other hand who ever say Coulture has lesser TDD than Carwin does apprently is new to the sport of MMA let alone UFC

Carwin doesnt have better TDD than couture lol he got taken down by gonzaga imagine what brock will do his double leg is extremely explosive.I cant see carwin getting up after he gets taken down by lesnar and next thing you know its gunna be 2nd round and he wont have that KO power and will be getting shot on again he better hope he lands a quick bomb in the first round.

Actually its not obvious at all.

You may as well say that Bob Sapp has better TDD because he's bigger. Get a clue.

This ^

not this ^^... Lesnars' stand-up/ dirty boxing is a joke compared to Carwins'

... touche' >

......................................... TOUCHE+TURTLE+2.jpg

he is' date=' he weighs in at 265.....and cuts

he is as big as brock thats why[/quote']

I've met Carwin and I was taller than him by at least 1 1/2 inch at 6'1 with sandals on he was also not that wide, and if i'm not mistaken he weighed in at 255lbs for Mir seems odd to cut an additional 10lbs when your 285lbs.

... touche' >

......................................... TOUCHE+TURTLE+2.jpg

How does that have anything to do with Carwin's takedown defense? It's pretty hard to dirty-box when a 300pound gorilla is mashing your face into the canvas.

I've met Carwin and I was taller than him by at least 1 1/2 inch at 6'1 with sandals on he was also not that wide' date=' and if i'm not mistaken he weighed in at 255lbs for Mir seems odd to cut an additional 10lbs when your 285lbs.[/quote']

Mar-26-2010

Official UFC 111 Weigh-In Results

Below are the official weigh-in results for Saturday’s UFC 111 event. UFC 111, which is headlined by the UFC welterweight championship bout between Georges St-Pierre and Dan Hardy, and the interim UFC heavyweight title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, airs live on pay-per-view from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey beginning at 10pm ET / 7pm PT. Fans can also tune in to Spike TV at 9pm ET / 6pm PT to see live UFC 111 preliminary bouts. Click to watch replay

Main Event – UFC Welterweight Championship

Georges St-Pierre (170) vs Dan Hardy (170)

Co-Main Event – Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship

Frank Mir (265) vs Shane Carwin (265)

Fabricio Camoes (155) VS Kurt Pellegrino (155)

Ben Saunders (169) VS Jon Fitch (171)

Mark Bocek (154) VS Jim Miller (155)

....so your mistaken.

Actually its not obvious at all.

Whats wrong with you? Carwin was a NCAA II National HW champion. This is massive pedigree. Add his 50+ pounds over Randy and the associated strength that comes with it and there is no way in hell you shouldn't believe Carwin would be able to control Brock much easier than Randy did unless your delusional. Get a clue.

Hmm....

Official UFC? 111 Weigh-In Results

Main Event – UFC Heavyweight Championship

Co-Main Event – Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship

Frank Mir (265) vs Shane Carwin (265)

Official UFC? 91 Weigh-In Results

Brock Lesnar (265) vs Randy Couture (220)

Whats wrong with you? Carwin was a NCAA II National HW champion. This is massive pedigree. Add his 50+ pounds over Randy and the associated strength that comes with it and there is no way in hell you shouldn't believe Carwin would be able to control Brock much easier than Randy did unless your delusional. Get a clue.

Yeah I'd put Carwins division 2 collegiate wrestling against Couture's world class olympic wrestling pedigree any day.

lolwut.jpg

Yeah I'd put Carwins division 2 collegiate wrestling against Couture's world class olympic wrestling pedigree any day

And remind me exactly what pedigree Randy has? List championships, Olympic record in competition ect...... He was an Olympic alternate. Hell, thats like allowing the retarded kid down the street on your team as a sub because your mother told you to, knowing it's ok because he'll never get in the game.

Mar-26-2010

Official UFC 111 Weigh-In Results

Below are the official weigh-in results for Saturday?s UFC 111 event. UFC 111' date=' which is headlined by the UFC welterweight championship bout between Georges St-Pierre and Dan Hardy, and the interim UFC heavyweight title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, airs live on pay-per-view from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey beginning at 10pm ET / 7pm PT. Fans can also tune in to Spike TV at 9pm ET / 6pm PT to see live UFC 111 preliminary bouts. Click to watch replay

Main Event ? UFC Welterweight Championship

Georges St-Pierre (170) vs Dan Hardy (170)

Co-Main Event ? Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship

[b']Frank Mir (265) vs Shane Carwin (265)[/b]

Fabricio Camoes (155) VS Kurt Pellegrino (155)

Ben Saunders (169) VS Jon Fitch (171)

Mark Bocek (154) VS Jim Miller (155)

....so your mistaken.

I assume that was the UFC which also listed him at 6'5 at one point. I am sorry he was not that big.

... touche' >

dirty boxing? sure. All around striking' date=' Lesnar is more technical.

And remind me exactly what pedigree Randy has? List championships, Olympic record in competition ect...... He was an Olympic alternate. Hell, thats like allowing the retarded kid down the street on your team as a sub because your mother told you to, knowing it's ok because he'll never get in the game.

It's official, you're retarded

I assume that was the UFC which also listed him at 6'5 at one point. I am sorry he was not that big.

Agreed they do tend to fu*k things up with regularity but I was also witness the these weigh-ins and these numbers are correct. I remember thinking Mir was the first fighter having to bulk up for the weigh-ins, I'm sure I saw him downing a Frosty on his way up the steps. :P

And remind me exactly what pedigree Randy has? List championships' date=' Olympic record in competition ect...... He was an Olympic alternate. Hell, thats like allowing the retarded kid down the street on your team as a sub because your mother told you to, knowing it's ok because he'll never get in the game.[/quote']

Division 2 is joke. No one gives a rat azz about Division 2. You cant name the division 2 football, baseball, or basketball champions without googling it. Yet you can name the division 1 without googling it. If you have little knowledge you can. Division 2 Champion. PLEASE. Brock Lesnar was King at Division 1 and no one cares about D. 2. Fo Real

And remind me exactly what pedigree Randy has? List championships' date=' Olympic record in competition ect...... He was an Olympic alternate. Hell, thats like allowing the retarded kid down the street on your team as a sub because your mother told you to, knowing it's ok because he'll never get in the game.[/quote']You're a complete tool. Do you know what it takes even to make the olympics as an alternate? You're comparing that to Carwin's middling div 2 collegiate wrestling?

Carwins wrestling in MMA has looked subpar at best. He failed to TD Mir, got TD'ed by Gonzaga and has proven nothing. Comparing him to Couture who is widely regarded as one of the top MMA wrestlers of all time is laughable.

dirty boxing? sure. All around striking' date=' Lesnar is more technical.

It's official, you're retarded[/quote']

Thats harsh. If I upset your little girlfriend I appologize, but maybe you can show me the pedigree of Randy Couture.

Dude, if you discount an actual National Championship (best of the best, proof attatched) and count an Olympic alternate who never did compete in said Olympics with no Championship to their credit then your the one who is retarded.

Thats harsh. If I upset your little girlfriend I appologize' date=' but maybe you can show me the pedigree of Randy Couture.

Dude, if you discount an actual National Championship (best of the best, proof attatched) and count an Olympic alternate who never did compete in said Olympics with no Championship to their credit then your the one who is retarded.[/quote']

Randy Coulture was he11a good in Division 1. Division 1 is a place Carwin couldnt wrestle because he only got a scholarship at Division 2. Olkahoma State is bar none a wrestling factory buddy.

You're a complete tool. Do you know what it takes even to make the olympics as an alternate? You're comparing that to Carwin's middling div 2 collegiate wrestling?

Carwins wrestling in MMA has looked subpar at best. He failed to TD Mir' date=' got TD'ed by Gonzaga and has proven nothing. Comparing him to Couture who is widely regarded as one of the top MMA wrestlers of all time is laughable.[/quote']

I dunno, screwing the coaches daughter?

You talk as if he needed to TD Mir. He ran him up against the cage and pummeled him like no other has to date yet you conveniently forget this. And this was a Frank Mir who outweighed the Brock Frank Mir by 20 pounds yet it took Brock 2 rounds to finish the weaker, lighter Mir.

Archived