Penn Edgar 2

IM4MMA

Just curious what everyone thinks the outcome of this will be. We all know BJ didnt look himself and some people didnt like the outcome of the first matchup. I am a BJ fan and thought the fight was close but edgar won. I'm hoping BJ will put a diego sanchez beating on him. what is everyone elses thoughts on this?

Just curious what everyone thinks the outcome of this will be. We all know BJ didnt look himself and some people didnt like the outcome of the first matchup. I am a BJ fan and thought the fight was close but edgar won. I'm hoping BJ will put a diego sanchez beating on him. what is everyone elses thoughts on this?

bj kills edgar via gnp. BTW in the first fight he had a pretty bad sinus infection

I dont think BJ will make the mistake of letting Edgar beat him twice....

If the real Penn shows up, it will be as it always is: BJ Penn always 1 step ahead of the LW division.

Edgar is a great fighter, and outworked BJ, but I dont think Penn will let that happen again.

I wonder what everyones excuse will be if BJ loses again?

"BJ REALLY wasn't looking himself tonight' date=' just wait until the third fight, Edgar won't even touch him!!!"[/quote']

True, BJ himself never made an excuse for losing. And he gave Frank all the credit. Fans however.......

But dont worry, BJ wont lose again !

I wonder what everyones excuse will be if BJ loses again?

"BJ REALLY wasn't looking himself tonight' date=' just wait until the third fight, Edgar won't even touch him!!!"[/quote']

And yet i notice that you still didnt give Edgar as your answer, Could it possibly be because you know as well as we do that BJ Penn is the superior fighter and lost that fight due to pig headedness rather then being outmatched... Had BJ decided to finally take that fight to the ground it would have been short work but he wanted to outbox Edgar and failed. I fully admit that and make no excuses, Sinus infection or not.

BJ Penn, 2nd round submission.

Penn puts on the two best performances of his career and shows that he now has cardio by taking the fights into the 4th and 5th rounds, then in the following fight he is gassed in round 1 and looks off before he even walks into the ring. You can call it excuses all you want but Bj's trainer's story of the sinus infection makes a lot of sense. That and the fact that Bj still out struck Edgar tells me Edgar is going to get killed.

Penn puts on the two best performances of his career and shows that he now has cardio by taking the fights into the 4th and 5th rounds' date=' then in the following fight he is gassed in round 1 and looks off before he even walks into the ring. You can call it excuses all you want but Bj's trainer's story of the sinus infection makes a lot of sense. That and the fact that Bj still out struck Edgar tells me Edgar is going to get killed.[/quote']

+1

The striking stats didnt lie, Penn landed more, and equal damage was done. He just got out worked. Then you can say he was taken down 2x..... but what about the other takedowns he stuffed?

+1

The striking stats didnt lie' date=' Penn landed more, and equal damage was done. He just got out worked. Then you can say he was taken down 2x..... but what about the other takedowns he stuffed?[/quote']

He also failed to achieve top position in the first take down. And I disagree about being outworked as I don't consider bouncing from side to side work.

He also failed to achieve top position in the first take down. And I disagree about being outworked as I don't consider bouncing from side to side work.

True, i guess all i meant was: Penn looked tired, while Edgar looked bouncy. Which is wierd considering Penn's last 3 fights

Archived