Sonnen really has no chance...Or does he

britishranger

If you converted Silva vs Sonnen into a football match it would be Barcelona vs Charlton Athletic, If it where Rugby it would be the All Blacks vs Argentina .In both these games you would say Charlton and Argentina had no chance whatsoever and 99 times out of 100 both teams would be roundly beaten. However in the real Match up Silva vs Sonnen its a fight so anything can and usually does happen........... However I just think Sonnen really does not stand a hope in hell after watching a few of his fights over and over again. Hopers are saying "Oh but Silva has never faced a wrestler like Sonnen" Well is Sonnen as good a wrestler as Hendo?? No I dont think so. The others say Sonnen will not stop walking forwards ,Well that would be suicide against a devastating striker like Silva. I know there is a lack of real competition in the MW division but surely White and co could have brought a better striker to the table like Belcher or even Bisping two men who would at least be able to strike with Silva in the hope they could land one

Explain to me in what area you think Chael could win the fight in. Silva is the best striker in the MW division probably MMA as a whole, He is a black belt BJJ under the Nog brothers ,He knocks out Big LHWs just because he can and there is talk of him fighting a man the size and stature like Brock Lesnar. So tell me how a man that has never FINISHED a fight that he has won is going to beat the pound for pound best fighter on the planet???

Oh yeah and he is angry and out to prove a point and then there is Sonnens disrespect

Explain to me in what area you think Chael could win the fight in. Silva is the best striker in the MW division probably MMA as a whole' date=' He is a black belt BJJ under the Nog brothers ,He knocks out Big LHWs just because he can and there is talk of him fighting a man the size and stature like Brock Lesnar. So tell me how a man that has never FINISHED a fight that he has won is going to beat the pound for pound best fighter on the planet???

[/quote']

Really, you need to ask that - obviously wrestling and GNP - did you see the Marquart fight? - BTW he should be on your list

If you converted Silva vs Sonnen into a football match it would be Barcelona vs Charlton Athletic' date=' If it where Rugby it would be the All Blacks vs Argentina .In both these games you would say Charlton and Argentina had no chance whatsoever and 99 times out of 100 both teams would be roundly beaten. However in the real Match up Silva vs Sonnen its a fight so anything can and usually does happen........... However I just think Sonnen really does not stand a hope in hell after watching a few of his fights over and over again. Hopers are saying "Oh but Silva has never faced a wrestler like Sonnen" Well is Sonnen as good a wrestler as Hendo?? No I dont think so. The others say Sonnen will not stop walking forwards ,Well that would be suicide against a devastating striker like Silva. I know there is a lack of real competition in the MW division but surely White and co could have brought a better striker to the table like Belcher or even Bisping two men who would at least be able to strike with Silva in the hope they could land one[/quote']

bisping wouldnt stand a chance standing up even if silva didnt throw a punch the whole first round

Honestly, why would you ever want to put a striker up against silva and hope for the best. Its not going to work because he's a monster standing up. On the ground however i think he's weak. Look at the lydle fight where he got an upkick that essentially won the fight not the submition that he was given credit for. A ground n pounder like sonnen will have a good chance at beating silva (As good a chance as any).

Honestly' date=' why would you ever want to put a striker up against silva and hope for the best. Its not going to work because he's a monster standing up. On the ground however i think he's weak. Look at the lydle fight where he got an upkick that essentially won the fight not the submition that he was given credit for. A ground n pounder like sonnen will have a good chance at beating silva (As good a chance as any).[/quote']

Weak on the ground????? Have you watched Silva fights? He's awesome on the ground, maybe even better than Sonnen. Just because his loses have been by submission (almost 6 years ago) and he's so good on his feet he'd rather fight there doesn't mean he don't have a ground game. Where thats all Sonnen brings to the table, of course Sonnen has a chance but frankly I rate, and I'm sure most people would, Silva over Sonnen in all aspects.

Hope Belfort gets better soon as that would be an awesome fight.

Explain to me in what area you think Chael could win the fight in. Silva is the best striker in the MW division probably MMA as a whole' date=' He is a black belt BJJ under the Nog brothers ,He knocks out Big LHWs just because he can and there is talk of him fighting a man the size and stature like Brock Lesnar. So tell me how a man that has never FINISHED a fight that he has won is going to beat the pound for pound best fighter on the planet???

[b']Oh yeah and he is angry and out to prove a point and then there is Sonnens disrespect[/b]

Which fighter is that? I heard a while back that fans wanted to get Fedor and Anderson in the cage together, but of course Fedor and Anderson are still on contracts with different companys. Or though that would be the greatest fight in MMA history, and as much as I love Anderson you'd have to give that fight to Fedor. But yeah who else have they talked about him fighting?

If you converted Silva vs Sonnen into a football match it would be Barcelona vs Charlton Athletic' date=' If it where Rugby it would be the All Blacks vs Argentina .In both these games you would say Charlton and Argentina had no chance whatsoever and 99 times out of 100 both teams would be roundly beaten. However in the real Match up Silva vs Sonnen its a fight so anything can and usually does happen........... However I just think Sonnen really does not stand a hope in hell after watching a few of his fights over and over again. Hopers are saying "Oh but Silva has never faced a wrestler like Sonnen" Well is Sonnen as good a wrestler as Hendo?? No I dont think so. The others say Sonnen will not stop walking forwards ,Well that would be suicide against a devastating striker like Silva. I know there is a lack of real competition in the MW division but surely White and co could have brought a better striker to the table like Belcher or even Bisping two men who would at least be able to strike with Silva in the hope they could land one[/quote']

too bad this isnt a football match you tool

this fight will be exciting because sonnen will engage silva no matter how silva chooses to dance

How are Silva Fights not exciting? Other than the preformance he put on at UFC 112 he always has good fights. You can't blame him for the Leites fight as he fought to win and Thales was being *****. But yeah the UFC 112 performance was disgusting. Otherwise his fights are pure awesome, even more exciting than Jon Jones.

I would say a strong wrestler with a large gas tank and a tough head would be the best option to take down an extremely dominant striker like A.Silva.

If he can LnP on him for a solid round I think Silva will gas. Yes Silva has BJJ on his side but he is the best striker in the division so putting him up against a striker will not get results. This and Sonnen is a tough dude, ive seen him take some great head abuse and get the result.

I think he is great match for Silva and I certainly am not writing him off, but my money would go to Silva.

Finally I want Silva to lose just so he can be the best he can. For example imagine the fighter we would see in this fight if Maia landed a late Sub against him?????

Oh and Maia was BJJ, Sonnen is a wrestler, I know which style I favour for takedowns.

?Otherwise his fights are pure awesome?

It really annoys me how he will dance around for the first few mins observing and throwing nothing, then once he is ready he does this come on hand waving crap as if the other guy has been holding back when most times he hasn?t.

Where is the "no one has a chance against the Spider" option?

That's what I was wondering. Anyway I picked Sonnen not because I think he has a chance because imo he doesn't. just because I can't wait to see Silva Wreck him after all the garbage that's come out of his mouth. Had it not been for that I would say I'd rather see Wandy vs Anderson. Chael should give Brock Lesnar lessons on talking ****. I bet if Brock talked that way about Fedor constantly he'd be in the UFC in no time.

Chael Sonnen by 3rd round TKO.

I think Sonnen is the only man that can beat Anderson Silva at MW.

His wrestling is to much for Silva.

If Silva wins it will be by submission but I don't see it going that way.

Sonnen will be lucky to make it to the mid point of the first round. I keep saying I want Silva to wreck him bad but not too bad. I wanna hear his post fight interveiw and see him at the post fight presser.

Sonnen will be lucky to make it to the mid point of the first round. I keep saying I want Silva to wreck him bad but not too bad. I wanna hear his post fight interveiw and see him at the post fight presser.

Ok,if you put it that way.Sonnen could come out get the takedown and KO Silva before the mid point of the first round.

You can put it either way. It's a fight.

I just think Sonnen has the perfect style to win and I think he will win.

Ok' date='if you put it that way.Sonnen could come out get the takedown and KO Silva before the mid point of the first round.

You can put it either way. It's a fight.

I just think Sonnen has the perfect style to win and I think he will win.[/quote']

The perfect style so to speak that stands the best chance would be someone with great wrestling and great jits. But sonnens jits suck because he thinks that BJJ is a joke and doesn't respect it. Brock Lesnar thought it was a joke too and Frank subbed him. So what did Brock do? He trained sub defense. What does Chael do, bash bjj. He's a tool and I can't wait to see him get whooped. I also cant wait for the post fight interveiw and the presser.

I think Sonnen does have a chance in this fight but only if he can take Silva down at will (not the easiest of tasks) and even then Silva is extremely dangerous off his back.

As over confident as Sonnen seems I don't think he'll be stupid enough to stand with Silva as we all know how that will end up.

I can't say I'm much of Sonnen fan, none of his fights have blown me away and his ****y over confident attitude isn't something that appeals to me. Still, he does have decent wrestling so if he can avoid getting caught standing and can take Silva down then who knows. Personally I'd like to see Silva get the submission off of his back just because of Sonnen's BJJ comments.

The only reason I give Chael on outside chance is because he is a big strong guy with good wrestling and a proven strong chin. In 35 fights he has never been KO'd. I think his chin is good enough to eat a strike or two on his way in for the take down. I think he will get a couple takedowns and put Silva on his back, where Sonnen will probably get submitted.

The ONLY way I see Chael winning this fight is if he can put Silva on his back every round, push him against the cage where it's much harder to work a sub and grind out a decision.

If Silva can keep the fight on the feet or any ground fighting in the middle of the cage he will win it going away.

It'd be fool to say that on the paper he's got any chance, but fighting against Silva has a big, big component of a mind game. You cannot have Bisping on that fight, the weight of his opponent's name would weight too much for him.

The good thing about Sonnen is that he does not seem to be afraid, it's a life time opportunity for him, while just another fight for Silva. I just hope he does not get into the trade game with A.S.

I see no RATIONAL reason to favor Sonnen in this fight.

Sonnen decisions people. He's been submitted numerous times.

Meanwhile..Silva is a murderer...and each round starts standing...

Add to that...that Silva is WAY used to fighting 5 rounds.

Sonnen? Not so much.

Sonnen is tired doing his thing for 3 rounds. Do you honestly think he'll be able to employ this strategy for those final two? Assuming he makes it that far?

I'm sorry kids but barring a Serraesque fluke....Sonnen is getting a WELL deserved beating.

Cheers

-DR

As much as I like Hendo his defense from strikes and submissons are not the greatest. In his last fight Shields had him mounted and was landing ounch after punch on him and all he did was turn to his side and stick one arm striaght up in the air. He could of been baiting him for an arm-bar but I don't think so. And Bisping got destroyed by Hendo and Hendo's stand up is nothing like Silvia. Sonnen will win

They come to snuff the Rooster but he aint gonna die

Sonnen? Not so much.

Sonnen is tired doing his thing for 3 rounds. Do you honestly think he'll be able to employ this strategy for those final two? Assuming he makes it that far?

I'm sorry kids but barring a Serraesque fluke....Sonnen is getting a WELL deserved beating.

Cheers

-DR

In reply to your "Cool saying about Royce. The gracie Family never said he was the best, they thought about using Rickson, or Big John but decided to use Royce. This would show that a skinny, lanky guy could beat anyone as long as he had the right technique.

Sonnen? Not so much.

Cheers

-DR

In reply to your "Cool" saying about Royce. The gracie Family never said he was the best, they thought about using Rickson, or Big John but decided to use Royce. This would show that a skinny, lanky guy could beat anyone as long as he had the right technique.

I think Sonnen does have a chance in this fight but only if he can take Silva down at will (not the easiest of tasks) and even then Silva is extremely dangerous off his back.

As over confident as Sonnen seems I don't think he'll be stupid enough to stand with Silva as we all know how that will end up.

I can't say I'm much of Sonnen fan' date=' none of his fights have blown me away and his ****y over confident attitude isn't something that appeals to me. Still, he does have decent wrestling so if he can avoid getting caught standing and can take Silva down then who knows. Personally I'd like to see Silva get the submission off of his back just because of Sonnen's BJJ comments.[/quote']

decent wrestling?...Fail

Have you ever watched any of his fights!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

decent wrestling?...Fail

Have you ever watched any of his fights!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Try backing up your argument instead of putting "fail" and looking like a tool. I am in no way favouring Sonnen for this fight but you cant argue that the guy is a two time National University Greco Roman Champion and an NCAA Div 1 wrestler ,and so yes DOES HAVE decent wrestling.

Archived