Best athlete ever?

TLC_MaTcH619

ill add a poll when i see whos mentioned most.

some obvious candidates are:

...Tito Ortiz....he will be the UFC LHW once again by UFC 250 and become the most decorated fighter ever...so to be continued.....

MJ

Babe Ruth

Jim Brown

Wayne Gretzky

Ali

Bo Jackson

Pele

Tiger

Jerry Rice

there are really so many to name, only ten poll options.

i assume a lot of people on here watch other sports, so throw some names out there!

Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders

Babe Ruth is a shoo in too.

Dude was 300 lbs, pitched, hit homers without trying, smoked 12 cubans, ate 4 porterhouse steaks and slept with 3 different women daily.....lol

He's literally the polar opposite of a "supposed" athlete, and still dominated....that's gotta take the cake.

Sorry my poll was for greatest now. For greatest ever i would say alexander kraelin who was an absoloute monster just think brock x10.

Good call on the Russian Bear. That's unbelievable dominance.

Edit - wow, I just read up some more on Karelin, and it's astounding. He was born a 15 lb baby....lol. That's double myself. Also said he didn't lose a SINGLE point in competition for 6 straight years till his solo loss in 2000 at Sydney.

Unbelievable.

Just Wikid Conacher and found the greatest sentence I've ever read:

"In 1920, Lionel hit the game-winning home run to give his team the Toronto semipro baseball crown, then promptly took a taxi across the city and scored four goals for his lacrosse team, which was losing 3-0 when he arrived"

Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders

Babe Ruth is a shoo in too.

Dude was 300 lbs' date=' pitched, hit homers without trying, smoked 12 cubans, ate 4 porterhouse steaks and slept with 3 different women daily.....lol

He's literally the polar opposite of a "supposed" athlete, and still dominated....that's gotta take the cake.[/quote']

I will go w/ the Babe > remember Luis Tiant, he would pitch spring-warmups w/ a fat-maduro .. loved it :P

2008_401_0001_luis_tiant_80_1080.jpg6a00d8341c583d53ef00e54f186f458833-640wi.jpg

Good call on the Russian Bear. That's unbelievable dominance.

Edit - wow' date=' I just read up some more on Karelin, and it's astounding. He was born a 15 lb baby....lol. That's double myself. Also said he didn't lose a SINGLE point in competition for 6 straight years till his solo loss in 2000 at Sydney.

Unbelievable.[/quote']

He also had a slam named after him (kraelin lift) which was a version of a lift performed in lighter weight classes but never used in the heavyweight class because it was believed that no heavyweight would have the strength to do it on another heavyweight that was till kraelin came along.

Barry sanders could run opposite of where his hips were going. Thats not just strength thats unnatural' date=' how else do you think he got so many yards so quickly on the NFLs worst franchise in history?[/quote']

Barry Sanders is my favourite player ever in the NFL....but I think Bo has him beat in an overall best athlete poll, based on his 2 sport success.

I'm with ya on Sanders, he was a treat to watch. You imagine what kind of numbers he'd have put up playing for a contender? WOW.

Barry Sanders is my favourite player ever in the NFL....but I think Bo has him beat in an overall best athlete poll' date=' based on his 2 sport success.

I'm with ya on Sanders, he was a treat to watch. You imagine what kind of numbers he'd have put up playing for a contender? WOW.[/quote']

Yep too bad the lions were pricks and wouldnt let him out of his contract

Manute Bol died saturday. he played 10 seasons in the NBA. at 7'7" he's tied for the tallest player in NBA history. he lead the league in blocks and was a defensive force.

Did he really? 76ers baby....

That dude was some kind of skinny.......

I seem to recall Spud Webb actually laid a block on him once. 5'6 on 7'7.....can you confirm?

He also got beat up by William "The Refridgerator" Perry on Celebrity Boxing......lol

I know Manute literally gave all his money he made in the NBA back to his home village and country.

RIP Manute.....

Best wrestler of all-time by a country mile.

Hey' date=' you never got back with an answer to my Fedor question.....:)[/quote']

Yeah, a few years ago a friend of mine told me about him. I immediately googled and youtubed him.

Yes, I did. Check the thread. =)

Yeah' date=' a few years ago a friend of mine told me about him. I immediately googled and youtubed him.

Yes, I did. Check the thread. =)[/quote']

Ooops, missed it, my bad.

I remember watching Karelin in Sydney and Atlanta....sick stuff. I'm sure I would have seen him in 92' as well, but I don't remember......wish I'd followed him more during his heyday.

Not that I think he'd win, but Hershall Walker certainly deserves to be listed among the best pure athletes in the world. Also, unless I missed it Jim Thorpe is another guy who 100% deserves to be in the poll. And Paavo Nurmi should be in there as well...

Archived