fighting weights

TheLumberjack

okay so, ive always wondered what weight people fight at so help me out here and add who ever youd like... im sure other people want to know too so thanks for the help.

so i know lw glesion tibeau fights at 183, bj around 165, and frankie edgar is about 158

ww thiago ALVES 203 gsp 194? sorry bout the mix up

mw dont know any

lhw forrest 230-240 rashad 220

hw lesnar 305 carwin 285

please add, it would answer a lot of questions!

GSP fought Hardy @ 191 pounds and that was the biggest he's ever been. Before that he usually fought at 184.

Brock is around 300.

BJ must be close to 175.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie only cut 4-5 pounds for his fights. He looks like he could fight in FW.

okay so' date=' ive always wondered what weight people fight at so help me out here and add who ever youd like... im sure other people want to know too so thanks for the help.

so i know lw glesion tibeau fights at 183

[b']ww thiago silva 203 [/b]gsp 194?

mw dont know any

hw lesnar 305 carwin 285

please add, it would answer a lot of questions!

Do you mean, Paulo Thiago?

BJ walks around at 165 he had to go gain weight to get to welterweight. Brock doesn't walk around at 305 he barely makes 290. And with Carwin it said in one of the MMA mags it said that he walks around at 298 yeah i know this sounds weird but its true. But Lesnar does look bigger.

GSP fought Hardy @ 191 pounds and that was the biggest he's ever been. Before that he usually fought at 184.

Brock is around 300.

BJ must be close to 175.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie only cut 4-5 pounds for his fights. He looks like he could fight in FW.

ok completley off think about it gaining 35 pound in one day are you on shrooms it's almost physically impossible lesnar comes in at around 285 290 max its the day after you cut weight you fight losing 35 pound of water would almost force you to pass out thats 12 percent body weight in a day no cant happen lesnar comes in at about 285 and penn at about 165

ok completley off think about it gaining 35 pound in one day are you on shrooms it's almost physically impossible lesnar comes in at around 285 290 max its the day after you cut weight you fight losing 35 pound of water would almost force you to pass out thats 12 percent body weight in a day no cant happen lesnar comes in at about 285 and penn at about 165

are you 1/2 re-tarted? space out your sentences nut lick. And "walks around" means when your not cutting weight... noob.

Alves walks around 183. He's ranked in the P4P best.

okay so' date=' ive always wondered what weight people fight at so help me out here and add who ever youd like... im sure other people want to know too so thanks for the help.

so i know lw glesion tibeau fights at 183, bj around 165, and frankie edgar is about 158

ww thiago ALVES 203 gsp 194? sorry bout the mix up

mw dont know any

hw lesnar 305 carwin 285

please add, it would answer a lot of questions![/quote']

Umm no. You are right about Gleison Tibau, BJ Penn, and Frankie Edgar.

Thiago Alves usually weighs around 198-200lbs. come fight time. GSP weighs 192lbs. now, whereas he use to weigh only 185lbs., as he thought that a tremendous weight cut would mess up his endurance, but that changed after he saw a dietician, whom could help him with the weight cut.

As for the MW's, I believe that Nate Marquardt is one of the biggest, at I believe 210lbs. come fight time. I'm not too sure about that weight. Akiyama is the smallest at 192lbs. come fight time, as Japanese fighters don't believe in cutting as much weight.

You are right about Forrest Griffin too. That dude is gigantic come fight time, as Rampage found out when he tried to grapple with him. Not too sure about Rashad even weighing 220lbs., as he looks extremely lean from his days on the UF.

Lesnar stated himself that he usually fights around 290+ lbs. come fight time. He doesn't weigh 305lbs. come fight time. He weighs that much just walking around at home, sucking down steaks as often as he does. Carwin stated that he weighs between 275-280lbs.

Cutting weight gives an advantage in being larger then your opponent, but you give up stamina to do so, so the benefits depend on your style of fighting. For a wrestler it's a good idea IMHO, as you can take down the smaller man, and use your weight to tire them out. For strikers I don't see it as the biggest advantage, as the weight cut will affect your stamina and speed in the later rounds. Not that there shouldn't be a weight cut, but it shouldn't be as ridiculous as some of these fighters are doing (Such as Gleison, Anthony Johnson, and Alves).

Archived