Anyone else feel like Jardine was robbed?

SwiftSpear

I don't really remember the fight being THAT close. It kinda reminded me of a slower less impressive BJ vs Frankie fight. I honestly though Jardine had all 3 rounds. The point deduction was questionable too, although the result would have been the same.

Meh, I guess never leave it to the judges, but it kind of still feels like they were setting up Jardine for the loss. With the Hammil movie coming out soon and what not.

Honestly I didn't see the fight, I was so mad I missed it....I wish I could still see it, I wanted Keith to win, he has always been a very entertaining fighter, and he will scrap with anyone, I wouldn't put it past them to do what you suggest, he may have been a victim in some plan, if he had knocked him out though....there would be no question of which fighter really won. I would love to see Jardine fight again though....I hope he's not done with the UFC.

As i do admit jardine did do a very good job...i still think its a right decision. You gotta keep in mind what the judges see...they see the mouthpiece of Jardine flying outta his mouth and they think..wow he must of been hit hard. They also see Jardins face not even looking much like a face. So if you look at all the things that are happening it doesn't seem so far off that Hamil won

Here's the problem with MMA, it's not the refs (although they could use some work), it's the judges. That's why Dana always says don't leave it in the hands of the judges. There are no set standards in MMA when it comes to points scored. Your judge might have a background in boxing, so what do you think they are going to score on? Or Bjj or wrestling. It's too subjective. Do I think Jardine got robbed? No. Do I think it could of gone either way? Yes.

I gave Jardine 1 and 3 for sure, 2 I thought could have gone either way. I guess that's why I didn't like the decision :P

I didn't think the takedowns really did anything for Hamil, and I kept seeing Jardine landing punches on Hamill's face with little or no answer. I don't dispute that Hamill did more damage, and in that regard I'm not really complaining about the decision, but I still kinda feel under the MMA rules that I'm familiar with Jardine either tied or won the fight.

Archived