What the **** is with judges.

DannyJay

After watching the judges call the varner - shalorus fight a draw, I am absolutely livid. These judging situation needs to be fixed, and the first step to doing so is giving each judge some monitors.

Ideally, if each judge had 3 monitor with different and unchanging angles, these fights with athletes that match up so closely would be decided much more accurately.

After watching the judges call the varner - shalorus fight a draw' date=' I am absolutely livid. These judging situation needs to be fixed, and the first step to doing so is giving each judge some monitors.

Ideally, if each judge had 3 monitor with different and unchanging angles, these fights with athletes that match up so closely would be decided much more accurately.[/quote']

phew glad i didn't watch

Why? It was a REALLY good fight. The entire card was awesome. AND it was free.

I bet it was. I will watch tomorrow. I've tried to cram every MMA event in that I'm physically awake for. I let this one slide. I figured someone would post what happened.

for once i actually think it could have been the right call.

one of the judges scored it 29-27 shalarus (kamal winning all three rounds minus the point deduction)

the way i see it, varner had the first, kamal had the third, but they were beating each other up pretty bad

2nd round could have been anybodies. i think shalarus got the better of the exchange, but it was close

it's hard to say it was a fair call after seeing the guy get kicked in the gonads three times, but for once i actually don't find flaws in cecil peoples decision. whoever scored it 29-27 shalarus is the one that dropped the ball

After watching the judges call the varner - shalorus fight a draw' date=' I am absolutely livid. These judging situation needs to be fixed, and the first step to doing so is giving each judge some monitors.

Ideally, if each judge had 3 monitor with different and unchanging angles, these fights with athletes that match up so closely would be decided much more accurately.[/quote']

Every judge sees the fight in their own eyes. What one judge sees another judge might not. Judges are a significant part of this sport whether you like them or not.

I think Shalarus got the 2nd because the amount of back-pedaling Varner did in the second half of the round. I think he figured he had the round won and didn't want anything to happen that would make him lose the round. Pulled a, who was that, Kalib Starnes? (The running part, not the trying to win the round part)

Archived