Top 10 P4P Outside the UFC

TheMainEvent89

I want to hear your opinions about the top 10 P4P fighters outside the UFC.

Heres mine:

1. Fedor Emelianenko

2. Jose Aldo

3. Jake Shields

4. Alistair Overeem

5. Dan Henderson

6. Nick Diaz

7. Gilbert Melendez

8. Muhammed Lawal

9. Ben Henderson

10. Gegard Mousasi

Pretty good names.....you've got Overeem WAY too high. He'd be 7 or 8. Hendo is also too high. Diaz should be in the 4 spot. And you're missing Werdum. He's ahead of Overeem no matter how you slice it.

Overall, pretty solid list.

Pretty good names.....you've got Overeem WAY too high. He'd be 7 or 8. Hendo is also too high. Diaz should be in the 4 spot. And you're missing Werdum. He's ahead of Overeem no matter how you slice it.

Overall' date=' pretty solid list.[/quote']

I was really impressed how Overeem took out Rodgers, and he is the SF champ, thats pretty much why I have him up that high. I think Hendo just had a bad fight against Shields and that he still belongs up there, and Werdum i agree with you i think he could be put anywhere from 4-10 on that list

Heres mine:

1. Fedor Emelianenko

2. Jose Aldo

3. Jake Shields

4. Alistair Overeem

5. Dan Henderson

6. Nick Diaz

7. Gilbert Melendez

8. Muhammed Lawal

9. Ben Henderson

10. Gegard Mousasi

Where's Kimbo? He would Beat everyone on that list anywhere the fight goes.

1. Jose Aldo

2. Jake Shields

3. Nick Diaz

4. Alistair Overeem

5. Fedor Emelianenko

6. Gilbert Melendez

7. Dominick Cruz

8. Muhammed Lawal

9. Gegard Mousasi (or Werdum, tough call)

10. Joseph Benavidez

Mine ^

Inc bashing for having Fedor that low, but imo he is not active enough or has fought a high level of competition for the past few years to be ranked higher than 5. No doubt he was once the best p4p fighter in the world, but that time has passed.

1. Jose Aldo

2. Jake Shields

3. Nick Diaz

4. Alistair Overeem

5. Fedor Emelianenko

6. Gilbert Melendez

7. Dominick Cruz

8. Muhammed Lawal

9. Gegard Mousasi (or Werdum' date=' tough call)

10. Joseph Benavidez

Mine ^

Inc bashing for having Fedor that low, but imo he is not active enough or has fought a high level of competition for the past few years to be ranked higher than 5. No doubt he was once the best p4p fighter in the world, but that time has passed.[/quote']

there is absolutely no way to justify not having him number one.

Heres mine:

1. Fedor Emelianenko

2. Jose Aldo

3. Jake Shields

4. Alistair Overeem

5. Dan Henderson

6. Nick Diaz

7. Gilbert Melendez

8. Muhammed Lawal

9. Ben Henderson

10. Gegard Mousasi

Aoki should be in there somewhere. He got smashed by Melendez but he is still top 10 outside the UFC. I would take Lawal out of there. He is still a little green, and getting destroyed form the bottom by Mousasi didn't impress me. Even though he did wrestle his way to victory.

there is absolutely no way to justify not having him number one.

He looked awful in the Rogers fight (who got absolutely tooled by Overeem, plus this fight was November '09, his last fight before that was in Jan '09, hardly making 2 fights a year and you want me to have him topping the list?, actually he has only fought 4 times in the past 3 years..), we will see how he does against Werdum.

^To TLC

Aoki over Melendez man?

Shinya is one of my favorites' date=' but he got absolutely raped by Melendez.[/quote']

you're right, Melendez should be on that list.

i would probably take out Lombard now that i think about it, but i've been very impressed by him.

i like where Aoki is though, Cruz is up there.

Thanks for your responses guys, i guess we pretty much have the same lists other than a few guys but thats debatable, Id love to see some of these guys come to the UFC and fight their top competition, Personally i really wanna see Jose Aldo move up to LW and fight BJ Penn if he can beat edgar, that would be a great fight id hav aldo winning by tko

1 Fedor Emelianenko

2 Jose Aldo

3 Gilbert Melendez

4 Jake Shields

5 Alistair Overeem

6 Shinyi Aoki

7 Nick Diaz

8 Fabricio Werdum

9 Eddie Alvarez

10 Joseph Benevidaz

absolutely amazing how 9 (t)ko career loss overeem can be rated over werdum, barnett & silva ... astounding :rolleyes:

look at his record, who has he beat ?

both tested positive for steriods' date=' both don't deserve to be on [b']my[/b] p4p list.

well, I didn't actually see them take steroids so no comment .. but look at overeems record >

rogers looks decent vs fedor, overeem gets a ref-stoppage & becomes godz-gift to hw-mma :rolleyes:

amazing .. 11 loss/ 7 by (t)ko Badr Hari kicked his head off in the '09 GP final ... hellooo ?

well' date=' I didn't actually see them take steroids so no comment .. but look at overeems record >

rogers looks decent vs fedor, overeem gets a ref-stoppage & becomes godz-gift to hw-mma :rolleyes:

amazing .. 11 loss/ 7 by (t)ko Badr Hari kicked his head off in the '09 GP final ... hellooo ?[/quote']

so what you're telling me is

werdum > overeem?

amazing .. 11 loss/ 7 by (t)ko Badr Hari kicked his head off in the '09 GP final ... hellooo ?

To Overeem's credit... he took that kick square on the jaw and stayed standing, albeit with the help of the ropes(which is why the fight was called). His record against Badr Hari is 1 - 1 in K1.

To Overeem's credit... he took that kick square on the jaw and stayed standing' date=' albeit with the help of the ropes(which is why the fight was called). His record against Badr Hari is 1 - 1 in K1.[/quote']

he was dropped w/ a left hook before that, (every time I post those K-1 gifs, they evaporate)

... 1 & 1 sounds right

What don't people get about making top p4p lists? It's not a competition of "who was the best" and "who has beaten the best", it's how good they are now. So many fighters vastly improve or dwindle away, so you really can't still be going by things they did years ago.

Archived