Anderson's Dancing around.

Acedaddy

I don't know what all the fuss is about when Anderson danced around Maia. YES It got boring. 100% totally agree with that. But that doesn't make him less of a fighter. The one's complaining about it obviously didn't remember 1oz of the beating he gave Maia prior to his dancing. Anderson is without a doubt a badass. He stays totally relaxed & still hands fighter after fighter a beating. For example....Forest. He made Forest look like a five year old swinging at a grown man. Anderson likes likes to win & embarass who he is fighting. Nothing wrong with that. It is boring but also funny. The only reason Dana is mad is because of the first impression it gave aubi dahbi. I think Anderson is way more exciting to watch than GSP & GSP USED TO BE one of my favorite fighters until he started laying on the guys the whole fight. Chuck is still my fighter regardless of his losing streak simply because he fights & even with losses he did everything he could to entertain us. He showed up to fight not wrestle. Same as Anderson.

I don't know what all the fuss is about when Anderson danced around Maia. YES It got boring. 100% totally agree with that. But that doesn't make him less of a fighter. The one's complaining about it obviously didn't remember 1oz of the beating he gave Maia prior to his dancing. Anderson is without a doubt a badass. He stays totally relaxed & still hands fighter after fighter a beating. For example....Forest. He made Forest look like a five year old swinging at a grown man. Anderson likes likes to win & embarass who he is fighting. Nothing wrong with that. It is boring but also funny. The only reason Dana is mad is because of the first impression it gave aubi dahbi. I think Anderson is way more exciting to watch than GSP & GSP USED TO BE one of my favorite fighters until he started laying on the guys the whole fight. Chuck is still my fighter regardless of his losing streak simply because he fights & even with losses he did everything he could to entertain us. He showed up to fight not wrestle. Same as Anderson.

All you wrote about Silva is BS imho...I'm not paying big dollar to watch a guy talk **** to the guy he's fighting during the fight it self... Do is as much as you want before and after the fight... but not DURING the fight... that's just silly!... furthermore I'm NOT paying big dollar to watch a guy jumping around doing nothing.. he even slipped during his monkey business at one point.. Silva got tired... and Maia was beaten before he even entered the cage.. if he wasn't though it would have been a different story..

one thing is for sure... Silva is not worth the GSP fight...

All you wrote about Silva is BS imho...I'm not paying big dollar to watch a guy talk **** to the guy he's fighting during the fight it self... Do is as much as you want before and after the fight... but not DURING the fight... that's just silly!... furthermore I'm NOT paying big dollar to watch a guy jumping around doing nothing.. he even slipped during his monkey business at one point.. Silva got tired... and Maia was beaten before he even entered the cage.. if he wasn't though it would have been a different story..

Then don't order his fights & STFU.

Then don't order his fights & STFU.

what's up with people making everything personal?

The reason I buy the PPV's with him is that I KNOW what he can do and I want to see it.. I don't wanna see him goofing around like a "dancing with the stars"-kinda guy... what he did against Maia for the majority of the fight was not MMA and it was not the money's worth.. and if you think so... then you might be one of the only people that do

GTFO with that ****. More like GSP couldn't hold Silva's jock Dana knows Anderson would beat up his little poster boy so he's keeping them as far from each other as possible. I would bet money that GSP moves to MW even just for 1 fight within the first 6 months of Anderson moving to LHW.

The reason I buy the PPV's with him is that I KNOW what he can do and I want to see it.. I don't wanna see him goofing around like a "dancing with the stars"-kinda guy... what he did against Maia for the majority of the fight was not MMA and it was not the money's worth.. and if you think so... then you might be one of the only people that do

And he is the only one to put on a boring show???

And here is an excuse. Go ahead & give me the excuse that will be used when Chael gets his **** whipped.

it's not an excuse.. it's the truth... Maia was gunshy against silva because he knows what he's capable of... and I've no relationship with Maia as an mma fight what so ever... I don't care if he got KO'd or won tbh...

And as far as the big bucks go, do you really pay the full amount for the ppv and watch it by yourself? Or do you and some buddy's throwdown 5 or 10 a piece? Cuz that's not top dollar or big bucks. That's a 12 pack.

And as far as the big bucks go' date=' do you really pay the full amount for the ppv and watch it by yourself? Or do you and some buddy's throwdown 5 or 10 a piece? Cuz that's not top dollar or big bucks. That's a 12 pack.[/quote']

if you stack up all the PPV's that's been in the past years-... It's going to add up eventually and no! I don't buy them all by my self

if you stack up all the PPV's that's been in the past years-... It's going to add up eventually and no! I don't buy them all by my self

And have they all been 100% bad no. ? If that's the case I pay big bucks for food,soda,beer,smokes(prices are outrageous I miss $2.00 marlboro's) clothes ect.

I never said that... but it was boring.. yes

Look.. Don't try and put words in my mouth

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Just making a point & obviously you are one those people that are ragging about the dancing or you wouldn't have responded to this thread negatively. All I am doing is arguing my point with no disrespect. Besides another good point is he did that drastically one fight. And now he's known as the fighter that dances the whole fight. See my point tho?

And have they all been 100% bad no. ? If that's the case I pay big bucks for food' date='soda,beer,smokes(prices are outrageous I miss $2.00 marlboro's) clothes ect.[/quote']

let me put it in another way... do you pay to watch people dance around and put a verbal beating on his oponent during the fight or would you rather see him K him the F out because we all know that Anderson is capable of that at any point during the fight? the only thing Maia had on Silva was BJJ.. Forrest is a better striker than maia and Anderson tooled him around

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Just making a point & obviously you are one those people that are ragging about the dancing or you wouldn't have responded to this thread negatively. All I am doing is arguing my point with no disrespect. Besides another good point is he did that drastically one fight. And now he's known as the fighter that dances the whole fight. See my point tho?

yes that point I can see :) though I still think he got tired in Abu D and started to dance to look "better" than Maia but it made him look like a jerk... :) yes ofc Maia should have taken the leather to Silva/or tried to put him on the ground... which he didn't which is why I have a feeling that Maia was already beaten before the fight ever started...

let me put it in another way... do you pay to watch people dance around and put a verbal beating on his oponent during the fight or would you rather see him K him the F out because we all know that Anderson is capable of that at any point during the fight? the only thing Maia had on Silva was BJJ.. Forrest is a better striker than maia and Anderson tooled him around

I was actually entertained by it. Just like GSP fans say they are entertained with his "wrestling" because it's great grappling on his part. I was entertained by Anderson because he showed his supperioritty in the striking game. For a man to be able to drop his hands and move like that it's poetry in motion.

Who cares if he dances!

The man is the most talented fighter on the planet! If he wants to go out there and dominate while moonwalking or jumping rope it doesn't matter. All it does is show me that the #1 fighter in the world can LITERALLY do anything he wants while he's in a fight' date=' and still dominate.[/quote']

^^THIS EXACTLY. That is what makes Anderson a badass.

Who cares if he dances!

The man is the most talented fighter on the planet! If he wants to go out there and dominate while moonwalking or jumping rope it doesn't matter. All it does is show me that the #1 fighter in the world can LITERALLY do anything he wants while he's in a fight' date=' and still dominate.[/quote']

This it where my/Rogan's and alot of other people's "Silva got tired"- theory comes into play.. I'm not saying he WAS tired... it's just a theory :)

This it where my/Rogan's and alot of other people's "Silva got tired"- theory comes into play.. I'm not saying he WAS tired... it's just a theory :)

I think he was too. I really think Anderson underestimated Maia's chin & wore himself down. But he kept his feet moving so he wouldn't risk getting taken down. That doesn't mean he should get the treatment he is getting from Dana & all the haters out there.

Silva hasn't had to go 100% in probably 3 years or better. To say that he was tired is complete B.S.

Silva was mocking Maia and toying with him plan and simple, The minute Maia tried to shoot and Silva stuffed it, he knew he could do whatever he wanted.

I think he was too. I really think Anderson underestimated Maia's chin & wore himself down. But he kept his feet moving so he wouldn't risk getting taken down. That doesn't mean he should get the treatment he is getting from Dana & all the haters out there.

After having this discussion I'm kinda torn between the two :P

Get out of my head!!! everything u just said is what i think too, even the gsp and chuck things.

All of you bring up very good points about Silva, GSP and such, but I am having mixed feelings towards the situation. To me, Anderson Silva is the pound for pound greatest fighter in MMA, he has thrown beatings towards men, that NO ONE could EVER accomplish. Where i think that is his strength, is also his fall. What the UFC has to offer Silva, is nothing. He's litterally destroyed every fighter they have thrown at him with no competion. I don't think Forrest's carreer will ever be the same after what Silva did to him, I mean he litterally ran away from the ring after that beating, I lost respect for Forrest, because of that, and how he said he would break Silva. The whole dancing thing, in my opinion, his Silva's way of telling Dana that he is sick of the people he is throwing at him, It's almost disrepctful to him that they are giving people like this to fight him, and I think that pisses off Dana becuase he wants Silva to knock out every guy and make him money. Silva refuses to "put on a show" against these fighters who constantly disrespect him, and end up getting destroyed, so he dances and showboats to prove a point that says he wants someone better. Silva has constantly said he wants pepole like GSP and Frank Mir, but if Dana gives those to him, and he does to them like he did Forrest, where does that put the UFC? That gives someone the ranking, to go do whatever they want with, and Dana would have no control over it. SILVA WANTS A CHALLENGE. So I think Dana puts these **** talkers to go fight him, because in all reality, lets face it, everyone wants a GRUDGE match, for there to be drama, and Silva ain't about it. Everyone WILL see that Silva is a complete monster, It'll be a first round KO, because it won't go to the ground. Chael will be Forrest in this situation. Don't underestimate him, I believe Silva wants to prove a point with this fight...he's gonna knock him out. Watch.

Don't underestimate him' date=' I believe Silva wants to prove a point with this fight...he's gonna knock him out. Watch.[/quote']

If he does that, fine, I am wrong and will retract my opinion... If he loses or wins some boring and indecisive split decision, then it's a different story...

But honestly you can't lie he can be disrespectful. Maia even said in an interview that Anderson was swearing at him during the fight, seriously? IMO I think he is a good fighter. I think there are people in UFC that could beat him, but i also think he shouldnt be so disrespectful during the fight, say whatever u want after or before but during is messed up. The worst part is Maia started catching him with some hits, Anderson should have finished him.

he did it against BJ to make him gas and quit, which worked. He was pounding Alves and working for better positions until he PULLED HIS GROIN so if he wanted to win that fight there wasn't much more he could do, and against Hardy he constantly went for submissions and caught him in two that would have made most people in the world tap.

Oh, and Maia respected Silva? No. As i recall he said he was gonna beat Anderson. He showed NO RESPECT towards Anderson. And looked what happened. silva was simply upset about this, and people talked so much trash at about how Silva was gonna get submitted. No. You can't even say that, besides, silva apologized to the fans and to damien after the fight was done, and said that it would never happen again. Maia got we he wanted and respectfully deserved. Don't talk trash when you have a glass jaw. Simple.

Oh' date=' and Maia respected Silva? No. As i recall he said he was gonna beat Anderson. He showed NO RESPECT towards Anderson. And looked what happened. silva was simply upset about this, and people talked so much trash at about how Silva was gonna get submitted. No. You can't even say that, besides, silva apologized to the fans and to damien after the fight was done, and said that it would never happen again. Maia got we he wanted and respectfully deserved. Don't talk trash when you have a glass jaw. Simple.[/quote']

Couple things here. Trash talk outside the cage is generally accpeted, though sometimes frowned upon. But disrespect during a fight, while the fight clock is winding down, is the ultimate show of disrespect. Do you fight? If you did, you'd know this.

Anyway, Maia said that he was called "The Spider" so he will submit him and take a leg home with him. Maybe a bit disrespectful, but Anderson went on to cry about how Maia said he had better Jits than himself, he didn't cry about the leg thing. Thing is, if Silva knew that he had better Jits than Maia, why did he almost shi* bricks whenever Maia grabbed hold of him. Why was he so afraid to go to the ground?

And lastly, Silva didn't apologize, Soares translated the bullshi* he knew the people wanted to hear

I do agree with you, yes I fight, but have yet to come across drama like this. The thing I feel about it is, he shouldn't of talked **** in the first place, if he didn't it would of been a good fight with no disrespect. The thing I've learned about silva is he lets his actions speak louder than words. He didn't talk trash to maia until he was in the ring, and found out this kid was a joke. Everyone hyped up this fight about how silva was gonna get sumbitted. Silva simply proved a point, but probably took it a little tooooooooo far. Also, Silva fought his game. He's not afraid to go to the ground, he didn't **** a brick. He fights the fight towards his side, why go to the ground when you're %85 precision striking, and the most dangerous striker in the world? Why? That wouldn't make any sense. That's equivelant to saying my opponent is a better sumbitter than I am, so i should be nice and go hug with him a little bit. No. Or a baskerball player saying, I have a 30% three point shooting rating, so I'm going to take nothing but threes this entire game. That's not how it works.

I do agree with you' date=' yes I fight, but have yet to come across drama like this. The thing I feel about it is, he shouldn't of talked **** in the first place, if he didn't it would of been a good fight with no disrespect. The thing I've learned about silva is he lets his actions speak louder than words. He didn't talk trash to maia until he was in the ring, and found out this kid was a joke. Everyone hyped up this fight about how silva was gonna get sumbitted. Silva simply proved a point, but probably took it a little tooooooooo far. Also, Silva fought his game. He's not afraid to go to the ground, he didn't **** a brick. He fights the fight towards his side,[b'] why go to the ground when you're %85 precision striking, and the most dangerous striker in the world? Why? That wouldn't make any sense.[/b] That's equivelant to saying my opponent is a better sumbitter than I am, so i should be nice and go hug with him a little bit. No. Or a baskerball player saying, I have a 30% three point shooting rating, so I'm going to take nothing but threes this entire game. That's not how it works.

Well he supposedly thought that he was so much better than Maia on the ground that it shouldn't have mattered.

And no, it's like saying your a better submitter than your opponent is, but you still don't take it to the ground, like what Silva said and didn't do.

And really, at one point when Maia grabbed hold of him, Silva shook so fast and just wanted to GTFO of there cause he really knows Maia has the better Jits, Silva is just a drama queen

Lmao. Silva doens't talk ****? So how would that make him a drama queen. He ADVOIDS trash talking.as for the shaking part, he does this all the time. Why go to someone who's a little ***** who's sad enough to lay on his back!?! It's humiliating to the sport, and to Silva. I would have done the same thing. He got destroyed. The dude is completely embarresed. He has his credits on the ground, he sumbitted Dan Hendo with ease, something that people have failed to do over and over. Not saying hendo and maia are on the same level, becuase their not. Bottomline, he demolished him, and could've easily ended the fight at anytime he pleased but felt remorse for maia. I don't understand the point you are trying to prove? That Silva is garbage, or what? That he's not a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu, that he can't fight onthe ground? Cuz from what i understand, that was one of the most one-sided fights I've EVER seen. youre the type of person who thinks GSP would whip Silva's ****? Am i right?

Lmao. Silva doens't talk ****? So how would that make him a drama queen. He ADVOIDS trash talking.as for the shaking part' date=' he does this all the time. Why go to someone who's a little ***** who's sad enough to lay on his back!?! It's humiliating to the sport, and to Silva. I would have done the same thing. He got destroyed. The dude is completely embarresed. He has his credits on the ground, he sumbitted Dan Hendo with ease, something that people have failed to do over and over. Not saying hendo and maia are on the same level, becuase their not. Bottomline, he demolished him, and could've easily ended the fight at anytime he pleased but felt remorse for maia. I don't understand the point you are trying to prove? That Silva is garbage, or what? That he's not a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu, that he can't fight onthe ground? Cuz from what i understand, that was one of the most one-sided fights I've EVER seen. youre the type of person who thinks GSP would whip Silva's ****? Am i right?[/quote']

OMG, you really need to lake of the Coke, be it the drug or caffine. Firstly, no, I think Silva would wreck GSP. Second. Silva doesn't exactly talk shi* to and about his opponents, but he's known to say a bunch of crap and cry and blah blah balh, hence drama queen, not shi* talker, there is a difference here. Third, my point was if Silva thought he was so much better in the Jits, then he should have proved it. He should have proved that Maia was not on his level and made him eat his words by submitting him. Fourth, that was not such a one-sided fight, it was hardly a fight at all on either end, so I don't see how you can say he demolished him.

Okay, now i see where the drama thing you see. yeah I can agree, he does take stuff way out of porportion with the whole screaming, cursing inside the cage. Yeah. Where i see the differnt view is that he did prove what he needed, game plan was not to go to the ground, and keep safe from a submision. He knocked Maia around like a ragdoll the whole fight. hence the demolished. It was a boring fight, only cuz Maia made it that way, he tried to standup, and got shut down, he got scared. Maia was scared. scared, scared, scared. It's very dissapointing to see a world class fighter act like that, when YOU fall to the ground repeatedly on purpose, you should be fired. Not Silva. He did what he had to do, and won the fight with ease. It was no effort towards Silva. That's why he has another fight soo sooooon.

I would rather pay for 2 rounds of asskicking & three rounds of dodging & dancing over five rounds of lay & pray.

I wont pay for either. Neither GSP or Silva will be able to get my PPV money anymore. If it turns out the next day that they were beat i will probably watch it online somewhere for free, but otherwise i have no interest in seeing either guy fight anymore.

I was actually entertained by it. Just like GSP fans say they are entertained with his "wrestling" because it's great grappling on his part. I was entertained by Anderson because he showed his supperioritty in the striking game. For a man to be able to drop his hands and move like that it's poetry in motion.

LOL not when he does it against a pure BJJ guy like Maia it isnt. If he was able to pull that crap with Belfort i would be amazed. Doing it against a guy with no striking skill whatsoever is not impressive in the least.

Lmao. Silva doens't talk ****? So how would that make him a drama queen. He ADVOIDS trash talking.as for the shaking part' date=' he does this all the time. Why go to someone who's a little ***** who's sad enough to lay on his back!?! It's humiliating to the sport, and to Silva. I would have done the same thing. He got destroyed. The dude is completely embarresed. He has his credits on the ground, he sumbitted Dan Hendo with ease, something that people have failed to do over and over. Not saying hendo and maia are on the same level, becuase their not. Bottomline, he demolished him, and could've easily ended the fight at anytime he pleased but felt remorse for maia. I don't understand the point you are trying to prove? That Silva is garbage, or what? That he's not a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu, that he can't fight onthe ground? Cuz from what i understand, that was one of the most one-sided fights I've EVER seen. youre the type of person who thinks GSP would whip Silva's ****? Am i right?[/quote']

He avoids trash talking because he has the voice of an 8 year old girl. It would look ludicrous for him to talk trash.

He avoids trash talking because he has the voice of an 8 year old girl. It would look ludicrous for him to talk trash.

This is your argument to why Silva doesn't trash talk? Are you f***ing serious? Lmao. You can say he has the voice of a 8 year old, doesn't matter. He doesn't talk ****, he loves it when people talk, he loves when they get in the ring and run, fall, and get destoryed. So maybe you're right. still the best fighter in the world.

am I the only person that enjoyed watching Anderson emasculate a person not willing to fight?

sorry... but there are two options for guys fighting Anderson Silva... fight with him and get killed, or don't fight and stretch it out to decision... all of Anderson's fights that have sucked have been against BJJ guys afraid to fight because they know they are pretty much dead men walking since they don't have a way to get him to the ground... when Anderson fights someone who's willing to fight, or someone not afraid to try to close the distance, the fight is great... and its because it takes two guys to fight...

what that said, the fear is justified... but that's not Anderson's fault... so I have little sympathy for guys that get danced on because they aren't willing to fight... I mean, everyone blames Anderson for not finishing the fight, but he kicked the **** out of Maia even when he was toying with him for the first two rounds... could he have ended that fight anytime he wanted to? yes... but at the same time, I can understand why Anderson wouldn't feel motivated to finish someone who's clearly afraid to fight him... and so he mocks the **** out of him...

IF silva is so great why doesnt he beat his opponent at there game instead of acting like a moron. He didn't destroy mai in that fight he tried to humiliate him and it worked the first 2 rds, but the last 3 rds he ran like a little *****, As I recall mai was the one throwing his hands up near the end of the fight. There was nothing great about watching AS run the whole fight

Yes it does make him less of a fighter.

am I the only person that enjoyed watching Anderson emasculate a person not willing to fight?

sorry... but there are two options for guys fighting Anderson Silva... fight with him and get killed' date=' or don't fight and stretch it out to decision... all of Anderson's fights that have sucked have been against BJJ guys afraid to fight because they know they are pretty much dead men walking since they don't have a way to get him to the ground... when Anderson fights someone who's willing to fight, or someone not afraid to try to close the distance, the fight is great... and its because it takes two guys to fight...

what that said, the fear is justified... but that's not Anderson's fault... so I have little sympathy for guys that get danced on because they aren't willing to fight... I mean, everyone blames Anderson for not finishing the fight, but he kicked the **** out of Maia even when he was toying with him for the first two rounds... could he have ended that fight anytime he wanted to? yes... but at the same time, I can understand why Anderson wouldn't feel motivated to finish someone who's clearly afraid to fight him... and so he mocks the **** out of him...[/quote']

I thought it was Silva who didn't want to fight. Just because Maia didn't want to fight SILVA's fight doesn't mean he didn't want to fight. After all, Silva is just as guilty of not wanting to fight Maia's fight. And I don't recall Maia running away ever. If anything he was going forward more of the fight than Silva was.

Archived