How far will Court McGee get?

Denominator

This guy just seems to learn the game really fast. At the beginning of the UF I don't think anyone would think that he would get as far as he did. He seems to have improved tremendously in his standup, and he has great takedowns and takedown defense.

Should he cut the weight and fight at 170, or should he remain at 185lbs.? What will be possible opponents for him?

I think this guy has alot of talent, not to mention determination. I can't see him beating the bigger guys at 185, as he can't weigh too much over 195lbs. I hope to see him invade the 170lbs. realm, and would love to see him against someone like Anthony Johnson.

You know what I think McGee has a ton of promise. He is such an amazing story and a very fast learner as you said. His wrestling is also a great thing to fall back onto. That being said, I think it would serve him to either add some more muscle to his frame or even think about dropping to 170. I think in two years or so he has a chance to crack into the top 10 if he keeps progressing.

I think all the guys from TUF this season could cut to 170.

The problem is... the 170 division is just so damn deep.

It's hard to see where he's going because the competition at this years TUF wasn't all that great. I'll reserve any opinions of him until his next fight.

This guy just seems to learn the game really fast. At the beginning of the UF I don't think anyone would think that he would get as far as he did. He seems to have improved tremendously in his standup' date=' and he has great takedowns and takedown defense.

Should he cut the weight and fight at 170, or should he remain at 185lbs.? What will be possible opponents for him?

I think this guy has alot of talent, not to mention determination. I can't see him beating the bigger guys at 185, as he can't weigh too much over 195lbs. I hope to see him invade the 170lbs. realm, and would love to see him against someone like Anthony Johnson.[/quote']

court is very well rounded hes is a good fighter he will be a threat in the middleweight division when he gets more experience but he needs to work on his GnP when he toke down Savage he was just laying on him and throwing a few strikes before he submitted him, i hope he doesnt lay and pray. that is just my 2 cents

court is very well rounded hes is a good fighter he will be a threat in the middleweight division when he gets more experience but he needs to work on his GnP when he toke down Savage he was just laying on him and throwing a few strikes before he submitted him' date=' i hope he doesnt lay and pray. that is just my 2 cents[/quote']

I think he was hesitant to posture up against Savage, because Savage is good at sweeping and jiu jitsu. If you wanna talk lay and pray, look at Savage. I almost fell asleep during his fights.

I didn't like this UF as much, as it didn't seem to have that experienced of fighters in it. I think the old alumni, when they were in it, would have murdered the majority of these guys, short of McGee.

You know what I think McGee has a ton of promise. He is such an amazing story and a very fast learner as you said. His wrestling is also a great thing to fall back onto. That being said' date=' I think it would serve him to either add some more muscle to his frame or even think about dropping to 170. I think in two years or so he has a chance to crack into the top 10 if he keeps progressing.[/quote']

Watching him completely and 100% own Chris McCray was all I needed to believe that McGee is gonna go far. He never lost position, and never had a bad second.

I think Brad Tavares will go farther than Court cause hes got more time to get better he is not that far off from getting to the next level. But for now Court will do some damage in the UFC.

I doubt it about Tavares, but Attonito is undoubtedly the best.

All the contestents that made it into the ufc from this seasons tuf need to get a lot better if they want to even fight a top guy. None of them were overly impressive IMO, None of them looked good at striking, mcray and mcgee said they had wrestling backgrounds but in watching their fights neither looked very good at wrestling, and the rest had no wrestiling.

None of these dudes look like they will be top ten in the ufc to me, maybe 1 or two a fair way down the road but I am fairly certain that none will become contenders

I dont know if you guys watched the undercard fight with Kyle Noke... but he was far and away the BEST fight out of all of the finals fights.

He absolutely DEMOLISHED Josh Bryant, who was a semi finalist, by TKO 2nd round.

I have my money on him being a legitimate threat, he is also working with Greg Jackson. That is recipe for maaaad success.

Court was definitely a rapid learner and I agree about Chris being a boring fighter but he is a tought fight. Court dominated him 90% of their fight. I still think he needs to work more on his striking and ofcourse everything but his striking is what needs the most attention in my opinion. It progressed well during the show but Chris had a couple of exchanges with Court at fight night I felt Chris won and wouldn't call Chris a real good striker.

He'll get very far as he only needs to work on his standup. And in particular his habit of having a low right hand. If he works on that, his wrestling, JJ and good ability to finish with submissions will take him very far.

One thing I've noticed about this season's TUF is how many different fighters that posters on the internet are simply overrating. Court was going to win this as soon as Nick Ring had to pull out - the one guy who beat him and looked better than him in the show, let alone the finale. Of the rest its Attonito who comes closest... But not that close.

Him dominating Chris McCray was all I needed to see to believe that McGee is legit. I was worried that McCray would have success with his wrestling and cause McGee to have trouble' date=' but it was basically a domination.[/quote']

Yeah I thought the same. McCray's wrestling looked good on the show so I was worried that it would just be 15 minutes of McGee on his back, but he proved himself to be a far superior wrestler than McCray, both offensively and defensively. He blocked everything McCray tried and then dominated him from the top. As TUF finales go, it was up there with Nelson and Sanchez in terms of dominance.

It surprised me to see some people felt McCray was going to have the advantage with wrestling. And the commentary kept talking about McCray's submission skills as well. From watching the show Court McGee looked far better in both aspects. In fact the only reason I felt McCray got to the final was because he had a great gameplan in the previous round thanks to his plethora of coaches, to pressure his opponent and not let him breathe.

Archived