Even Brock Haters have to Admit, Losing Him Would've Been the Biggest Loss in MMA..

ArcaneKnight

When I first heard about him pulling out from the originally scheduled Carwin fight, I thought Brock was just ducking Carwin, and was just trying to buy more time. But as time went on, it became apparent the situation was critical, and not only was his career on the line, but his life as well.

Now I didn't care much about him losing his life, but coming to the realization of him not ever being able to fight again, hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized at that point, how important Brock was to MMA, and how dead the UFC's HW division would've felt, had he have had to retire from MMA for good.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this (Ex9mm, sup.) but, MMA losing Brock would've been a bigger loss than MMA losing Fedor. By that I mean, not die, or get sick, but if Fedor happened to retire. I would rather Fedor retire, and Brock fight on, as opposed to vice versa, if of course, I was the one to make that decision, I'd rather Brock continue fighting over Fedor. Fedor has accomplished more in his 10-year career, than any other fighter could ever dream of, he has solidified his legacy regardless of what these fake UFC fans say. He has nothing left to prove, anything he does from here on out, is just icing on the cake.

As for Brock, there's so many questions that are unanswered. He hasn't been in any real wars, he's essentially a young up and comer, who still has plenty of room to grow and get better. I want to see what someone of his size and athleticism, could do in a sport like MMA. Especially with his legitimate collegiate wrestling background. Take a look at this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCy9vqChmAk

Honestly.. There isn't anything scarier than seeing Brock being released from his holding pen, and enter the arena looking for his opponent. Reminds me of a clip I saw on TV, with a matador waiting in the middle of the arena, while they open the gates and let this big **** raging bull come charging in. Storms in and just starts scanning around, looking for the first f***ing thing it gets to F up. That is the image that plays in my mind when they que Brock's music. Sht is about to go down.

Now I'm not a huge Brock fan, I never was. I remember flipping through channels, and seeing this big **** mofo. Something about him just irked me. When he made his entrance to the ring, he'd stop at the top of the ramp, do some goofy **** hop from foot to foot, then roid rage and make his neck muscles cut off the blood supply to his brain. Dude could literally choke himself out. Back in the WWE, his shoulder muscles applied a RNC to his neck, every time he flexed.

I have a lot of respect for him now. Now that he's done with the WWE persona, MMA has allowed us to see who he really is as a person. He's upfront and says what's on his mind. I think he's hilarious, some might not like his attitude, but he's a businessman, and he takes his job serious. He's not here to kiss anybody's ****, or fake who he is as a person to satisfy all these politically correct twats. He goes in and does his job. That's it. He's competitive by nature, and hates losing. He works hard to ensure he doesn't get put in that position. As you already know by witnessing the complete domination he displayed on Mir in their 2nd fight. The man comes back determined to finish what he started. You begin to wonder where it stops with him, just how good he could potentially get.

As much as you people hate to admit it.. Losing Brock would've been the biggest loss in MMA history. Over any fighter we have lost, or any fighter we could lose, Brock would've been the biggest. Everyone breathed a huge sigh of relief when they found out he would make his return. I'm sure a big majority only wanted him back for the chance to see him get KTFO. That's cool too. But you know the MMA world, fans and haters, would've been devastated, had we had to witness Dana White make the statement that Brock, would never fight again.

Random Brock vs. Carwin hype promo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPdhCQJd1ho

I realize the majority of you won't even read this post, but no hard feelings. It's all love baby.

all the true MMA fans could care less about brock not fighting again. the sport got big without him and definately wont get any smaller without him. all he did for the sport was open up more doors for more freakshows wanting to compete in the UFC or MMA.

Calling a fighter of Brock's caliber, even at this young stage of his MMA career.. A freak show, is a complete joke. If you fail to admit that he is a legitimate threat to any HW on the planet, you are a blind fool. I'd understand you making that statement about Bobby Lashley, but Brock? Come on.

You don't have to like the man, but you have to respect him as a fighter. I don't care who you are.

this is weird... normally I laugh while reading AK's posts :P but well... He got some points in this thread that really struck me.. except that lesnar would be the biggest loss in mma... bigger loss than Fedor... yes... but a couple of people have died the last couple of years.. I'd rather have them back than brock.. But all the "young stage in Brock career thingy is legit and very nice post all in all AK :)

You sure someone hasn't hijacked your account? ;)

I understand the point you're making here with Brock being the flavor of the year and all. But the HW division with Carwin' date=' Cigano, Valasquez, Nelson, with Big Foot and Overeem possibly coming over at some point would have been just fine. But yeah if MMA lost Brock then MMA would have lost a TON of new fans.[/quote']

So true. Love him or hate him he makes people watch. Keeping Brock around is just good business.

Calling a fighter of Brock's caliber' date=' even at this young stage of his MMA career.. A freak show, is a complete joke. If you fail to admit that he is a legitimate threat to any HW on the planet, you are a blind fool. I'd understand you making that statement about Bobby Lashley, but Brock? Come on.

You don't have to like the man, but you have to respect him as a fighter. I don't care who you are.[/quote']

how can respect someone as a fighter when there path was paved since he step foot into the octagon? he shouldnt have gotten a title shot that quick. big nog should have gotten the title shot before him. he had 4 fights. but only fought 3 guys. and didnt look impressive against randy in which he outweighed bigtime. i guarantee brock will not last long. this is all just a fling right now. everything will blow over when he doesnt live up to the hype.

I understand the point you're making here with Brock being the flavor of the year and all. But the HW division with Carwin' date=' Cigano, Valasquez, Nelson, with Big Foot and Overeem possibly coming over at some point would have been just fine. But yeah if MMA lost Brock then MMA would have lost a TON of new fans.[/quote']

Flavor of the year? He hasn't even fought yet this year.

There is no bigger fight in MMA than a Brock fight, except for a Fedor fight. But Brock has a long line of great HW's to fight. It takes 2 to make a big fight, and Werdum doesn't have that appeal to make a fight with Fedor, a big fight. Fedor is going to dominate Werdum..

If Brock and Fedor's fights were on the same night, and I had to choose which fight to watch, you better bet I'm tuning into the Brock vs. Carwin fight.

There is no bigger fight in MMA than a Brock fight' date=' except for a Fedor fight. But Brock has a long line of great HW's to fight. It takes 2 to make a big fight, and Werdum doesn't have that appeal to make a fight with Fedor, a big fight. Fedor is going to dominate Werdum..

If Brock and Fedor's fights were on the same night, and I had to choose which fight to watch, you better bet I'm tuning into the Brock vs. Carwin fight.[/quote']

for you to tune in to the brock fight over the fedor fight shows your knowledge in MMA. for you to watch brock a rookie in the sport over fedor a legend that is yet to be defeated shows it all.

There is no bigger fight in MMA than a Brock fight' date=' except for a Fedor fight. But Brock has a long line of great HW's to fight. It takes 2 to make a big fight, and Werdum doesn't have that appeal to make a fight with Fedor, a big fight. Fedor is going to dominate Werdum..

If Brock and Fedor's fights were on the same night, and I had to choose which fight to watch, you better bet I'm tuning into the Brock vs. Carwin fight.[/quote']

Flavor of the year is a figure of speech! Im sure you're familiar with it, and if not, it means the guy that everyone has jumped on. Ex. Most new fans are Brock fans.

Oh and you throwing out that a Fedor fight is second only to a Brock fight. I hope you're only talking about the HW division, because GSP, BJ Penn, and a few others who murder Fedor as far as viewers go might think different,

how can respect someone as a fighter when there path was paved since he step foot into the octagon? he shouldnt have gotten a title shot that quick. big nog should have gotten the title shot before him. he had 4 fights. but only fought 3 guys. and didnt look impressive against randy in which he outweighed bigtime. i guarantee brock will not last long. this is all just a fling right now. everything will blow over when he doesnt live up to the hype.

Brock jumped right into the line of fire, he didn't accept any easy fights. Who fights a former HW champ in their first fight in the UFC? Brock didn't want some long strung out road to the title. Give him legit opponents, let him dominate them, see he is worthy of a title shot, then give him one.

You act like it's something new for the UFC, and your hate makes you single Brock out. Brock is not the only one who has been givin an undeserving title shot. Anderson Silva got his in his 2nd fight. If Brock runs through the division as Anderson has, then what? Will you keep saying "But he wasn't deserving of that title shot to begin with!" Let that go already. It's a title for crying out loud. He still has to go in and fight and beat his opponents. All a title is, is a nice slab of gold that guarantees you 5 rounds instead of 3.

I judge him by his fights and the potential potential, not some belt that means nothing if he doesn't win. It just means he didn't deserve it in the first place. If he keeps winning, well it just solidifies why he was worthy of that title shot. Look how many undeserving title shots Randy Couture has been given, I don't see anyone else giving him any sh*t over that..

Does Randy have to go join the WWE first before those unwarranted title shots effect you?

Flavor of the year is a figure of speech! Im sure you're familiar with it' date=' and if not, it means the guy that everyone has jumped on. Ex. Most new fans are Brock fans.

Oh and you throwing out that a Fedor fight is second only to a Brock fight. I hope you're only talking about the HW division, because GSP, BJ Penn, and a few others who murder Fedor as far as viewers go might think different,[/quote']

I'm talking about what is at stake when it comes to a Fedor fight. Not his drawing power.

Besides, the UFC with all their Pride footage, could make Fedor the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC, without even having to fight under the UFC banner first. Now if Fedor manages to beat Brock? Forget about it.

for you to tune in to the brock fight over the fedor fight shows your knowledge in MMA. for you to watch brock a rookie in the sport over fedor a legend that is yet to be defeated shows it all.

The Fedor vs. Werdum fight doesn't have the appeal a Carwin vs. Lesnar fight has..

As for Fedor vs. Overeem? Best believe I'm watching that fight over anything the UFC has going on. It takes 2 to tango bruh.

I'm talking about what is at stake when it comes to a Fedor fight. Not his drawing power.

Besides' date=' the UFC with all their Pride footage, could make Fedor the 2nd biggest draw in the UFC, without even having to fight under the UFC banner first. Now if Fedor manages to beat Brock? Forget about it.[/quote']

So basically you're saying it's bigger based on the slim chance that he gets beat by someone like Hong Man Choi, Rogers, or Werdum?

The only time im gonna be excited to watch a Fedor fight is if and when he fights Overeem. Im not giving Werdum a chance at all. And I personally don't believe Fedor has been challenged since Pride went out of business.

Brock jumped right into the line of fire' date=' he didn't accept any easy fights. Who fights a former HW champ in their first fight in the UFC? Brock didn't want some long strung out road to the title. Give him legit opponents, let him dominate them, see he is worthy of a title shot, then give him one.

You act like it's something new for the UFC, and your hate makes you single Brock out. Brock is not the only one who has been givin an undeserving title shot. Anderson Silva got his in his 2nd fight. If Brock runs through the division as Anderson has, then what? Will you keep saying "But he wasn't deserving of that title shot to begin with!" Let that go already. It's a title for crying out loud. He still has to go in and fight and beat his opponents. All a title is, is a nice slab of gold that guarantees you 5 rounds instead of 3.

I judge him by his fights and the potential potential, not some belt that means nothing if he doesn't win. It just means he didn't deserve it in the first place. If he keeps winning, well it just solidifies why he was worthy of that title shot. Look how many undeserving title shots Randy Couture has been given, I don't see anyone else giving him any sh*t over that..

Does Randy have to go join the WWE first before those unwarranted title shots effect you?[/quote']

yea there were alot of fighters getting undeserving title shots. but atleast they had fighting experience. what did brock have? nothing. and it doesnt matter what he wanted. the same could be said for any rookie with a will to fight. got alot of fighters out there that run there mouth saying they would fight this person or that person. but does that give them right to fight them? noways. the rookie will have everything to gain where as the experienced one will have nothing. its all about the money in the end. and dana made big off of brock. it was a win win situation for dana. and the same can be said with james toney. what **** did he do deserve a fight with randy? nothing. thats setting up randy for failure. randy wont gain nothing off his next fight. it wont get him any further to the title shot.

Big loss to the UFC without a doubt, MMA as a whole though would survive.

The thing i am interested in though is if Brock should be beaten by Carwin & goes on to lose another fight putting him out of contention for a while what would he do. His track record seems to be quit if he isnt the main attraction, WWE & NFL. In both cases he has walked away when he wasn't the star, would he be as flippant with MMA, judging by track records i would have to think so?

It's hard to deny losing Lesnar in the division would have a big negative impact. But the same could be said for losing Carwin, JDS, Cain, and a few others but I would argue losing Brock may have a larger impact. I really can't wait to see Lesnar fights because he brings something new to the table each of his limited fights and I expect July 3rd to be no different. Some of his training as of late is sure to make some sort of posative impact on his skillset and when you have that kind of physical gift with moderate skills or better it's just hard to match.

all the true MMA fans could care less about brock not fighting again. the sport got big without him and definately wont get any smaller without him. all he did for the sport was open up more doors for more freakshows wanting to compete in the UFC or MMA.

By freakshow do you mean Herschel Walker or do you mean a 6'3" 285 pound man that can run a 40 yard dash in 4.7 seconds....There is a big difference.

The 6'3" 285 pound man that can run a 40 yard dash in 4.7 seconds happens to be the UFC Heavyweight Champion by the way.

Big loss to the UFC without a doubt' date=' MMA as a whole though would survive.

The thing i am interested in though is if Brock should be beaten by Carwin & goes on to lose another fight putting him out of contention for a while what would he do. His track record seems to be quit if he isnt the main attraction, WWE & NFL. In both cases he has walked away when he wasn't the star, would he be as flippant with MMA, judging by track records i would have to think so?[/quote']

ive often wondered that,if hes not in the lime light will he stick around??

i very much doubt it

By freakshow do you mean Herschel Walker or do you mean a 6'3" 285 pound man that can run a 40 yard dash in 4.7 seconds....There is a big difference.

The 6'3" 285 pound man that can run a 40 yard dash in 4.7 seconds happens to be the UFC Heavyweight Champion by the way.

both are freakshows. you got alot of guys that run that quick in the NFL. that was a stupid point for you to bring up. what does how fast you run your 40 yard dash have to do with MMA? haha. wake up man

Haha, good read as usual AK. You know I'd never hate on ya :)

As much as I dislike the big galut, and the golden path he was given, you make some good points. Clearly he adds a whole other dimension to the HW division, and I honestly do respect the man and his commitment to the sport. I had my doubts when it was first announced that he'd be coming to MMA, but he has surprised me. I just wonder how long a massive frame like that can sustain.....we will see.

Oddly enough, my dislike of his style, and character makes his presence even more worthy.....he's got that 'heel' effect going on, and it's safe to see that millions want to see him get knocked the f out. So yeah, keep him around, cause I'll be waiting patiently for somebody to do this......I'm hoping Mr. Carwin can fulfill this on July 3rd.

Another mindless comment, a freak show? Kimbo, Marius Pudranovski, Bob Sap, Hong Man Cho, Thats what you call freakshows, Lesnar is a Mixed Martial Artist and like it or not he is damn good at it, probably in a few years he will be considered one of the best HW?s ever..

Another mindless comment' date=' a freak show? Kimbo, Marius Pudranovski, Bob Sap, Hong Man Cho, Thats what you call freeshows, Lesnar is a Mixed Martial Artist and like it or not he is damn good at it, probably in a few years he will be considered one of the best HW?s ever..[/quote']

Mixed Martial Artists? are you serious? haha. funny guy man. im arguing with a comedian. haha.

both are freakshows. you got alot of guys that run that quick in the NFL. that was a stupid point for you to bring up. what does how fast you run your 40 yard dash have to do with MMA? haha. wake up man

Name one freakshow that is a Heavyweight Champion in MMA.......

Yeah alot of guys do run that fast' date='but tell me a man in the NFL that is 285 pounds that can run that fast in the NFL.

Well,it could mean that you probably have a real good chance at getting low on your opponent and getting the takedown...IDK

FAIL!!!!!!!!!

I just wonder how long a massive frame like that can sustain.....we will see.

This has been and always will be the biggest issue with guys like Lesnar and from the beginning is what i've always said could be an issue for his career. That and his health and oddly enough his health was an issue for a bit it seemed! Hopefully he won't have the problems other big men in other sports have but in MMA it's hard to ignore how hard this sport is on a competitor's body.

Mixed Martial Artists? are you serious? haha. funny guy man. im arguing with a comedian. haha.

Ohh wait im wrong ofcourse, he?s a fake wrestler and a guy who only uses his size and strenght to dominate former Champions and veterans of the sport...Haha im such a funny guy!!

Yeah MMA means Mixed Martial Arts. You didn't know that?

Oh, you was saying Brock wasn't a Mixed Martial Artists. Well he does fight in the UFC and UFC is a company where Mixed Martial Artists fight eachother.

OK????.....Umm...if he renews his contract it means he will still be in the UFC

FAIL!!!!!!!!

haha. same can be said for many other UFC fighters that are still there. but that dont mean they mean **** in the UFC. haha. you failed man. brock will be used and abused then booted out with a pat on the back and thanks for trying. brock will be sucked dry of all he is worth.

Ohh wait im wrong ofcourse' date=' he?s a fake wrestler and a guy who only uses his size and strenght to dominate former Champions and veterans of the sport...Haha im such a funny guy!![/quote']

how can you say dominate? he dominated mir one time and herring a washed up one at that. he never dominated randy. haha. and yea you are a funny guy there laby

haha. same can be said for many other UFC fighters that are still there. but that dont mean they mean **** in the UFC. haha. you failed man. brock will be used and abused then booted out with a pat on the back and thanks for trying. brock will be sucked dry of all he is worth.

Hahaha dude chill,where does all that hate come from lol, sure you?re not about to hang yourself? :P

How did I fail? I said Brock would still be in the UFC not how good he would be.

YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!

Hahaha dude chill' date='where does all that hate come from lol, sure you?re not about to hang yourself? :P[/quote']

haha. hate? thats the last thing on my mind. i just say it how it is. i mean you talking about me hanging myself but in reality it would be you for even talken about stuff like that.

How did I fail? I said Brock would still be in the UFC not how good he would be.

YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!

haha. what? i might of misunderstood you then because i couldnt catch some the stuff you were getting at because you were most likely juggling brocks balls in your mouth and praising him and trying to type what you really meant. haha. so i guess you FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha

haha. hate? thats the last thing on my mind. i just say it how it is. i mean you talking about me hanging myself but in reality it would be you for even talken about stuff like that.

Lol I also say how it is, only im not the one talking ********,go buy yourself a rope buddy

Lol I also say how it is' date=' only im not the one talking ********,go buy yourself a rope buddy[/quote']

haha. you dont say nothing how it is. i dont know why you trying to confess suicide on the internet man. your best bet would be for you to tell your mommy how you feel.

haha. what? i might of misunderstood you then because i couldnt catch some the stuff you were getting at because you were most likely juggling brocks balls in your mouth and praising him and trying to type what you really meant. haha. so i guess you FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha

Once again someone can't win an argument so they pull out all the gay jokes.

Hey' date='

YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you call a true mma fan,you troll

haha. you dont say nothing how it is. i dont know why you trying to confess suicide on the internet man. your best bet would be for you to tell your mommy how you feel.

Hahah ok I will, thankz! Aww man are you going to be disapointed on the third of July,sure you dont want that rope?? :P

Once again someone can't win an argument so they pull out all the gay jokes.

Hey' date='

YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha. yea and your best joke would be saying you fail everytime. haha. way to fail yourself everytime you post.

Just don't FAIL everytime and I won't tell you everytime that you

FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your best bet would be just making the "failed" bigger. haha. sad your life. thats how you shut someone down. just make the font bigger. haha. good one dumb haole.

your best bet would be just making the "failed" bigger. haha. sad your life. thats how you shut someone down. just make the font bigger. haha. good one dumb haole.

Hey,calm down. It's not like I beat you up with my fist. I beat you up with my keyboard in this argument. Not saying I couldn't beat you up with my fist because I am real confident that I can.

Just don't FAIL everytime and I won't tell you everytime that you

FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahah ok I will' date=' thankz! Aww man are you going to be disapointed on the third of July,sure you dont want that rope?? :P[/quote']

What do you call a true mma fan' date='you troll[/quote']

peace out scrubs. unlike you guys i got a life. gotta split and make that skrillahz. whoever responds to this has no life. haha

Archived