Sign in to follow this  
deaDBird

Do you think Yager still has a chance in the UFC?

I know alot of you hate him but put that aside. Do you think he'll still have a shot in the UFC? I think he looked superb in the 1st round but just gassed him self out by the second, I think if he learns to pace himself and maybe work up his stamina he could still be a good contender in the UFC. I know alot of people are gonna talk sh!t for me saying this but so be it.

1st step is better cardio...McCray fixed his cardio issues, why the hell did Yager gas again....must not be committed or needs new training methods...

I know alot of you hate him but put that aside. Do you think he'll still have a shot in the UFC? I think he looked superb in the 1st round but just gassed him self out by the second' date=' I think if he learns to pace himself and maybe work up his stamina he could still be a good contender in the UFC. I know alot of people are gonna talk sh!t for me saying this but so be it.[/quote']

I think he has everything he needs except experience. If Dana stays with him long enough to bring that along or lets him go to the minor leagues of mma remains to be seen. No one looks like him, to me that is more important then to others. I like that better then a boring looking fighter. That's why I never really got on the Liddell bandwagon. He could fight but always, "oh I'm gonna knock him out" over and over again. Boring pre-fight chatter to me. Ok back to Yager. Once he gets some fights and good training under his belt I think he would be awsome. Being able to talk sh*t and then back it up, I love that. Hopefully he gets it done.

His cardio is not an issue. The guy is in great shape.

But everytime he gets tagged on the chin, or hit on the head, he losses steam, he gets timid and doesnt strike as much.

I simply think hes just not tough enough to fight bulldogs like Attonino and Mcgee, both who can take a punch and keep on pushing.

I know alot of you hate him but put that aside. Do you think he'll still have a shot in the UFC? I think he looked superb in the 1st round but just gassed him self out by the second' date=' I think if he learns to pace himself and maybe work up his stamina he could still be a good contender in the UFC. I know alot of people are gonna talk sh!t for me saying this but so be it.[/quote']

Yager still has the potential to be a compelling fighter. Sure, he could have better cardio, but I think he gassed because he simply didn't have the skills in ground defense. Had he been able to get up or defend more effectively, he wouldn't have emptied his tank so quickly.

Also, his game plan should extend itself to the third round. It seems he plans to end the fight quickly. When that doesn't pan out, a part of him gives up. Jager hasn't adapted quickly enough in his last 2 fights.

Why does everyone like Yager so much? I don't get it...it's like all the dumb kids jumped off the Kimbo train and got on the Yager wagon.

Is it the hair?? Do you kids get all excited whenever you see the afro-poodle hugging his dome?? He's a sloppy fighter with no heart, and a bad attitude. He shouldn't have even got on the finale after he quit the last fight. But no, Dana is a moron and listens to all you fanboys because he wants to make an extra buck.

Why does everyone like Yager so much? I don't get it...it's like all the dumb kids jumped off the Kimbo train and got on the Yager wagon.

Is it the hair?? Do you kids get all excited whenever you see the afro-poodle hugging his dome?? He's a sloppy fighter with no heart' date=' and a bad attitude. He shouldn't have even got on the finale after he quit the last fight. But no, Dana is a moron and listens to all you fanboys because he wants to make an extra buck.[/quote']

All he asked was if you thought he had a future in the UFC. Why you raging so hard son?

His cardio is not an issue. The guy is in great shape.

But everytime he gets tagged on the chin' date=' or hit on the head, he losses steam, he gets timid and doesnt strike as much.

I simply think hes just not tough enough to fight bulldogs like Attonino and Mcgee, both who can take a punch and keep on pushing.[/quote']

This is it right here.... Shure he might look good but when it starts getting messy he's out. "I got rocked" from some GNP and took him 3mins and he still couldn't get it together???? Pu ss 'd OUT!!! you can't teach heart.

Yager doesn't have heart. That's all there is to it. Not sure you can teach that so I'd be amazed if he was ever a top tier fighter.

you can learn technic. you can train cardio strength explosivness. you can work on stategy.

but their is nothing you can do for a lack of heart.

and jamie yager has no heart.

i believe that he will become unstoppable if he adds tai-chi (breathing control) and judo (grappling) to his arsenal

lol. you have much to learn grasshopper.

i agree with everyone on this issue. when Yager quit the match on TUF i really lost respect for him. i was actually picking him to win! then to lose on the finale just shut me out completely. he does need Heart and Cardio and i think he has potential but he gasses himself out doing all of those Bruce Lee kicks and when he gets hit back he crumbles. sure hes tough, but anyone can beat up a punching bag cause the bag dont hit back. kinda reminds me of Big Baby Marcus Jones, cept Marcus wouldnt quit!!

No hes done in the ufc

I don't think he has any heart whatsoever. I hope we don't see him again in the UFC tbh. :-)

I think it's awesome how he gave up in between the second and third round on the show, yet fights on the main card in the finale. Meanwhile the guy who beat him on the show fights on the undercard.

And by awesome, I mean incredibly retarded.

Dana's awesome.