Fighters who can beat Anderson

Striker_Kid

no ............ shogun has the best chance at LHW and vitor for MW

Why not?

Heavy hands, he can put you out in an instance.

I'd give him a chance because of his chin and counter striking... although he is slow.

Vitor doesn't have a prayer against him.

Shogun would run through Anderson for sure and these guys have a chance...

Vitor and Chael at 185

Lil Nog' date=' Machida....oh wait i almost forgot he trains with them so he will never have to fight them.[/quote']

it's comments like this that makes me just..dislike shogun sometimes..

the guy IS NOT invincible. saying he would blast through one of, if not THE best striker in mma is simply insane.

I don't see anyone doing it. Honestly. Seems like i'm jocking his nuts, I know, but still. Now who do i wanna see to make a wonderful fight? Shogun. I would kill to see that, GSP just to prove that he can rock his shxt, rampage cuz it would be nothing but a strike fest, it would be so FUN to watch. Maybe Machida? but I don't think machida would have a chance honestly. I'm leaning towards Shogun, and GSP. What i would like to see happen is Shogun whip rashads ****, Silva get atht belt from shogun, and watch anderson go down to 170 to whip gsp to take that belt, lmao let him be the holder for three weight classes. But it'll never happen. I say at least let GSP move up to 185 to let Silva get another defending win. But i don't think Dana would even let them fight. GSP is too precious too him.

Why not?

Heavy hands' date=' he can put you out in an instance.

I'd give him a chance because of his chin and counter striking... although he is slow.

Vitor doesn't have a prayer against him.[/quote']

rampage is much to slow, if rashad glass chins evans can handle him for 3 rounds, anderson will walk through him and send rampage back to making movies

rampage is much to slow' date=' if rashad glass chins evans can handle him for 3 rounds, anderson will walk through him and send rampage back to making movies[/quote']

Rampage never landed any real significant shots, and was tentative about getting taken down that whole fight.

Something you don't have to worry about against Silva.

He rarely gets beat by other strikers. Basically Shogun and Wanderlei were the only ones able to beat him down (PRIDE rules mind you). I don't see Anderson being able to knock him out... although I see him absolutely tooling him.

Rampage never landed any real significant shots' date=' and was tentative about getting taken down that whole fight.

Something you don't have to worry about against Silva.

He rarely gets beat by other strikers. Basically Shogun and Wanderlei were the only ones able to beat him down (PRIDE rules mind you). I don't see Anderson being able to knock him out...[b'] although I see him absolutely tooling him[/b].

yah thats what i basically mean. Andersons counter striking is much to good for rampage. but rampages chin is very good to

yah thats what i basically mean. Andersons counter striking is much to good for rampage. but rampages chin is very good to

Ehh the only thing I was pointing out was Rampage's counter striking and chin though.

Because I don't see him getting knocked out, he DOES have enough power to put anyone willing to stand with him out. Would he get outclassed? Probably. But he's also probably the only fighter other than Shogun with enough power to do it.

I know I'm going to take tons of **** for this, but I'd LOVE to see Silva fight BJ... BJ goes up in weight, Silva goes down...

Obviously a huge challenge for BJ, but he would def leave it in the ring, and Anderson would have to watch out for multiple top-level weapons...

Huge reach advantage for Silva, but BJ has fought and beat much bigger men... Also, he's blood-thirsty and I doubt he'd turn the fight down for the right amount of money...

Would anyone else like to see this?

I don't think there is anyone right now that can beat him...and to all the people that think GSP can beat him....What in the hell are you thinking?!? He would really make GSP look bad...I mean bad...kinda like when Rich Franklin fought him...Total annihilation!

I know I'm going to take tons of **** for this' date=' but I'd LOVE to see Silva fight BJ... BJ goes up in weight, Silva goes down...

Obviously a huge challenge for BJ, but he would def leave it in the ring, and Anderson would have to watch out for multiple top-level weapons...

Huge reach advantage for Silva, but BJ has fought and beat much bigger men... Also, he's blood-thirsty and I doubt he'd turn the fight down for the right amount of money...

Would anyone else like to see this?[/quote']

i think bj would get wrecked

it's comments like this that makes me just..dislike shogun sometimes..

the guy IS NOT invincible. saying he would blast through one of' date=' if not THE best striker in mma is simply insane.[/quote']

everyone said the same thing about Machida, and Anderson and Machida are similar in the way that they do not get hit very much. Anderson's chin hasn't really been tested and Shogun is the wrong fighter to see if you have an iron chin against. Anderson wouldn't know what the hell to do. Shogun is a very good leg lock fighter and Anderson has chicken legs. Basically he is going to leg kick Anderson until he has to change his stance and game plan then turn it on. Anderson wont even take the fight though because he knows

rampage is much to slow' date=' if rashad glass chins evans can handle him for 3 rounds, anderson will walk through him and send rampage back to making movies[/quote']

I love Rampage but If his ground game could match the verbal part of his game he would be awsome. Shogun is tough enough that's for sure. Not sure about his being fast enough though. Not sold on Vitor anymore. Mi--Chael Sonnen ? Has a good chance if he can get a hold of him. I think he could tire him out. Maybe Bones Jones. Just not a hole lot there. If the welterweights could agree on a catch weight with him or something then that's opening up alot of options there but at a catch weight his title wouldn't be on the line so no real threat there. He has been beaten before so he's not trying to keep an undefeated streak going for his career just in the UFC.

has anyone considered "suga"?

i know he would go out in 2 seconds if he caught a good shot from silva, but think about it

if he managed to restrict silvas movement and pin him up against the cage and score some takedowns

over 3 rounds, it might be possible

x

has anyone considered "suga"?

i know he would go out in 2 seconds if he caught a good shot from silva' date=' but think about it

if he managed to restrict silvas movement and pin him up against the cage and score some takedowns

over 3 rounds, it might be possible

x[/quote']

yup. he could take silva down and beat him. He has such a sketchy chin though.

I woulndn't have said BJ might get beat but after the GSP fights' date=' Hughes and now Edgar. ( duh right ?) >_< I don't know now. Anderson would probably win if they fought.[/quote']

Agreed that Anderson prob wins - I'll say 80% to 20%?

But I think it would still be entertaining and BJ would have a bit more than a puncher's chance...

He def wouldn't make some lame rookie mistake or get knocked out by one short jab...

I know I'm going to take tons of **** for this' date=' but I'd LOVE to see Silva fight BJ... BJ goes up in weight, Silva goes down...

Would anyone else like to see this?[/quote']

wtf are you talking about

Shoguns the only one i can see beating Anderson myself, but i'd still take Silva on that fight.

i don't understand how people are coming up with rashad, penn, chael and ****. You guys are all outta your minds. Chael has no stand up, he claims hes gonna get him on his back. I can't wait to see him charge silva with his forehead, i hope he likes knees in his forehead cuz thats thats the only thing that's gonna get charged you do some stupid **** like that. Look at irving and forrest, all thought the same, did it happen? Sure did. Penn would get destroyed, who even said that? lmfao. Rashad would get reversed on the cage and hit with knees. plus that dude has a glass jaw completely, look at what happened with Machida, and Silvas a ten times better striker, I'm pretty sure Silva has held his own with wrestlers. I don't know where you guys are getting that fighters can stand with Silva, because they can't No one in the ufc can. Not chael, not vito, not suga, not gsp, not anybody. Only person who I am even hesitant to say right now is Shogun, and i still think Silva will win. Prob not by ko, but by either desicion or TKO. It would be a great fight, and i'm dying to see it.

Chonan and Takase. oh yea.... they already did.

Oh, I'm sorry, are you talking about the dude who got a lucky **** triangle in, yeah, silva slipped into that, love to see a rematch. And Chonan?!? lmfao!?! are you ****ing kidding me?!!?? That's the most amazing thing i've ever seen anyone bring up. You do realize that Silva was whipping that dudes **** the entire fight, silva went into that fight with a broken foot, and it got torqued just a little and he tapped. lmao, get out of here with that ********. lmfao.

Honestly... I think Bones could have what it takes if he could cut to 185... don't know if he could though...

Guy is strong and fast as hell... has a really unorthodox striking that takes advantage of his lethal explosiveness (much like Anderson himself) and could be one of the few people that could actually close the distance and put Anderson to the ground and blast away when he's there...

If I were a betting man I'd probably put my money on Silva at the end of the day, but I think Bones or Belfort would be my two picks to who could beat Silva...

Maybe Shogun... but I think he'd play into Anderson's game too easily... hard to say though... Shogun would be stronger but Anderson would be more skillful...

Ehh Shogun barely makes my list.

I'm considering both 185 and 205' date=' so yeah.

I don't think anyone other than Shogun has a chance.

Maybe Rampage? Who knows.[/quote']

How would you take Shogun out and put Rampage in.

Do you not remember what Shogun did to Rampage.

Honestly... I think Bones could have what it takes if he could cut to 185... don't know if he could though...

Guy is strong and fast as hell... has a really unorthodox striking that takes advantage of his lethal explosiveness (much like Anderson himself) and could be one of the few people that could actually close the distance and put Anderson to the ground and blast away when he's there...

If I were a betting man I'd probably put my money on Silva at the end of the day' date=' but I think Bones or Belfort would be my two picks to who could beat Silva...

Maybe Shogun... but I think he'd play into Anderson's game too easily... hard to say though... Shogun would be stronger but Anderson would be more skillful...[/quote']

No way in hell will Bones ever have a chance at beating Silva.

Oh' date=' I'm sorry, are you talking about the dude who got a lucky **** triangle in, yeah, silva slipped into that, love to see a rematch. And Chonan?!? lmfao!?! are you ****ing kidding me?!!?? That's the most amazing thing i've ever seen anyone bring up. You do realize that Silva was whipping that dudes **** the entire fight, silva went into that fight with a broken foot, and it got torqued just a little and he tapped. lmao, get out of here with that ********. lmfao.[/quote']

He was kicking Silva's **** before Silva slipped into that triangle though.

Archived