Is there truth to Frank Triggs Thoughts?Only if your Shogun

Dicker411

Is there truth to Frank Triggs Thoughts?

?Everyone?s so scared of his length and his reach that they stay way the hell outside. They?re idiots. That makes no sense. You have to be on the inside. You have to be a Mike Tyson-style boxer against him. He?s too elusive to hit in the face. He just has too much movement. You have to work his body. You have to pick him apart. You have to out-point him?. He can?t hurt you when you?re inside because his punching power is from his length and he has to be outside to kick. You have to take Anderson Silva down and hold him down. You almost have to fight him like B.J. Penn fought Sean Sherk: Constant movement, peppering him with quick shots. It?s not difficult to see how to beat Anderson Silva. What?s difficult is putting yourself to the task and understanding that the game plan isn?t going to be perfect, and when something bad happens, overcoming that bad thing. If you don?t think you would win, why the hell are you showing up? Yeah, I think I could win.?

?Everyone?s so scared of his length and his reach that they stay way the hell outside. They?re idiots. That makes no sense. You have to be on the inside. You have to be a Mike Tyson-style boxer against him. He?s too elusive to hit in the face. He just has too much movement. You have to work his body. You have to pick him apart. You have to out-point him?. He can?t hurt you when you?re inside because his punching power is from his length and he has to be outside to kick. You have to take Anderson Silva down and hold him down. You almost have to fight him like B.J. Penn fought Sean Sherk: Constant movement' date=' peppering him with quick shots. It?s not difficult to see how to beat Anderson Silva. What?s difficult is putting yourself to the task and understanding that the game plan isn?t going to be perfect, and when something bad happens, overcoming that bad thing. If you don?t think you would win, why the hell are you showing up? Yeah, I think I could win.?

[/b']

LMAOO , frank trigg said this ..... ? that he could beat silva ??

Oh really ! While I'm at it Akiyama could also exploit Silva

mhm, we understand, i saw you post that not two minutes ago in another thread.

anderson made dan henderson of the h0ly crap ultra titanium alloy chin go to la la land temporarily. thinking he can't do the same to shogun is madness.

mhm' date=' we understand, i saw you post that not two minutes ago in another thread.

anderson made dan henderson of the h0ly crap ultra titanium alloy chin go to la la land temporarily. thinking he can't do the same to shogun is madness.[/quote']

Madness but truthfull

Seems like an accurate enough assessment of Silvas strenghts and weaknesses. I dont think Trigg has what it takes to follow that gameplan anymore though. Maybe the Trigg from when he was at the top of his game but not the fighter that he is now.

Theres no reason that someone like Belfort shouldnt read that and see a solid strategy to use though.

get off his nutts already. he couldn't KO Maia. He has good power but nowhere even close to enough power to KO Rua. Rua could separate his head from his body quite easily though. Rua's been hit by more powerful strikes than what Silva can bring and it hasn't phased him yet. Get over yourself. Silva's over rated. People have this skewed belief that he's invincible when he has NEVER fought a real striker, never. That and he is always said to have great bjj yet he was thoroughly wrecked by Lutter for a round and a half.

?Everyone?s so scared of his length and his reach that they stay way the hell outside. They?re idiots. That makes no sense. You have to be on the inside. You have to be a Mike Tyson-style boxer against him. He?s too elusive to hit in the face. He just has too much movement. You have to work his body. You have to pick him apart. You have to out-point him?. He can?t hurt you when you?re inside because his punching power is from his length and he has to be outside to kick. You have to take Anderson Silva down and hold him down. You almost have to fight him like B.J. Penn fought Sean Sherk: Constant movement' date=' peppering him with quick shots. It?s not difficult to see how to beat Anderson Silva. What?s difficult is putting yourself to the task and understanding that the game plan isn?t going to be perfect, and when something bad happens, overcoming that bad thing. If you don?t think you would win, why the hell are you showing up? Yeah, I think I could win.?

[/b']

Frank Trigg is a joke

You wuoldnt believe how true that is

However Silvas 3 steps ahead, if you charge him he drops back and pops you. Silva works his gameplan better than any other fighter in the UFC, why? because his gameplan is virtually the same for every opponent. So when some may train stand-up to combat a bjj practioner, or train wrestling to neutralize a striker, Silva is perfecting his game to the point of near flawlessness

You wuoldnt believe how true that is

However Silvas 3 steps ahead' date=' if you charge him he drops back and pops you. Silva works his gameplan better than any other fighter in the UFC, why? because his gameplan is virtually the same for every opponent. So when some may train stand-up to combat a bjj practioner, or train wrestling to neutralize a striker, Silva is perfecting his game to the point of near flawlessness[/quote']

And Shogun's is different for all

Name a fighter with a better gameplan

[/b']

Yeah just ask Franklin how safe he felt being on the inside with those vicious Muay Thai strikes, elbows and knees.

Well, he's really not THAT good. He is fighting guys with little to know striking. Let's see when someone hits him back. It's the same with Machida. he was unhittable, blah blah blah. He was better than Silva in sparring. The Rua blasted him and now all the Silva nutt huggers pretend Silva is better in sparring and take back their crap. I think he looked pretty average in his last 3 middle weight fights. and as much as people make it out to be something, Forrest choked and quit like a baby, and that fight meant nothing. Even if he is a great striker, he still isn't anything special on the ground and his wrestling is average.

Yeah just ask Franklin how safe he felt being on the inside with those vicious strikes' date=' elbows and knees.[/quote']

He loosened up franklin from the outside as he does all his opponents.

Rua's Muay Thai and BJJ are far superior to Anderson " I'll pick my opponent ' Silva

Silva knows his limitations

Well' date=' he's really not THAT good. He is fighting guys with little to know striking. Let's see when someone hits him back. It's the same with Machida. he was unhittable, blah blah blah. He was better than Silva in sparring. The Rua blasted him and now all the Silva nutt huggers pretend Silva is better in sparring and take back their crap. I think he looked pretty average in his last 3 middle weight fights. and as much as people make it out to be something, Forrest choked and quit like a baby, and that fight meant nothing. Even if he is a great striker, he still isn't anything special on the ground and his wrestling is average.[/quote']

This ^

i think that comparison to bj penn vs sean sherk was ludicris

he is trying to make the point that because silva is tall you have to get inside and avoid his reach...

...yet bj is a fair bit taller than sean sherk and he is trying to say you would have to fight the way penn fought sherk to beat silva?

makes no sense!

hes not a bad commentator but

pffft, keep your fantasy gameplans to yourself franky boy

x

Seems like an accurate enough assessment of Silvas strenghts and weaknesses. I dont think Trigg has what it takes to follow that gameplan anymore though. Maybe the Trigg from when he was at the top of his game but not the fighter that he is now.

Theres no reason that someone like Belfort shouldnt read that and see a solid strategy to use though.

Agreed. The game plan is fairly solid to fight Silva, Trigg is just not the guy to carry it out.

And Shogun's is different for all

Name a fighter with a better gameplan

Ill get flamed to be hell for this but imho the only thing impressive about Machida vs Shogun 2 was quickly Shogun capitolized on the opening. Machida got caught, and thats it, caught.

Silva on the hand, not only has the benifit of training with Machida but he also packs a hell of alot more power than Machida and is 20x more dangerous in the clinch. Plus Silvas jiu jitsu is easily good enough to keep himself from getting submitted by Shogun.

Now im not saying Shogun cant win but since Silva is 5x the monster machida ever has been or ever will be, so hed definitly have his hands full

mhm' date=' we understand, i saw you post that not two minutes ago in another thread.

anderson made dan henderson of the h0ly crap ultra titanium alloy chin go to la la land temporarily. thinking he can't do the same to shogun is madness.[/quote']

A rear naked choke will make everyone go unconcious. However, Hendo has never been knocked out. He should have had his rematch with Silva instead of getting screwed by the UFC

Ill get flamed to be hell for this but imho the only thing impressive about Machida vs Shogun 2 was quickly Shogun capitolized on the opening. Machida got caught' date=' and thats it, caught.

Silva on the hand, not only has the benifit of training with Machida but he also packs a hell of alot more power than Machida and is 20x more dangerous in the clinch. Plus Silvas jiu jitsu is easily good enough to keep himself from getting submitted by Shogun.

Now im not saying Shogun cant win but since Silva is 5x the monster machida ever has been or ever will be, so hed definitly have his hands full[/quote']

Rua has sparred with both!

Remember Bad Boy went with Rua when Machida had them, Chute box went with star pupil Anderson is silly to even think he has a chance

get off his nutts already. he couldn't KO Maia. He has good power but nowhere even close to enough power to KO Rua. Rua could separate his head from his body quite easily though. Rua's been hit by more powerful strikes than what Silva can bring and it hasn't phased him yet. Get over yourself. Silva's over rated. People have this skewed belief that he's invincible when he has NEVER fought a real striker' date=' never. That and he is always said to have great bjj yet he was thoroughly wrecked by Lutter for a round and a half.[/quote']

Reach is a huge advantage but Rua could get inside and to those who think its unthinkable KO Silva or mount him and let the ref pull him off.Rua has already said yes to the fight, Anderson remains silent. That in itself speaks volumes, Silva has had rougher times with BJJ than wrestling when mixed properly!

Anderson could not impose his will on Rua, and thats a scarry thought for Silva.Why do youse treat him like a god when really his division stinks the most by far.

Silva is scared! Therefor this fight never comes to fruition.

Rua has sparred with both!

Remember Bad Boy went with Rua when Machida had them' date=' Chute box went with star pupil Anderson is silly to even think he has a chance[/quote']

Did you forget to mention that Rua said that Anderson was by far better than everyone at Chute box?

Did you also forget to mention that when Rua said he would fight Silva, he also said it would be the biggest challenge of his career?

Seems like you have more confidence in Rua than he has in himself.

Last but certainly not least, you have to be one of the greatest fighters in the world if people from all over in other weight classes are trying to come up with game plan's to beat you. LOL that's funny!!!:D

Reach is a huge advantage but Rua could get inside and to those who think its unthinkable KO Silva or mount him and let the ref pull him off.Rua has already said yes to the fight' date=' Anderson remains silent. That in itself speaks volumes, Silva has had rougher times with BJJ than wrestling when mixed properly!

Anderson could not impose his will on Rua, and thats a scarry thought for Silva.Why do youse treat him like a god when really his division stinks the most by far.

Silva is scared! Therefor this fight never comes to fruition.[/quote']

According to the most recent tale of the tape for both fighters Rua had a 76 inch reach and Silva only had 77.5

I dont think an inch and a half is enough to make any real difference, especially when you bear in mind Shoguns kicks.

According to the most recent tale of the tape for both fighters Rua had a 76 inch reach and Silva only had 77.5

I dont think an inch and a half is enough to make any real difference' date=' especially when you bear in mind Shoguns kicks.[/quote']

Right cause after watching AS fight, I've come to the conclusion that he can't kick back.

Right cause after watching AS fight' date=' I've come to the conclusion that he can't kick back.[/quote']

Anderson, Kick? wtf are you smoking lmao

In all serious that was a great laugh and i totally agree, plus Silvas kicks come from really strange angles.

Didn't seem like he could knock Demian Maia or Thales Leites out.

Yeah Leites didn't come to fight and Maia was outmatched from the start. In other words, he didn't have to knock those two guys out cause they didn't stand to much of a chance.

LOL ask either of them if they want a rematch.

Did you forget to mention that Rua said that Anderson was by far better than everyone at Chute box?

Did you also forget to mention that when Rua said he would fight Silva' date=' he also said it would be the biggest challenge of his career?

Seems like you have more confidence in Rua than he has in himself.

Last but certainly not least, you have to be one of the greatest fighters in the world if people from all over in other weight classes are trying to come up with game plan's to beat you. LOL that's funny!!!:D[/quote']

Rua is just being a gentlman

Did you also forget to mention that when Rua said he would fight Silva, he also said it would be the biggest challenge of his career? THEY SAY THAT EVERY FIGHT ROOKIE

Yeah Leites didn't come to fight and Maia was outmatched from the start. In other words' date=' he didn't have to knock those two guys out cause they didn't stand to much of a chance.

LOL ask either of them if they want a rematch.[/quote']

If they didn't stand much of a chance then he should have been able to knock them out in the first round like he did Griffin. Why would he pull off a decision if he can finish the fight in the first round? I think Anderson was scared to engage with Maia because if it went to the ground it would be over for him. Maia has the best BJJ in the Middleweight division if not all of MMA. The only one who could survive on the ground with him is Palhares.

Rua is just being a gentlman

Did you also forget to mention that when Rua said he would fight Silva' date=' he also said it would be the biggest challenge of his career? THEY SAY THAT EVERY FIGHT ROOKIE[/quote']

Yeah so before Rua fought Machida the first time, why wasn't you talking all this Sh** for Rua then? Now all of a sudden it's Rua this and Rua that, sounds like you're a bandwagon jumper buddy!!! Every dog has his day and I hope you don't jump off the bandwagon as soon as Rua has a bad fight. We'll know who is better when/if they fight but if you think Rua was lying when he said that Anderson would be his biggest challenge to date then you don't know to much about MMA and you sound like the rookie buddy!

If they didn't stand much of a chance then he should have been able to knock them out in the first round like he did Griffin. Why would he pull off a decision if he can finish the fight in the first round? I think Anderson was scared to engage with Maia because if it went to the ground it would be over for him. Maia has the best BJJ in the Middleweight division if not all of MMA. The only one who could survive on the ground with him is Palhares.

ok what happened when the fight went to the ground with Miller?

to answer the other question, he didn't have to.

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Shogun said:

?We?ve always had a good relationship, but we were never close. I?ve always admired Anderson on the gym, but we were never friends? If UFC wanted to, I?d confront Anderson. Anderson is a very good guy, had a good technique and conditioning, he?s one of the three best pound for pound, but I?m used to challenges. I?d be a tough fight, but I like tough challenges.?

Yeah so before Rua fought Machida the first time' date=' why wasn't you talking all this Sh** for Rua then? Now all of a sudden it's Rua this and Rua that, sounds like you're a bandwagon jumper buddy!!! Every dog has his day and I hope you don't jump off the bandwagon as soon as Rua has a bad fight. We'll know who is better when/if they fight but if you think Rua was lying when he said that Anderson would be his biggest challenge to date then you don't know to much about MMA and you sound like the rookie buddy![/quote']

Listen at 41 I've seen it all Followed Rua since late 2002

Biggest challenge to dat is a phrase they use to hype the fight Moron

And I know he said it but he said it about Arona, rampage , Lil Nog want me to keep going

get off his nutts already. he couldn't KO Maia. He has good power but nowhere even close to enough power to KO Rua. Rua could separate his head from his body quite easily though. Rua's been hit by more powerful strikes than what Silva can bring and it hasn't phased him yet. Get over yourself. Silva's over rated. People have this skewed belief that he's invincible when he has NEVER fought a real striker' date=' never. That and he is always said to have great bjj yet he was thoroughly wrecked by Lutter for a round and a half.[/quote']

shogun would seperate his body from his head quite easily??? Hahaha gtfoh with that sh*t. The same shogun who was choked out by Forrest? The hate blinds some of you people and makes you talk out of your ****.

Frank trigg sounds smart oh just get close and pepper his body...yeah til he throws you in that clinch and rearranges you're face like rich franklins...it's alot easier said than done and nobody in the ufc has figured him out yet

shogun would seperate his body from his head quite easily??? Hahaha gtfoh with that sh*t. The same shogun who was choked out by Forrest? The hate blinds some of you people and makes you talk out of your ****.

Frank trigg sounds smart oh just get close and pepper his body...yeah til he throws you in that clinch and rearranges you're face like rich franklins...it's alot easier said than done and nobody in the ufc has figured him out yet

Hate blinds?

You can't forget a fight when when he wasn't healthy

But he did have an appendectamy 7 weeks before he laid out your god of the week

A rear naked choke will make everyone go unconcious. However' date=' Hendo has never been knocked out[/b']. He should have had his rematch with Silva instead of getting screwed by the UFC

i wasn't referring to the RNC, i was talking about the knees and punches hendo ate that nearly knocked him out. considering hendo has, most likely, the best chin in MMA, and anderson did that to him, saying if he landed those same strikes on shogun that it wouldn't effect him, and he'd just walk through it is nonsense.

i wasn't referring to the RNC' date=' i was talking about the knees and punches hendo ate that nearly knocked him out. considering hendo has, most likely, the best chin in MMA, and anderson did that to him, saying if he landed those same strikes on shogun that it wouldn't effect him, and he'd just walk through it is nonsense.[/quote']

Name one fighter that walked through Shogun, but yeah he'd annihilate Silva

Archived