UFC middle weight contenders

MarDawg

So we all know at UFC 117 Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen are fighting for the belt with the winner facing Vitor Belfort at the end of this year. so this gives time for the next contender to arise. There are a lot of fighters who are one or two wins away from a title shot.

The winners of all these fights are definitly in the title mix :

Winner Wandy/Akiyama vs Bisping

Munoz vs Okami

Marquardt vs Palhares

Maia vs Belcher

So what do you think who has the best chance of getting a title shot after Belfort? Or will Anderson Silva move up to LHW and vacate the title? And if he does who will fight for the title?

What are your thoughts??

wanda already beat bisping, and almost k.o'ed him in the end of each rd. why fight again??...

i like wanda's chances in 185 v.i.a silva vacating the belt.. but lets say he loses sometime to chael or vitor and stays. he wont be much for 185 then.

if he wins and stays, id like to see belcher keep working on his stand up which is looking great the past few matches.. he's a tall big 185, work on his quickness and counter striking/kicking, and that could be a great match up

wanda already beat bisping' date=' and almost k.o'ed him in the end of each rd. why fight again??...

i like wanda's chances in 185 v.i.a silva vacating the belt.. but lets say he loses sometime to chael or vitor and stays. he wont be much for 185 then.

if he wins and stays, id like to see belcher keep working on his stand up which is looking great the past few matches.. he's a tall big 185, work on his quickness and counter striking/kicking, and that could be a great match up[/quote']

Bisping thinks that he should have won the first fight and wants a rematch and wanderlei agreed to a rematch to prove he won, if he beats Akiyama.

Bisping thinks that he should have won the first fight and wants a rematch and wanderlei agreed to a rematch to prove he won' date=' if he beats Akiyama.[/quote']

I thought Wanderlei clearly won, but a rematch wouldn't be the worst thing. Wanderlei almost finished him with the Guillotine, had him hurt a couple of times, where he was saved by the bell.

Bisping almost out pointed him, but Wanderlei almost finished Bisping multiple times.

A.Silva is going to run through Sonnen and Belfort. Im a fan of both, but they Belfort is past his prime and Sonnen does have the skill set. A. Silva then will move up to 205 like most already know he will. Then there will be a vacate middleweight title match of

Alan "The Talent" Beltcher vs Wanderlie Silva

wanda already beat bisping' date=' and almost k.o'ed him in the end of each rd. why fight again??...

if he wins and stays, id like to see belcher keep working on his stand up which is looking great the past few matches.. he's a tall big 185, work on his quickness and counter striking/kicking, and that could be a great match up[/quote']

Alan Beltcher best part of his game is his standup. Hes great at kickboxing and with his knees in his clinch. He has a good chin and has shown he can submit. He needs to work on his Takedown Defensive or Wrestling because sexyama really showed that weakness of Beltcher. Other than that I think he is where he needs to be but his kicking to me is his best part and since Ive trained with him a little bit in Mississippi then hes one of my favorite fighters

Archived