Jamie Yager - MMA's Jimmy Thunder

Bmitw

Jamie Yager is the quivalent to Jimmy Thunder from the '90's in boxing. Both look good physically and clearly out size their opponents, Both seem to hit hard.

Both gas after the first round.

James Thunder used to walk through opponents and take their heads off in the first round. He even has a flash first/one punch knockout; 6 Sec. I believe. BUT if you can last past the first round odds were very good in your favor that you would either win by decision or KO that guy.

The same seems to be true for Yager. With his "Crab man", "Sideshow Bob" hair style, his superior height, octagon weight, reach (arms/legs) and seemingly speed advantage, he's clocked some guys (ie. first fight in the TUF house) BUT take him to round two and he collapses.

He uses unorthadox kicks and strikes quickly from odd angles which should give him a strong advantage. However watching the TUF finale I called the first and second strikes he threw...a whiping low leg kick and a superman style punch. From there the off balance (read: lacking power) odd kicks and punches started to fly. Because of his speed and strength advantage in the first round he was able to land and avoid take downs....then comes round two.

Tanked and ackward he gets clipped with the left over and over. I think either his head movement is nonexistent or he may have a problem seeing peripherally. On top of that he clearly doesn't like being hit (who does?) but in this sport it's a way of life. Once he tanks and is hit he gets gun shy, plus all of his weapons run out of ammo. Eventually he finds a way to lose.

I don't doubt in the house if someone would have actually got into it with him outside of the ring they would have had their hands full in the minute or so squable. BUT in the ring any of the guys who made it to the semis would have easily beaten him just by outlasting him.

Dana should send him to the WEC or let him go all together. The only thing he'll be good for is as a whipping boy for any of the TUF alums who have a grudge. I don't think he'll ever be a contender.

What do you think? Is he worth keeping? Will he improve?

His heart is no good.

His chin is no good.

His standing defense is poor to mediocre.

His wrestling defnese is poor to mediocre.

I suspect he has non-existant submission skills.

His kicks are great.

His punches are only mediocre to average.

Overall, he has no prayer of going anywhere in the UFC. No heart/no chin= no way. And a limited skillset makes it even worse.

He IS sideshow bob. I'll add him to me "AOBF" list -- another overrated black fighter.

Haha, I remember the first episode, after he KO'd that jewish guy with his flashy high kicks. My friends were all on his nuts. Telling me he is going to r8pe everyone in the house and win the contract. I just kind of looked at them and laughed.

His heart is no good.

His chin is no good.

His kicks are great.

Overall' date=' he has no prayer of going anywhere in the UFC. No heart/no chin= no way. And a limited skillset makes it even worse.

He IS sideshow bob. I'll add him to me "AOBF" list -- [b']another overrated black fighter.

[/b]

What has race to do with anything?

quits, no cardio (which is crazy coming from team punishment!!) and just overall lack of skills, besides kicks. he will be cool as an undercard spectacle to quick finish off guys who are just as one dimensional as him. as long as all his fights are 1 rd. lol and he gets to look out the window at them while they are ready to fight..

and btw wrong section.. :)

His heart is no good.

His chin is no good.

His kicks are great.

Overall' date=' he has no prayer of going anywhere in the UFC. No heart/no chin= no way. And a limited skillset makes it even worse.

He IS sideshow bob. I'll add him to me "AOBF" list -- another overrated black fighter.[/quote']

He has a chin,

his heart leaves after he gasses,

Standing he is great,

wrestling defense is decent,

Kicks are great,

punches are average.

He has a chin' date='

Standing he is great,

Kicks are great,

punches are average.[/quote']

His heart leaves as soon as he gets hit

His chin is OK

Standing he has ZERO technique

wrestling defence is crap

His kicks barely even do damage

Punches are average

Now please... Wake up and realise the truth... The guy is garbage

He has a chin' date='

Standing he is great,

Kicks are great,

punches are average.[/quote']

......How could you possibly believe what you are saying??? Who are you comparing him to that makes his attributes seem this positive?

His heart leaves as soon as he gets hit

His chin is OK

Standing he has ZERO technique

wrestling defence is crap

His kicks barely even do damage

Punches are average

Now please... Wake up and realise the truth... The guy is garbage

Bolded the biggest issue I see with the guy. Guy gets totally off his game as soon as his opponent hits him.

His heart is no good.

His chin is no good.

His kicks are great.

He IS sideshow bob. I'll add him to me "AOBF" list -- another overrated black fighter.[/quote']

You forgot to meantion no cardio :)

Keep. He has tremendous takedown defense, and if he works more on his cardio and boxing, he will be a force in the UFC. Most of the ppl just hate him but most ppl hate brock to. I like brock and hate yager. But i both believe they should be in the UFC. Yagar will improve his stand up and be more technical and more conditioned(cardio), he will be great. He also should work more on takedowns and BJJ. Hes got so much time to improve. If dana keeps him, watch him be the next jon jones in the next 2-3 years. He has that type of style but has a lot to learn. Good luck yager. O and just because i like brock does not mean i think hes going to win. I already picked Carwin. HEHE. Im rooting for brock but i think carwin has the better training camp and better fighters to train with which will catepoult him to victory. but well c!

Keep. He has tremendous takedown defense' date=' and if he works more on his cardio and boxing, he will be a force in the UFC. Most of the ppl just hate him but most ppl hate brock to. I like brock and hate yager. But i both believe they should be in the UFC. [b']Yagar will improve his stand up and be more technical and more conditioned(cardio), he will be great. He also should work more on takedowns and BJJ. Hes got so much time to improve.[/b] If dana keeps him, watch him be the next jon jones in the next 2-3 years. He has that type of style but has a lot to learn. Good luck yager. O and just because i like brock does not mean i think hes going to win. I already picked Carwin. HEHE. Im rooting for brock but i think carwin has the better training camp and better fighters to train with which will catepoult him to victory. but well c!

He will still have no heart.

His heart is no good.

His chin is no good.

His kicks are great.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa why does he have to be and overrated black fighter why not just an overrated fighter. sure he vibes off that ****y attitude but dont pin that on a race. Lesnar, Bisping and leben are ****y too and there not black. not trying to be like an angry black dude but that stuck out to me. Im only half black but during wrestling someone forfeited the match because there coach gave off the vibe that all black wrestlers hurt and slam other wrestlers.Now back to the yager thing Yager isnt a good fighter, hes an athlete and should play soccer or take up taekwon do where those kicks can do him some use hes done in the UFC

crab man canlearn bjj an learn better stand up technique, gain better cardio but he simply doesn't like to b hit an he loses focus when his opponent doesn't go down or get ko'd

this lack of focus also causes him to lose faith in his striking and what little skills he has, his head then goes down an his heart sinks

he'll look ok against fighters who've just started out with little exp or with little skill but he'll never make top 20 in any weight class

Ummm when he has energy he stuffs takedowns or pops up instantly & when he keeps the fight standing his opponents are in trouble. If he gets his cardio up he can be pretty damn good with that speed & power. As long as he keeps improving his takedown defense & he keeps it standing he can be pretty good. His only problem was his cardio, once that tanked he tanked & yes he is a quiter but I say keep him

Ummm when he has energy he stuffs takedowns or pops up instantly & when he keeps the fight standing his opponents are in trouble. If he gets his cardio up he can be pretty damn good with that speed & power. As long as he keeps improving his takedown defense & he keeps it standing he can be pretty good. His only problem was his cardio' date=' once that tanked he tanked & yes he is a quiter but I say keep him[/quote']

His problem is he's afraid to get hit

Archived