LHW interim belt

armbarfighter19

i saw something on youtube last night in an interview with rashad there might be an interim LHW belt with shoguns knee..anyone else here this? also who would rashad fight possibly

in a interview they asked Shad what he thought was going to happen and all he said was that he was ready for anything..Shogun or an interim fight if thats what needs to happen. I dont think that they are thinking along those lines tho....Shogun is only supposed to be sidelined like 5 weeks...shouldnt interfere with the fight as that wont happen until fall or end of year

i saw something on youtube last night in an interview with rashad there might be an interim LHW belt with shoguns knee..anyone else here this? also who would rashad fight possibly

No there wont be, Shogun will recover from his surgery and have enough time to train and be in shape for the fight.

If it were true, which I doubt it is (unless shogun gets injured again during training, which has happened to many before) they would do an interim and I can see several people going for the interim belt.

The usual top players, Rashad, Machida, T. Silva, Rampage, Forrest, Nog (not yet, IMO), Couture. Perhaps this would give Bones Jones a chance to get higher up as well.

I hope for Shogun that he stops having knee problems. His career could be over if he keeps going under the knife on his kness. They can only take so much before you have to hang up your gloves for good. Being more susceptible to injury more and more will eventually retire him if it continues to happen. I hope it doesn't, he's a good guy.

well IF they had to do an interim belt...which they wont IMO....Rashad is fighitng...no question there. But who would he face? Once would have to think that the short list includes: Lil Nog and Coutour...I hate the fact that Randy would be in discussion becuase I dont feel he deserves it...but its the UFC....Randy fights for titles...thats just what he does.

Bader and Jones arent ready, Machida and Rampage are both coming off a loss....Forrest...needs a couple more wins, plus we ahve already seen that fight for the title...then there is the dark horse.....wait for it

wait for it.....

Anderson Silva....if he comes away from the Sonnen fight pretty clean....I wouldnt be surprised if the powers that be have him fight Rashad for and interim title, and setting up possibly a huge fight in Silva vs Shogun.....

Unless the UFC are becoming very impatient I doubt it. As far as I'm aware it has only happened twice both times in the HW division when Randy went through his contract dispute and Brock now. Both were pretty long lay offs.

tito leaving....bj leaving....I guess I just assume they had to do something there, I think there were more as well.

the only thing that sucks is that itll be rashad, but then the guy with the best ufc streak is jones nd they train together. maybe rashad-lyoto 2? idk itd be hard to put lil nog in with that ghetto win he just got, maybe a. silva??? idk forrest isnt up there, rampage obviously isnt, no nog, definitely not bader, no t. silva its hard to think who he'd face

anderson is the first logical choice nd i guess rashad cuz they said he'd be next after rampage

Archived