IDK why alot of ppl think Carwin is going to beat Brock

HOGS17

I hate Brock, will never be a fan and but even though I'm a "Brock hater" i still have respect for the machine. Carwin is just going to be another victim after 12 days and we'll be on to the next opponent. Brock's too dominating right now and we can say with a win against Carwin he's the A.Silva of the HW division. Brock's not going to lose his belt until he gets old and weak. I can see Brock being the next Liddell where he's just to old and weak to compete but that's not going to happen to Brock anytime soon.

I'm not hyping nothing....I'm not a Brock fan i would love to see Carwin take the belt away from him and i hope I'm all wrong I'm just saying it's Brock....as of now he's the best and the most dominating HW in the UFC

I didnt say you were hyping.

I ment that UFC is hyping Brock.

That he was 60% before and now he is 100%.

Total BS. No-one gets better after suffering serious illness......

the guy has been out of action, with next months fight, for over a yr, ask any fighter ring rust is a factor, carwin has the upperhand on this match.

he might not k.o brock. but tko to strikes is very possible. and even a sub!.. which carwin has been able to finish matches before with subs. so he wont be out of his element on the ground, this will most likely come down to who ends up getting taken down

Total BS. No-one gets better after suffering serious illness...

So your trying to tell us in the history of the world no one has ever been seriously ill and recovered?????? GTFO BRAH

I hate Brock' date=' will never be a fan and but even though I'm a "Brock hater" i still have respect for the machine. Carwin is just going to be another victim after 12 days and we'll be on to the next opponent. Brock's too dominating right now and we can say with a win against Carwin he's the A.Silva of the HW division. Brock's not going to lose his belt until he gets old and weak. I can see Brock being the next Liddell where he's just to old and weak to compete but that's not going to happen to Brock anytime soon.[/quote']

How can people say Carwin will beat Brock? Stats, son. Check the stats.

I think tho the illness could bring him down to 60%. Now that the doctors noticed what was going on, and have corrected the problem, its ez to think now that he can be at 90% if not more.

Regardless I believe now he is better off that before. A year is a decent amount away but im sure brock will be ok. I think brock gets the takedown and yeah

Funny thing is, I bet you never experienced what Brock had. Well, I did. I had the same thing in 2003. I'm the same age as Brock, so it's very rare for guys our age to get it. Usually happens to people in their 70's. Speaking from experience, they totally clean out your system, like a fresh oil change and a tune up to a 20 year old car, and you do feel like a new person.

That doesn't necessarily mean Brock is going to destroy Carwin because of that, but I just wanted to set the record straight. And when I felt like a new person, that was a few days after the procedure. Brock's had plenty of time to recover. Can't wait.

I think tho the illness could bring him down to 60%. Now that the doctors noticed what was going on' date=' and have corrected the problem, its ez to think now that he can be at 90% if not more.

Regardless I believe now he is better off that before. A year is a decent amount away but im sure brock will be ok. I think brock gets the takedown and yeah[/quote']

Ya he's been out for a year so what? He's been training just as much as Carwin has since he's been cleared. And i agree that Brock is better off now than what he was before. And after Carwin sticks Brock in the face early in the fight, Brock's going to get scared and do what he's most comfortable with and that's take Carwin down....and then after that once Brock gets him on the ground he's going to take control of the fight just like he does every other time.....check out the stats on that one MIMEONFIRE

I think the fact is that more people just want Shane to win.

Not that he is going to win, but Shane is a good guy and Brock hasnt been a fan favorite so far. So more people are looking at the fight as a good guy bad guy battle. More people want the good guy to win, Shane Carwin.

I dont hate or discredit either fighter, like a lot of extremists on either side do. They are both amazing athletes and both have a great chance at finishing the other. But I'm one of the 60% rooting for Shane I guess. That said I will be happy for Brock if he wins, as long as they show respect for eachother after the fight. Which looks like they will.

Not much crap talk going down on this one so far, Shane is remaining quiet, and Brock is showing mutual respect by doing the same. I think despite what the Brock haters think, he does have the possibility of becoming a great and well rounded MMA artist one day.

Funny thing is' date=' I bet you never experienced what Brock had. Well, I did. I had the same thing in 2003. I'm the same age as Brock, so it's very rare for guys our age to get it. Usually happens to people in their 70's. Speaking from experience, they totally clean out your system, like a fresh oil change and a tune up to a 20 year old car, and you do feel like a new person.

That doesn't necessarily mean Brock is going to destroy Carwin because of that, but I just wanted to set the record straight. And when I felt like a new person, that was a few days after the procedure. Brock's had plenty of time to recover. Can't wait.[/quote']

this ^^^

Dude... He didnt get the illness overnight

It slowly developed over about a year

Learn something before you act like a know-it-all

I didnt say he got it overnight.

Or didnt mean to say that....

But the illness still weakened him.

Nobody gets stronger, better or faster right after being seriously ill.

Funny thing is' date=' I bet you never experienced what Brock had. Well, I did. I had the same thing in 2003. I'm the same age as Brock, so it's very rare for guys our age to get it. Usually happens to people in their 70's. Speaking from experience, they totally clean out your system, like a fresh oil change and a tune up to a 20 year old car, and you do feel like a new person.

That doesn't necessarily mean Brock is going to destroy Carwin because of that, but I just wanted to set the record straight. And when I felt like a new person, that was a few days after the procedure. Brock's had plenty of time to recover. Can't wait.[/quote']

Oh.....

OK, I believe you guys because of you....

But I still believe Carwin is going to win.

I hate Brock' date=' will never be a fan and but even though I'm a "Brock hater" i still have respect for the machine. Carwin is just going to be another victim after 12 days and we'll be on to the next opponent. [b']Brock's too dominating right now and we can say with a win against Carwin he's the A.Silva of the HW division[/b]. Brock's not going to lose his belt until he gets old and weak. I can see Brock being the next Liddell where he's just to old and weak to compete but that's not going to happen to Brock anytime soon.

Silva has a 11 fight win streak and defended the UFC MW Belt a record 8 times. How does Lesner winning make him the Silva of the HW division? He is a LONG way from that. He needs two more belt defenses to even break the shockingly weak HW record of 2 straight title defenses. If anything if he wins it makes him the SYLVIA of the HW division, not the Silva.

Beyond that, how is Brock "too dominating" right now? First he hasn't fought in almost a year so the only thing he has been dominating is maybe his training opponents.

Can Brock win? Of course he can, but so can Carwin. Based on the slant of your post methinks you don't hate Brock as much as you attest.

I didnt say he got it overnight.

Or didnt mean to say that....

But the illness still weakened him.

Nobody gets stronger' date=' better or faster right after being seriously ill.[/quote']

Hes had monthes to rest and heal from the sickness. Im sure hes 100% right now because it was a while back since he was ill. If he aint 100% right now then thats sad. Its been about 3 monthes since him being ill. Hes 100% and also he can tear apart Carwin at 60% so f8ck off

Silva has a 11 fight win streak and defended the UFC MW Belt a record 8 times. How does Lesner winning make him the Silva of the HW division? He is a LONG way from that. He needs two more belt defenses to even break the shockingly weak HW record of 2 straight title defenses. If anything if he wins it makes him the SYLVIA of the HW division' date=' not the Silva.

Beyond that, how is Brock "too dominating" right now? First he hasn't fought in almost a year so the only thing he has been dominating is maybe his training opponents.

Can Brock win? Of course he can, but so can Carwin. Based on the slant of your post methinks you don't hate Brock as much as you attest.[/quote']

Damn guess I got a Silva or Carwin fan upset. Didn't mean to strike a nerve man. You're right Brock doesn't have all the fancy stats as Silva....I meant that Brock is a dominant champion just like Silva same with GSP. Dana and fans are always looking for opponents to give either Brock or Silva competion. If people are setting you up to fail and you contionuisly prevail...that makes you dominating. I didn't mean to compare them or put Brock in the Hall of Fame before Silva or anything but i was just saying with you think of the top dominating fighters in the UFC, in your top five you'll find Silva and Brock.

Damn guess I got a Silva or Carwin fan upset. Didn't mean to strike a nerve man. You're right Brock doesn't have all the fancy stats as Silva....I meant that Brock is a dominant champion just like Silva same with GSP. Dana and fans are always looking for opponents to give either Brock or Silva competion. If people are setting you up to fail and you contionuisly prevail...that makes you dominating. I didn't mean to compare them or put Brock in the Hall of Fame before Silva or anything but i was just saying with you think of the top dominating fighters in the UFC' date=' in your top five you'll find Silva and Brock.[/quote']

One belt defense does not make him a dominant champ. If Lesner can run the table of Carwin,Cain and JDS, THEN he will maybe be considered a dominant champ.

Lets see if I can make this easy for you to understand.

Silva and GSP have run their division. They have beat every guy even considered a contender in their weight class. In GSP's case he has beat some of them twice now.

GSP and Silva both dethroned dominant champs with multiple title defenses to even win their belts.

Lesner has less pro fights than GSP has title defenses.

Lesner has a LONG LONG way to go to even be mentioned with GSP and Silva.Not saying he won't be there some day, but he sure isn't there now.

Threads like this make me understand why 9mm and Berserker jump on noobs that put Lesner in the same sentence as Fedor.

I think the fact is that more people just want Shane to win.

Not that he is going to win' date=' but Shane is a good guy and Brock hasnt been a fan favorite so far. So more people are looking at the fight as a good guy bad guy battle. More people want the good guy to win, Shane Carwin.

I dont hate or discredit either fighter, like a lot of extremists on either side do. They are both amazing athletes and both have a great chance at finishing the other. But I'm one of the 60% rooting for Shane I guess. That said I will be happy for Brock if he wins, as long as they show respect for eachother after the fight. Which looks like they will.

Not much crap talk going down on this one so far, Shane is remaining quiet, and Brock is showing mutual respect by doing the same. I think despite what the Brock haters think, he does have the possibility of becoming a great and well rounded MMA artist one day.[/quote']

+1

Cause he can. Don't act like he can't cause he can. Andy Wang could beat Lesnar and Fedor both in the same night.

He agrees with you ... win or lose' date=' the wanger woud cry afterward

[b']Brock is definitely the favorite to win, but Carwin can beat anyone if he connects.[/b]

Sure I support Brock. I'm Mr Dublinboi.

I hate Brock' date=' will never be a fan and but even though I'm a "Brock hater" i still have respect for the machine. Carwin is just going to be another victim after 12 days and we'll be on to the next opponent. Brock's too dominating right now and we can say with a win against Carwin he's the A.Silva of the HW division. Brock's not going to lose his belt until he gets old and weak. I can see Brock being the next Liddell where he's just to old and weak to compete but that's not going to happen to Brock anytime soon.[/quote']

This is kinda how I see things myself. But the truth remains that Carwin can hit Brock with a stiff one and pounce on the opportunity and walk out with a win. Not likely, but definitly possible. In the HW division, thats all it takes.

Apparently you have not heard of Lance Armstrong... John Lester... John Kruk... Or any other athlete that ha come back better from a serious illness than they were before. But good call though!

Not to say the UFC is not hyping because they always hype fighters, (ie Listing Carwin at 6'4" when he is 6' on a god day). That being said, most people come back better than ever after a serious illness, 1. because they were sick and that was slowing them down and 2. Some see the world or themselves in a different perspective because they realize they are not invincible and they train harder than ever while they still can...

He agrees with you ... win or lose' date=' the wanger woud cry afterward

[b']Brock is definitely the favorite to win, but Carwin can beat anyone if he connects.[/b]

Sure I support Brock. I'm Mr Dublinboi.

Oh I know SCO is being more reasonable now, but my post was really answering the topic title. Though I wonder why SCO is being less of a douc** about this fight now? Realize something about Carwin? lol

I have been unfair to Brock Lesnar. I hate to admit it.

I'm sorry I've made jokes at his expense. Normally, I try to comment on this forum as if the fighter I'm discussing is reading over my shoulder. I broke that protocol with Lesnar. I feel it's important to give due respect to each and every fighter who steps into the Octagon. I haven't paid that minimal respect to Brock Lesnar.

I've said I want him to lose. I've said I want him to tap out. I've realized it's not about Brock Lesnar.

It's about his freaking fans. I want to see Lesnar lose, because his fans are normally so damned,oppressively ignorant and annoying.

If Brock Lesnar has fans who are also "good" fans of MMA, they must be incredibly quiet, as to not upset the visual din of adolescent wooing I see on this forum every day.

My hopes are unrealistic. I know that Brock and Carwin will have a war and they both have the power and skill to finish each other. Still, in my mind's eye, I see Carwin ripping Lesnar's arm off and beating him with it.

If that happened, would his fans be nicer or more accepting of the opinions of others? Probably not. But at least it'd be awhile before they tied their stars to someone as un vetted at as Brock Lesnar. :)

i've said i want him to lose. I've said i want him to tap out. I've realized it's not about brock lesnar.

It's about his freaking fans. I want to see lesnar lose' date=' because his fans are normally so damned,oppressively ignorant and annoying.

If brock lesnar has fans who are also "good" fans of mma, they must be incredibly quiet, as to not upset the visual din of adolescent wooing i see on this forum every day.

My hopes are unrealistic. I know that brock and carwin will have a war and they both have the power and skill to finish each other. Still, in my mind's eye, i see carwin ripping lesnar's arm off and beating him with it.

If that happened, would his fans be nicer or more accepting of the opinions of others? Probably not. But at least it'd be awhile before they tied their stars to someone as un vetted at as brock lesnar. :)[/quote']

exactly!!!!!!!!!

Archived