Shane Carwin only getting $40G's for UFC116 and NO PPV cut!!!!

fukkthepolice

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shane carwins blog

40 to show and 40 to win

Oh okay. Well hes the first fighter ive ever seen post how much money there making. He might be a fight of night or knockout of the night bonus but he wont get either of those so I guess 40 it is

Just speculation on my part but I don't think the UFC would want him discussing this (knowing Carwin I think he'd do what they want) and that sounds really low to me. Like I said only speculation could be true.

**** the UFC

they treat fighters like dirt

I support the FIGHTERS not the greedy owners!!!!!!!!!!

This is DISGRACEFUL!

F U DANA!

CROCK may make over a mil

GOOD! This is what killed boxing. MONEY!!!!!!!!!

40K FOR A FEW ROUNDS WITH A VANILLA GORILLA? People have killed for less. Get a grip!

By Dana keeping the $$$$ a bit tight' date=' he saves the UFC from greedy fighters and every punk who thinks he deserves a huge pay day. If Carwin beats Lesnar, he'll have a better pay day down the road. What happened to working for your money?

THIS ISN'T BOXING! Thank God! I mean.... thank Dana, I'm athiest. No I didn't just call Dana God. It just worked that way.

**** the UFC

they treat fighters like dirt

I support the FIGHTERS not the greedy owners!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you're talking to someone who turned in, for their technical writing class, a paper supporting why major league baseball players' salaries are justified so i'm with you. My argument, much like yours, was that people come to see the players not the owners so why shouldn't the players be given a large share of the money (although it's not large at all compared to the money going through big MLB teams).

Ofcourse UFC fighters don't get payed what MLB players get but still the same idea!

Just guessing here but Carwin is probably still on his first contract with the UFC. He has yet to win the belt or show he is a PPV draw on his own,so not sure why people would expect him to be making 6 figures yet. Would a Carwin fight be able to main event a PPV on the strength of his name right now? Probably not.

Guys like GSP and Silva with multiple belt defenses and proven PPV draws make 200k + 200k.

If he beats Brock I would assume in his next fight he will be making quite a bit more money.

If Carwin signed a contract however long ago saying he would commit to a certain amount of fights for a certain amount of money then as long as his standings don't change drastically there is no reason to pay him anymore then originally agreed on. If he beats Lesnar, he'll be making more money.

40K FOR A FEW ROUNDS WITH A VANILLA GORILLA? People have killed for less. Get a grip!

By Dana keeping the $$$$ a bit tight' date=' he saves the UFC from greedy fighters and every punk who thinks he deserves a huge pay day. If Carwin beats Lesnar, he'll have a better pay day down the road. What happened to working for your money?

THIS ISN'T BOXING!

He saves the UFC from greedy fighters? You mean like Brock, the guy who is in the same fight with Carwin, who is probably gonna make at least $400,000?

Working for your money? Carwin has been in the MMA longer than Brock! And they are both doing the same fight!!!

He saves the UFC from greedy fighters? You mean like Brock' date=' the guy who is in the same fight with Carwin, who is probably gonna make at least $400,000?

Working for your money? Carwin has been in the MMA longer than Brock, and has more UFC fights that Brock! And they are both doing the same fight!!![/quote']

I'm not a fan of Brock Lesnar but HE'S THE CHAMP, LIKE IT OR NOT! He's there. He's the King. Regardless of how long he's been fighting, he holds the belt. He's the new sensation that everyone wants a part of. Again...I dislike Brock and hope Carwin beats his fat head in but Lesnar is the star.

Carwin didn't have the same hand as Brock...that's the breaks. Carwin isn't a draw like Brock. Carwin wasn't in the WWE. Don't hate on someone because they know how to play their hand better and it sure as hell isn't Dana's fault that Carwin doesn't know how to negotiate. He could of said no....The End.

Lets compare the Brock Lesnar's and Shane Carwins UFC oppenents.

Brock Lesnar- Randy Couture, Frank Mir, Heath Herring

Shane Carwin- Frank Mir, Gabriel Gonzaga, Neil Wain, and Wellishch

Brocks oppenents are tougher than Shanes. Also Brock is the champion. He has the belt and the only way hes losing it is if Shane Carwin comes and takes it. Brock Lesnar is like a bulldog. Its like taking a bone from a bulldog and your a poodle. I would want more money than 40k to fight a gorilla. I need atleast 60k for hospital bill because we don't got free healthcare and atleast 40k for fighting for your life.

Brock Lesnar- Randy Couture' date=' Frank Mir, Heath Herring

[b']Brocks oppenents are tougher than Shanes.[/b] Also Brock is the champion. He has the belt and the only way hes losing it is if Shane Carwin comes and takes it. Brock Lesnar is like a bulldog. Its like taking a bone from a bulldog and your a poodle. I would want more money than 40k to fight a gorilla. I need atleast 60k for hospital bill because we don't got free healthcare and atleast 40k for fighting for your life.

haaaa haaa

no way in hell they are

heath herring is a joke nowadays and randy is waaay too old and half lesnars size

carwin has beat way more quality opponents in a FAR more devistating fassion

Carwin > Lesnar

THIS ISN'T BOXING! Thank God! I mean.... thank Dana, I'm athiest. No I didn't just call Dana God. It just worked that way.

TREMENDOUS difference between boxing salaries and $40,000. $40,000 won't even cover half the taxes boxers have to pay on their purses.

there is obviously the reason why carwin still works. probably took some time off for training camp but 40k is nothing. i think they need to change up how fighters are paid, they should get a certain amount for show, this value can and should be different based on the fighters 'sellability'. But the win purse should be the same, for example if carwin's contract is for 40k, lesnar's should be maybe 100k, then another 200k to the winner.

however this is clearly the purse that carwin agreed to far before he knew he was gonna fight for the title. he probably signed 3-4 fight deal and dana didnt expect him to get this far. if he were to have renegotiated after the Mir fight he would get significantly more.

Sanctioning bodies killed boxing...you could duck the best fighters in your division and still end up with a belt...nothing to do with the boxers purses.

This is a quote from a Carwin's fan from Carwin's site.

"Mad respect for you Shane! Good luck!

In regards to what they will be paying you for the fight, I'm dumbfounded by the fact that you (the Interim Heavyweight Championship) are headling a fight and will getting much less than some of the guys at UFC 114 for non-title fights (i.e Bisping-190k, Rampage-250k, Evans-430k). I believe that this will be a bigger and much more anticipated fight than UFC 114 and you definitely deserve more. F*** Dana White. "

As for the complete Carwin's blog

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/ufc-116-blog

I still can't believe crappy **** Bisping got 190k, his fights aren't exciting at all.

Carwin probably gets like 10k in sponsorships each month, not to mention locker room bonuses, and other salaries. And he's a fcking engineer.

Brock gets people to buy the card, not Shane. I mean 1.6 million buy for UFC 100? He deserves the big money.

Carwin probably gets like 10k in sponsorships each month' date=' not to mention locker room bonuses, and other salaries. And he's a fcking engineer.

Brock gets people to buy the card, not Shane. I mean 1.6 million buy for UFC 100? He deserves the big money.[/quote']

That's all because Brock has a trash can for mouth. And that isn't Shane. If you make more money in the UFC by talking Sh1t, then it's a sad day for this sport.

Oh okay. Well hes the first fighter ive ever seen post how much money there making. He might be a fight of night or knockout of the night bonus but he wont get either of those so I guess 40 it is

Yeah is exact words are

" For those of you reporting I am only making $50,000 for this fight and that is the reason behind my limiting media, please get your facts right it is $80,000 ($40 to show and $40 to win) plus you have to factor in my generous sponsors (THANKS) and the KO and FOTN bonus that will be awarded to me on July 3rd. I would have done it for less, I love competing and testing myself."

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/ufc-116-blog

Brock Lesnar- Randy Couture' date=' Frank Mir, Heath Herring

Brocks oppenents are tougher than Shanes. Also Brock is the champion. He has the belt and the only way hes losing it is if Shane Carwin comes and takes it. Brock Lesnar is like a bulldog. Its like taking a bone from a bulldog and your a poodle. I would want more money than 40k to fight a gorilla. I need atleast 60k for hospital bill because we don't got free healthcare and atleast 40k for fighting for your life.[/quote']

haaaa haaa

no way in hell they are

heath herring is a joke nowadays and randy is waaay too old and half lesnars size

carwin has beat way more quality opponents in a FAR more devistating fassion

Carwin > Lesnar

Hendoforpresident please name these quality opponents. Couture beat Gonzaga right before he fought Brock. Everyone else that Carwin has fought are cans. A few of them have losing records.

I like Carwin and Brock but Brock has fought tougher competition so far.

Yeah I think he deserves more money, but that's the contract he signed. Win or Lose he will make more in the re-negotiations. Dana may throw him money too if it's a good fight, which we know it will be.

Those of you blaming Brock make me laugh though. He's not to blame for Carwin's contract.

Carwin probably gets like 10k in sponsorships each month' date=' not to mention locker room bonuses, and other salaries. And he's a fcking engineer.

Brock gets people to buy the card, not Shane. I mean 1.6 million buy for UFC 100? He deserves the big money.[/quote']

Couldn't possibly be because people wanted to see Mir sub him again, or GSP dominate another, or Hendo give one of the best knock outs ever to a fighter most people hate, or the over all fact that it was the best star studded card the UFC had ever put on to that point.

Nope, Brock brought it all himself, he is a God after all.

Swing kiddo swing, Brock has nuts the size of Texas the way these forums go on about him.

Couldn't possibly be because people wanted to see Mir sub him again' date=' or GSP dominate another, or Hendo give one of the best knock outs ever to a fighter most people hate, or the over all fact that it was the best star studded card the UFC had ever put on to that point.

Nope, Brock brought it all himself, he is a God after all.

Swing kiddo swing, Brock has nuts the size of Texas the way these forums go on about him.[/quote']

I'm glad he showed you the truth haha jk the hendo knockout was the best part of 100 !!!!

But this is also Brock's 5th UFC fight' date=' and Brock has already made more than that in he previous fight, maybe two fights.[/quote']

Probably all of them, but not everything can be fair. Brock was an instant draw, Carwin was not. Brock is used to making big money, so i'm sure he worked out a better contract. Carwin was probably psyched he made it to the ufc and signed on for cheap.

Whats wrong with that, Doesnt the champ make all the money anyway, If he wants more money beat the champ and you will get more money. Dont you cry for these ****ers they are doing what they love and getting paid for it, if they dont like the money peace out and find some place else. 40G for 30 mins is sweet hell ill take that, and get destroyed by brock.

Having read Shane's blog I am more and more impressed with him as a person. I have been waffling on who I wanted to win. I am strongly leaning towards Carwin. I like his attitude, his fighting style and his forthrightness.

It is refreshing to see/ hear a fighter speak respectfully, who shows genuine thankfulness for their position. I look forward to a war, but would like to see Carwin win.

He has the tools. Solid grappling background, excellent clinch work, powerful strikes and canned hams for hands.

WAR Carwin!

Like it or not, Brocks fights pull in huge numbers and he knows it. I'm not saying Brocks's overpaid, but 40k to Carwin is some ********. I know he's under an old contract, but he totally deserves to be thrown a bone for being in a HUGE championship fight. Idk its the respectful thing to do imo.

How much will Carwin actually take to the bank after taxes and training camp fees?

Archived