Frank Mir vs. Gabriel Gonzaga.

ThirstForBLOOD

Anybody else see Mir losing this matchup? I think Gonzaga would TKO him in the 2nd round. Neither man would be able to submit eachother but Gonzaga would get the more dominant position on the ground and pound him out.

Gonzaga never beats anyone in the second round. He either dominates them in the first or he gets beat.

I'm a huge Zaga fan, but IMO Mir would likely beat him. He is the far more techincal striker and Gab seems to think he is Badr Hari since he KO'd CroCop

If he would take Mir down he would make him look silly for 3 rounds and possible pull a sub, but he won't and would likely get TKO's by Mir.

I feel dirty after giving Mir props.........I need a shower

I'm a huge Zaga fan' date=' but IMO Mir would likely beat him. He is the far more techincal striker and Gab seems to think he is Badr Hari since he KO'd CroCop

If he would take Mir down he would make him look silly for 3 rounds and possible pull a sub, but he won't and would likely get TKO's by Mir.

I feel dirty after giving Mir props.........I need a shower[/quote']

lol......

I'd love to see these two in a straight BJJ matchup. I'd give the edge to the Gonz, but a good HW BJJ matchup would be nice to see.

lol......

I'd love to see these two in a straight BJJ matchup. I'd give the edge to the Gonz' date=' but a good HW BJJ matchup would be nice to see.[/quote']

I'd kill to see a Werdum/Nog rematch..........that prospect gives me a chub, As does a Zaga/Nog matchup

Anybody else see Mir losing this matchup? I think Gonzaga would TKO him in the 2nd round. Neither man would be able to submit eachother but Gonzaga would get the more dominant position on the ground and pound him out.

Hard to say, but I'd be saying Mir wins by submission.

I don't see Gonzaga at the same level than Mir; in fact,I don't think this is a good match for Mir: he'll win easily and will have left the octagon without really having tested himself. I think he should go for a JDS or Velasquez fight. He should fight against a fighter who deserves a title shot.

I don't see Gonzaga at the same level than Mir; in fact' date='I don't think this is a good match for Mir: he'll win easily and will have left the octagon without really having tested himself. I think he should go for a JDS or Velasquez fight. He should fight against a fighter who deserves a title shot.[/quote']

^^^this

Archived