Broke the cage!

TakeDownArtist

i was watching cradle 2 the grave, and jet li was fighting in a cage much like the one in ufc and he brock the cage!

i was just wondering has it ever happen? and if it did what would you do? im not talking about knocking it down, but what if shane carwin threw a punch and it went right through the fence? or rampage does the slam again and takes down the octagon? or maybe just one of shoguns flying knees to the cage?

i think it would be the best event ever

i was watching cradle 2 the grave' date=' and jet li was fighting in a cage much like the one in ufc and he brock the cage!

i was just wondering has it ever happen? and if it did what would you do? im not talking about knocking it down, but what if shane carwin threw a punch and it went right through the fence? or rampage does the slam again and takes down the octagon? or maybe just one of shoguns flying knees to the cage?

i think it would be the best event ever[/quote']

Emanual Yarbrough or however the hell you spell his name pushed Keith Hackney out of the door of the cage during a fight once but that's the closest I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised to see a pair of mammoths like Brock and Carwin break the cage though. That's probably gonna be what 500+ lbs of meat slamming around in there?

No, it's never happened in the UFC or MMA orgs that use cages that I've seen. Metal essentially impossible to break through with most body parts. You'd have to either elbow/kick/knee it over and over for a long time. Plenty of times the cage has gotten knocked down, though.

Emanual Yarbrough or however the hell you spell his name pushed Keith Hackney out of the door of the cage during a fight once but that's the closest I've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised to see a pair of mammoths like Brock and Carwin break the cage though. That's probably gonna be what 500+ lbs of meat slamming around in there?

lets just for argument sake say they both come in at 290-300 pounds,(fight night) thats about 580 pounds. and lets just say either of them pick up, jump and slam, at a speed of 90m/s. thats. 54000N on the cage. i think its going down. but of course these numbers are estimates.

lets just for argument sake say they both come in at 290-300 pounds' date='(fight night) thats about 580 pounds. and lets just say either of them pick up, jump and slam, at a speed of 90m/s. thats. 54000N on the cage. i think its going down. but of course these numbers are estimates.[/quote']

I now have a dream. To see Brock pick up Carwin do an F5 and break the cage resulting in a no contest.

lets just for argument sake say they both come in at 290-300 pounds' date='(fight night) thats about 580 pounds. and lets just say either of them pick up, jump and slam, at a speed of 90m/s. thats. 54000N on the cage. i think its going down. but of course these numbers are estimates.[/quote']

The entire mass of both fighters can't possibly move at 90m/s in the direction of the cage. Both men would have to fall from a little under 10 feet for their total velocity to be 90/ms. It's faster than if they were to both sprint in the same direction. And honestly, the steel structure of the octagon would probably still hold up.

I can say with confidence you will never see the cage break in a UFC event. The last fight with Marius Podowski, they were using a plastic netting rather than a steel cage... Possibly that would be more inclined to breaking...

Archived