The fundamental difference between CLASS and ARROGANCE

Exodus9mm

In a recent interview, Fedor was asked what he thought about being the best fighter in the world. His response?

"I do not consider myself to be the strongest fighter or be a very special person. I just come out to the ring and I do my job. I do my job and do it as well as I can and I try hard? I understand that there is my great country which I represent which stands behind me?

It is this attitude, clarity and class that separates Fedor from trash-talking corporate sheep like Lesnar.

read the article and see the video here: http://www.cagepotato.com/video-fedor-doesnt-watching-mma-and-doesnt-think-hes-best-fighter

And conversely, we've got Brock Lesnar giving us:

"When people say there is this sense of equality between me and Shane Carwin there's, were two different specimens. I would say there's one specimen and there's one athlete, and I'm the specimen. And there's one, a weekend warrior athlete."

See the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RvOw2iT5JQ

These two pieces of dialogue show why many of us hold Emelianenko in such high regard, and look at Lesnar as nothing but an oversized hillbilly with zero class.

Fedor is a man. Brock is an advertisement.

Long live the Last Emperor.

Agreed, you won't get far with any sport with that kind of attitude, when so many people want to watch your fight just to see you lose, polls are self evident. Take a guess why he didn't make it with the Vikings. I don't see Brock has a long term future with MMA.

Agreed' date=' you won't get far with any sport with that kind of attitude, when so many people want to watch your fight just to see you lose, polls are self evident. Take a guess why he didn't make it with the Vikings. I don't see Brock has a long term future with MMA.[/quote']

I heard he didn't make it on the Vikings because he missed the last day before the cut.

Just saying.

In a recent interview' date=' Fedor was asked what he thought about being the best fighter in the world. His response?

"I do not consider myself to be the strongest fighter or be a very special person. I just come out to the ring and I do my job. I do my job and do it as well as I can and I try hard? I understand that there is my great country which I represent which stands behind me?

It is this attitude, clarity and class that separates Fedor from trash-talking corporate sheep like Lesnar.

read the article and see the video here: http://www.cagepotato.com/video-fedor-doesnt-watching-mma-and-doesnt-think-hes-best-fighter

And conversely, we've got Brock Lesnar giving us:

"When people say there is this sense of equality between me and Shane Carwin there's, were two different specimens. I would say there's one specimen and there's one athlete, and I'm the specimen. And there's one, a weekend warrior athlete."

See the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RvOw2iT5JQ

These two pieces of dialogue show why many of us hold Emelianenko in such high regard, and look at Lesnar as nothing but an oversized hillbilly with zero class.

Fedor is a man. Brock is an advertisement.

Long live the Last Emperor.[/quote']

As I've said before on this forum, I've only seen 2 of Fedor's fights, so I can't/won't judge him.

I will say that I can't believe Lesnar actually said "specimen". That's two more syllables than I thought Brock could be capable of. Astounding.

As I've said before on this forum' date=' I've only seen 2 of Fedor's fights, so I can't/won't judge him.

I will say that I can't believe Lesnar actually said "specimen". That's two more syllables than I thought Brock could be capable of. Astounding.[/quote']

Damn... There is a whole bunch of GREAT Fedor fights... You're missing out!

so what now you're gonna act like you've never seen someone hype a fight before? This is just like comparing GSP to Hardy.

Fedor is humble.. so what. Doesn't change the fact that he doesn't dare stepping into the UFC to back up all his fans who try everyday to make him look so great and to diss Brock. We all know Brock's a very competitive and aggressive character. When he hypes a fight he talks trash and hypes the fight. But he still showed respect to Carwin when they met after the Carwin vs Mir fight and when he's in a neutral interview he still can act professionnal.

Agreed' date=' you won't get far with any sport with that kind of attitude, when so many people want to watch your fight just to see you lose, polls are self evident. Take a guess why he didn't make it with the Vikings. I don't see Brock has a long term future with MMA.[/quote']

What are you talking about? He's gotten very far in this sport because of his attitude. Even if you don't like it it works for him. It makes him one of the biggest ppv draws in UFC history. And let's be honest do you enjoy seeing fights between 2 people that you like or one you like and one you don't like. Rooting for someone is half the fun of watching @least for me anyway. So with Brock or the most part you either love him or hate him there's no inbetween therefore whether you like it or not more then likely you'll enjoy his fights more then most that is until the end when he wins. But then it makes you wanna see his next fight even more because you can't wait to see him get his **** kicked.

What are you talking about? He's gotten very far in this sport because of his attitude. Even if you don't like it it works for him. It makes him one of the biggest ppv draws in UFC history. And let's be honest do you enjoy seeing fights between 2 people that you like or one you like and one you don't like. Rooting for someone is half the fun of watching @least for me anyway. So with Brock or the most part you either love him or hate him there's no inbetween therefore whether you like it or not more then likely you'll enjoy his fights more then most that is until the end when he wins. But then it makes you wanna see his next fight even more because you can't wait to see him get his **** kicked.

That's because the USA has a ludicrous amount of hillbillys who feed on trends and hype......of course he's gonna succeed. Paris Hilton succeeded.....

I don't buy a Lesnar PPV because of anything he says. I don't buy fights because of anything but the fact that it's a fight. And HW to boot.

Damn... There is a whole bunch of GREAT Fedor fights... You're missing out!

I know!!! I keep meaning to do a search, but I end up with damned fight snippets, instead of the whole fight. What would the quintessential Fedor fight be? Who was his most storied opponent?

Being humble for Fedor works for him. Being confident for Lesnar works for him. Two completely diffrent people' date=' both successful.[/quote']

well said, fedor stays humble, that's what works for him, lesnar says this stuff and it's probably for his own benefit to get himself up for a fight, everyone is different, if everyone was the same it would be a pretty boring sport until they got in the octagon, imagine the pre fight press conference with everyone being polite to each other

1) Fedor SHOULD say he is the best in the world. When you're at the the level of Fedor/Brock/Carwin, or GSP/Silva in other weight classes,it seems insulting to us if they say they aren't the best. IMO anyways.

2) I like Brock. I want to see him get beat so bad but I love that he is in the UFC. I am neither an American or a hillbilly, for the record.

3) I think Fedor just doesn't care. That's why he doesn't want to come to the UFC.

so what now you're gonna act like you've never seen someone hype a fight before? This is just like comparing GSP to Hardy.

Fedor is humble.. so what. Doesn't change the fact that he doesn't dare stepping into the UFC to back up all his fans who try everyday to make him look so great and to diss Brock. We all know Brock's a very competitive and aggressive character. When he hypes a fight he talks trash and hypes the fight. But he still showed respect to Carwin when they met after the Carwin vs Mir fight and when he's in a neutral interview he still can act professionnal.

this^

Fedor is just a cool guy but Brock understands how to market himself. Some people think you should only be interested in a fight for the skill of the fighters, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like watching the jerk beat the nice guy.

Classy guys are a dime a dozen in this sport, and they all have one thing in common: they don't have anything to say. It's always a chore watching them interview, and whenever they compliment their opponents I just think, "You're just afraid of mouthing off and then getting your **** kicked." No guts, no glory.

I dont see how someone can bring themsleves to say bad things about Fedor. He is one of the nicest and most respectful athletes ever. If you ever watch documentaries of him you will realize this instantly. Fedor has fought whoever has been put in front of him. He has never backed down from a fight. He hired his managers to handle business decisions and if they feel that going to strikeforce is a better move he listens since thats what he hired them for. I agree Fedor's opponents have been subpar as of late but this should not discredit him as a man. When Fedor was in pride he WAS facing the best in the sport and he did not back down once. If he was a fight ducker like many claim he is he would have not stayed with pride and left for the UFC because in those days pride was the top place for heavyweights; the UFC was second. People will never stop with the insults because we live in a world full of haters and when your the best you generate the most.

the difference is confidence. guys who truely believe in themselves don't need to talk sh!t.

brocks constant chest beating and posturing is as much for himself as it is for anyone else. when he tells people he's specimen or that he's the best, he's telling himself he is as much as anyone else. not to take anything away from him he's a beast i'm not denying that.

Though I dislike Brock I will say something on his behalf. America no longer knows what the word humility means anymore. In today's time, each and everyone is literally forced to brag about himself in order to fit in. I happened to be old school in this new millenium. I still hold onto humility and respect the elders and open doors for the ladies and senior citizens. Brock's attitude is fueled by America's attitude, "We are the best." We play sports within our nation but we declare the winner the champion of the world.

Brock could be more humble, but he is the product of the American culture. We were led to believe from a very young age that our country is the best amongst all others. If you let Hollywood and the media get to you then you will be a product of the American culture. There are many great athletes in America who have conducted themselves quite well. These athletes were not fooled by Hollywood and the media.

Anyway, Fedor is a legend with class and will go down as the greatest HW MMA fighter of all time.

Sometimes I dont know what to think of Lesnar. One minute hes all "i was living a dirty life [in wwe] he hated that there was no proper competition ect.

Next minute hes bringing all that ******** trash talk that goes with pro wrestling to UFC.

It hypes fights but it doesnt put him in any position to win fans.

He should learn from Fedor! Something to be said about humility and being humble!

when you're the ufc champ you can be a arrogant as you like to be honest, maybe people shouldnt worry so much about what the fighters say and just watch the fighting. Sometimes the so called 'men' in here act like nothing more than old ladies at a coffee morning chit chat meeting. *****es!

There is always talk of fans hugging nuts of certain fighters and this is hardly ever true but in the case of Fedor there are fans actually hanging off his nuts and its embarrassing. If you want to talk about being humble and a good role model for MMA look towards Lyoto Machida at least he is also fighting at the top level and not scared of fighting anyone

Sometimes I dont know what to think of Lesnar. One minute hes all "i was living a dirty life [in wwe] he hated that there was no proper competition ect.

Next minute hes bringing all that ******** trash talk that goes with pro wrestling to UFC.

It hypes fights but it doesnt put him in any position to win fans.

He should learn from Fedor! Something to be said about humility and being humble!

How can u do the simple things in life like tie your shoe laces etc when you constantly have one hand attached to a ball sac

damn straight

brocks just an arrogant oversized ogre that relies on his size to lay on his opponents and deliver 50 little girl strikes,or 60 little girl hammer fists

id like to see him try that sh!t on fedor he'd be armbarred in a second,that is if he wasnt already ko'd by the terminator,i mean fedor

WAR FEDOR EMELIANENKO

Archived