Anderson vs Georges likely Dana White says

ZooRooBonLoo

Id say it all depends on what GSP decides after he beats Hughes record. If he makes the permanent move' date=' and all indication is any move would be permanent, it's a no brainer at MW. Otherwise I could see a catchweight at 178. A.Silva would be jail bait for GSP @ WW.[/quote']

Agreed 100%

2 more fights for Georges and I believe the move to MW will happen permanently.

I like how Dana contradicts himself. It's funny.

I think Dana has a plan and has always wanted this fight to happen. By saying he's against it because it wouldn't be a fair fight for Georges due to the size difference it gets Dana off the hook for a little while. He is completely aware of the true facts regarding size ect and will wait until he can create the Superfight to end all Superfights.....at least until another Superfight rears it's ugly head.

I would give the fight to Anderson Silva as well, even though I like GSP and I think he has a lot more character than Silva could ever hope for. There's just too much of a size mismatch. Georges St. Pierre isn't all that big for a welterweight and is able to fight at lighweight. He walks around in the low 180's. Anderson Silva is huge for a middleweight and is naturally a lightheavyweight who walks around at 210+. He's able to cut a ton to fight at 185, but really he's more than just one weight class above GSP.

That said, it's still a fight I'd love to see.

I would give the fight to Anderson Silva as well' date=' even though I like GSP and I think he has a lot more character than Silva could ever hope for. There's just too much of a size mismatch. Georges St. Pierre isn't all that big for a welterweight and is able to fight at lighweight. [b']He walks around in the low 180's.[/b] Anderson Silva is huge for a middleweight and is naturally a lightheavyweight who walks around at 210+. He's able to cut a ton to fight at 185, but really he's more than just one weight class above GSP.

That said, it's still a fight I'd love to see.

The "bolded" section is wrong. On the night of the fight with dan hardy gsp's weight was 192, the night that anderson fought maia his weight was 193 (or so). Once anderson cuts for MW, he and gsp would be about the same weight. I don't think that weight should even be part of the equation. If it's at MW they'd be about the same. I agree that anderson walks around at more weight but on fight night with anderson cutting more, the size advantage should be viewed as more of a hindrance than an advantage. no disrespect intended.

Are there really that many people stupid enough to really want this fight? ANY fighter at 205 would be a much more interesting fight for Silva than GSP.

GSP spent almost 25 minutes on top of Hardy and did NOTHING to him. Silva is bigger, stronger and has MUCH more ground game than Hardy does. GSP has good striking but nowhere near Silva's league and he won't even try, he'll just go for takedowns. Best case scenario for GSP, his cardio and strength serve him well and he holds down Silva for a decision. The other outcome is Silva catches GSP in an exchange within a couple rounds and GSP's out. In either situation, why the hell is either scenario so fascinating to people? The stage is set for some serious WARS at 205 for Silva. He's not getting any younger and there's already been too many fights that are a waste of his, and our, time.

Are there really that many people stupid enough to really want this fight? ANY fighter at 205 would be a much more interesting fight for Silva than GSP.

GSP spent almost 25 minutes on top of Hardy and did NOTHING to him. Silva is bigger' date=' stronger and has MUCH more ground game than Hardy does. GSP has good striking but nowhere near Silva's league and he won't even try, he'll just go for takedowns. Best case scenario for GSP, his cardio and strength serve him well and he holds down Silva for a decision. The other outcome is Silva catches GSP in an exchange within a couple rounds and GSP's out. In either situation, why the hell is either scenario so fascinating to people? The stage is set for some serious WARS at 205 for Silva. He's not getting any younger and there's already been too many fights that are a waste of his, and our, time.[/quote']

Are you saying you dont want to watch two of the most dominant ufc champions ever go at it in the octagon ?

You must be crazy.

This fight would be HUGE!

Archived