Freakshow or future Champion.......

FraleyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTPeh6mgRY

http://fighttime.net/2010/06/21/wwe-dave-batista-talks-mma-debut/

It is possible that they have agreed on an opponent but are still working out the details of the contract as a whole.

Batista could be an interesting addition to Strikeforce. I've actually rolled with him, and can say that he has as good a chance as anyone of breaking into the sport. This was a while ago, and he was really trying to keep everything on the down low. He came into my gym during an open mat, and I had to opportunity to see what he had on the ground. I'm just thankful we didn't start from standing. After a quick introduction and a hand shake, I was immediately on my back. Closed guard really wasn't an option, given his girth, so I just focused on trying to get a half guard sweep. I had been strictly forbidden by our head instructor to not mess with his ankles or knees, given that a wrong twist here or there on his part could blow out his ligaments. I was just going to try to take his back. He is, without a doubt, the strongest man I've ever 'touched' (forgive me) and it took everything I had to not be repeatedly flattened out. After somehow getting a half-guard sweep, taking his back and sinking in the hooks wasn't much of a problem. The problem was sinking in the choke.

I don't have bulky arms that make it hard to get the rear naked choke, but Batista's arms are bigger than my thighs. He pretty easily just pulled my arms down, quickly tiring me out. Between trying to maintain my hooks, and constantly switching up holds on his neck, it made not getting bucked off damn near impossible. I've never ridden a bull, and never plan to, but this is as close as I'm likely to get. I think I fell off eventually, where he then set in a relentless neck crank. I'm not sure he knew exactly what he was doing, but having that big a person put their weight on you isn't pleasant. I wouldn't tap, but it hurt like hell. Call it a Gracie-esque moment. Basically, he never got me, and I never got him, but it was still pretty cool rolling with someone like that. He was a class act, taking pictures with the few of us there and even went to lunch with us afterward. If he dedicates himself seriously, I think he can be successful. I wish him luck.

Batista is explosive and brutally strong. I hear he was a bit of a street fighter in his day so he must have some heart too. It really just depends on his BJJ defence and submission game. We all saw what happened to another big explosive guy who came from the WWE but then again Brock did go on to become champion

turning MMA into a joke. just putting the bigggest guys in the ring and saying "oh could he be the next champ? hes huge and powerful" and is this guy FraleyA telling the truth? haha. i doubt it.

Telling the truth?????

It was a section from a web page that I copied and pasted...

Trying to make fun of me......

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTPeh6mgRY

http://fighttime.net/2010/06/21/wwe-dave-batista-talks-mma-debut/

It is possible that they have agreed on an opponent but are still working out the details of the contract as a whole.

Batista could be an interesting addition to Strikeforce. I've actually rolled with him' date=' and can say that he has as good a chance as anyone of breaking into the sport. This was a while ago, and he was really trying to keep everything on the down low. He came into my gym during an open mat, and I had to opportunity to see what he had on the ground. I'm just thankful we didn't start from standing. After a quick introduction and a hand shake, I was immediately on my back. Closed guard really wasn't an option, given his girth, so I just focused on trying to get a half guard sweep. I had been strictly forbidden by our head instructor to not mess with his ankles or knees, given that a wrong twist here or there on his part could blow out his ligaments. I was just going to try to take his back. He is, without a doubt, the strongest man I've ever 'touched' (forgive me) and it took everything I had to not be repeatedly flattened out. After somehow getting a half-guard sweep, taking his back and sinking in the hooks wasn't much of a problem. The problem was sinking in the choke.

I don't have bulky arms that make it hard to get the rear naked choke, but Batista's arms are bigger than my thighs. He pretty easily just pulled my arms down, quickly tiring me out. Between trying to maintain my hooks, and constantly switching up holds on his neck, it made not getting bucked off damn near impossible. I've never ridden a bull, and never plan to, but this is as close as I'm likely to get. I think I fell off eventually, where he then set in a relentless neck crank. I'm not sure he knew exactly what he was doing, but having that big a person put their weight on you isn't pleasant. I wouldn't tap, but it hurt like hell. Call it a Gracie-esque moment. Basically, he never got me, and I never got him, but it was still pretty cool rolling with someone like that. He was a class act, taking pictures with the few of us there and even went to lunch with us afterward. If he dedicates himself seriously, I think he can be successful. I wish him luck.[/quote']

That must have been an awesome experience!

Telling the truth?????

It was a section from a web page that I copied and pasted...

Trying to make fun of me......

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!

here you go with the FAIL. haha. your dumb enough to not state that in your thread so you FAIL dumb haole. make your **** clear next time. if you copy and paste the normal person would say that they copied and pasted something. haha. what a clown man. and only thing you can say is FAIL. you just FAIL everytime you post. you come off as a guy with touretts and just blurt out FAIL everytime. haha

here you go with the FAIL. haha. your dumb enough to not state that in your thread so you FAIL dumb haole. make your **** clear next time. if you copy and paste the normal person would say that they copied and pasted something. haha. what a clown man. and only thing you can say is FAIL. you just FAIL everytime you post. you come off as a guy with touretts and just blurt out FAIL everytime. haha

I fail everytime I post?

How do I fail just because people give a biased opinion and I give an unbiased opinion?

You can go look at everyone of my post and see that I give unbiased opinions every single time.

I don't like Anderson Silva but he is still the best striker in MMA.

I don't like Shane Carwin and I am a huge Brock fan but I think if Brock don't take the fight to the ground he will get beat.

I can't stand Fedor but he is still one of the best in the world.

I'm like that in everyone of my post.Thanks

I fail everytime I post?

How do I fail just because people give a biased opinion and I give an unbiased opinion?

You can go look at everyone of my post and see that I give unbiased opinions every single time.

I don't like Anderson Silva but he is still the best striker in MMA.

I don't like Shane Carwin and I am a huge Brock fan but I think if Brock don't take the fight to the ground he will get beat.

I can't stand Fedor but he is still one of the best in the world.

I'm like that in everyone of my post.Thanks

what? yo im talking about you failing everytime you say somebody else FAILS. i could care less about your opnions. got alot of opnions on here. you say i fail because you FAILED to clarify in the thread where you got your facts. everybody thought you was wrestling with him. so you said i FAIL but you FAILED. haha. weird guy

what? yo im talking about you failing everytime you say somebody else FAILS. i could care less about your opnions. got alot of opnions on here. you say i fail because you FAILED to clarify in the thread where you got your facts. everybody thought you was wrestling with him. so you said i FAIL but you FAILED. haha. weird guy

Well,everybody FAILED!

Interesting. As far as turning MMA into a joke, yeah, it could turn into that but it is more popular now than it was when Bob Sapp was running around crying about broken bones and crap like that. So it is expected that the bigger athletes that do not want to play traditional sports will start to appear in the HW division. I agree with Brock when he says that it's the HW division and if you don't weight 265 move down. I have been saying that HWs were paying attention to this man and they should. Guys that are that large and athletic are the future of that division. Yes, there will be guys like JDS, Velazques and Nelson, but the days of most guys weighing 230-255 are over. Not to mention Nelson should move down and the other two could easily move to 265 they both look realtively thin when compared to fighters in other weight classes.

Archived