UFC turning into WWE

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

IMO i think they're going a little bit too mainstream Couture's got a movie Hamill's got a movie theres even action figures really? I'm not sure if mma should be thrown in the faces of 6,7,8 year olds

Yes the UFC is turning into the WWE. A very entertaining sport(yes what they do is sport scripted or not. Ask Brock what's easier) That's growing going global and gaining fans everywhere.

Now if Dana decides he wants to make the UFL(ultimate football League) then start worrying.

The UFC is turning into the WWE but not for that reason.

DANA WHITE is a carbon copy of Vince Mcmahon...... I dont understand why the boss of the company has to keep putting his face out there, why he comments on the fighters performances, why he hands out the belt, why he is on the show, why he( the boss) has fueds with fighters......

you get this in no other sport

I think he should let Rogan & the fighters do the talking (notice I left out Goldberg :)

Dana White has done more for not only the UFC but for MMA as a whole. Though I may not always agree with him he's done better then most of us could do. So since I don't feel like searching for the thread I think Dana White should be the next inductee in the UFC hall of Fame along side with Joe Silva and the Fertittas.

IMO i think they're going a little bit too mainstream Couture's got a movie Hamill's got a movie theres even action figures really? I'm not sure if mma should be thrown in the faces of 6' date='7,8 year olds[/quote']

Everybody wants to do movies.

I think the action figures are pretty cool.I'm 19 years old and am going to collect them.

The action figures and the fighters being in movies is just showing how big MMA is getting.

It's about time I think that people started paying attention to the greatest sport in the world.

I think the action figures are pretty cool.I'm 19 years old and am going to collect them.

The action figures and the fighters being in movies is just showing how big MMA is getting.

It's about time I think that people started paying attention to the greatest sport in the world.

They do. Have you seen the ratings for the superbowl and how much a 30 second commercial slots costs?

Sorry Love MMA but love football more.

i think you mean Strikeforce is becoming WWE lol there the ones with Bobby Lashley who is still in WWE and now they sign Batista hahahaha they must be in bad shape as a company..... lol one publicity stunt after another, after fight brawls, wwe stars, next they will jump out of the cage and grab a chair and get back in and start swinging it or hit the ref and do something crazy while he is dazed... lol

i think you mean Strikeforce is becoming WWE lol there the ones with Bobby Lashley who is still in WWE and now they sign Batista hahahaha they must be in bad shape as a company..... lol one publicity stunt after another' date=' after fight brawls, wwe stars, next they will jump out of the cage and grab a chair and get back in and start swinging it or hit the ref and do something crazy while he is dazed... lol[/quote']

Well,Bobby Lashley isn't with WWE anymore he went to TNA and I don't think he is under contract there anymore either.

Action figures are a bit extreme but lets look at the business reason for them.

Who buys action figures?? (Aside from 19 year olds who want to collect them) Kids!

By marketing the UFC to kids as a toy, Zuffa are already planting UFC and MMA into kids brains.

Theyll want to know who this action figure is. doubtful, theyd be allowed to watch PPV events, so roll round when the kid is old enough to surf the net or buy one themselves, they see UFC and then Bam! They go look up UFC. Some might like it, other wont. What Zuffa are doing with action figures in safe guarding the future of UFC. Its genius marketing to be honest!

With regards Movies, Each Fighter has to be a business man aswell they independently try to furthur their career. Cant fight forever acting is a good way to make money. Plus...it promotes them as fighters and hence the UFC!

I do think the trash talking is BS and has to stop. I like the interviews shown before the fights but I hate it when it turns into a *****ing session!

Dana is a business man, he's done so much for the sport and I agree he should be next into the hall of fame. By appearing on the shows, and tweeting all the time, he makes himself available. He appears as not just the 'business man' but as an MMA fan an approachable guy that you could have a beer with and talk about the event. That sells!! The feuds with fighters is pretty dumb though!

The UFC is turning into the WWE but not for that reason.

DANA WHITE is a carbon copy of Vince Mcmahon...... I dont understand why the boss of the company has to keep putting his face out there' date=' why he comments on the fighters performances, why he hands out the belt, why he is on the show, why he( the boss) has fueds with fighters......

you get this in no other sport

I think he should let Rogan & the fighters do the talking (notice I left out Goldberg :)[/quote']

He's the promoter thats his job and the best man to do it!

Who buys action figures?? (Aside from 19 year olds who want to collect them) Kids!

By marketing the UFC to kids as a toy' date=' Zuffa are already planting UFC and MMA into kids brains.

Theyll want to know who this action figure is. doubtful, theyd be allowed to watch PPV events, so roll round when the kid is old enough to surf the net or buy one themselves, they see UFC and then Bam! They go look up UFC. Some might like it, other wont. What Zuffa are doing with action figures in safe guarding the future of UFC. Its genius marketing to be honest!

With regards Movies, Each Fighter has to be a business man aswell they independently try to furthur their career. Cant fight forever acting is a good way to make money. Plus...it promotes them as fighters and hence the UFC!

I do think the trash talking is BS and has to stop. I like the interviews shown before the fights but I hate it when it turns into a *****ing session!

Dana is a business man, he's done so much for the sport and I agree he should be next into the hall of fame. By appearing on the shows, and tweeting all the time, he makes himself available. He appears as not just the 'business man' but as an MMA fan an approachable guy that you could have a beer with and talk about the event. That sells!! The feuds with fighters is pretty dumb though![/quote']

So you trying to make fun of me for collecting them? I believe there is alot of people in this world that collect things. Correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks

By marketing the UFC to kids as a toy' date=' Zuffa are already planting UFC and MMA into kids brains.

Dana is a business man, he's done so much for the sport and I agree he should be next into the hall of fame. By appearing on the shows, and tweeting all the time, he makes himself available. He appears as not just the 'business man' but as an MMA fan an approachable guy that you could have a beer with and talk about the event. That sells!! The feuds with fighters is pretty dumb though![/quote']

Good points, the second being an expansion on the first.

Hey, IMO they are just trying to reach as wide a demographic as they can. IDK if it is still true but for almost the entirety of the 90's the WWE was second only to soccer as far as revenue generated by a sport world wide. This means more money for everyone and better competition, which should mean better and better fights. I honestly do not care if the UFC is the only one putting on fights at this point because for the most part they are putting on fights like 1.5 times a months. that's a fight card every three weeks. In between those I can go over to HDNet and brush up on my K-1, Sengoku and Dream then rewatch some Pride on Youtube, not to mention there is also some beasts in the WEC. Thats fights pretty much every other day. The smack talking is a little over done, but people like drama. I tend to think that if there was no smack talk probably close to a third of the fan base would be lost. The guys that actually do most of the trash talk are actually pretty good at it. Some fighters need that though. The dolls are kinda creepy, but it's only cause they have eyes. I don't need little eyes staring at me all the time, real or not. I'm paranoid enough after my Infantry days.

i think you mean Strikeforce is becoming WWE lol there the ones with Bobby Lashley who is still in WWE and now they sign Batista hahahaha they must be in bad shape as a company..... lol one publicity stunt after another' date=' after fight brawls, wwe stars, next they will jump out of the cage and grab a chair and get back in and start swinging it or hit the ref and do something crazy while he is dazed... lol[/quote']

lolwhut?? Lashley issent still with the WWE

I luv UFC but most of the things it does it copies off other sports UFC primetime lol how much can that show be more like Boxing 24/7. Action Figures WWE does that. Movies John Cena, Ted Dibease, Kane copy off WWE. The way they score rounds 10 - 9 system copy off Boxing. Even with the T shirts but if the sport wonts to evolve its gotta copy stuff.

Chris Leben - Stand With Me! Mother ****er Gonna Get Knocked Out.

IMO i think they're going a little bit too mainstream Couture's got a movie Hamill's got a movie theres even action figures really? I'm not sure if mma should be thrown in the faces of 6' date='7,8 year olds[/quote']

The fact that theres movies about the fighters has nothing to do with the UFC really other than show that there is now huge interest in its fighters and it helps open up the sport to new fans so dont really see the problem there.

As for opening up MMA to 7 year olds I think most of these guys are pretty good role models and would much rather my kid watch the UFC than some gangster rap videos on MTV.

So you trying to make fun of me for collecting them? I believe there is alot of people in this world that collect things. Correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks

No Im sorry buddy, that was my bad. It probably sounded like I was taking a shot at you but I wasn't. Just one of those things that sounds cool in your head but seeing as theres no tone in text, everything gets misconstrued.

I used to collect stuff too in my teens and early 20's. Comics, goofy lookin figures and stuff.

Good luck collecting, but from what Ive seen, there only seems to be like 5 UFC action figures in production?

The peak of the WWE was when it took on board the ECW mindset...basically pushing the realness of the violence. Obviously the personalities they had back then helped a great deal (Austin, Foley, the Rock et al), but a lot of the big matches were awe-inspiring stuff...those crazy gimmicks (Hell in the Cell, TLC and so on) had a lot of people tuning in. Without doubt implementing storylines and stuff into the UFC would be kinda crazy, but the fact that it is real, they automatically have the grittiness the WWF so effectively created in those standard-setting days (97-2002ish). Everyone knows a fight is a lot more interesting if theres a heel/face dynamic, not to mention the Hogan/Warrior or Rock/Austin style super-face battles. The razzmatazz is to be embraced I say - Rampage/Rashad was a huge draw for a reason.

i think its turning more into WWE because of all the trash talk. its like they have to have a storyline to keep people interested. but i dont think them going in movies is bad' date=' lots of other sports people do it[/quote']

Every aspect of anything you buy, watch or use had a storyline to get you to buy, watch or use it. When you buy a car, someone built up that car well enough for you to buy it. The Yankees vs Red Sox are always sold out and the most watched baseball game because of the buildup, trash talk and history behind the two teams. When a mechanic fixes a car he uses a specific brand because that brand put a good enough story behind their product for the mechanic to use it. Everything is hyped and built to be interesting through a storyline, not just the WWE. That's how a business is run. You have to sell to survive, especially in this day and age, and you can't sell without buildup.

They do. Have you seen the ratings for the superbowl and how much a 30 second commercial slots costs?

Sorry Love MMA but love football more.

I like MMA more, but footballs great. Footballs been around for 100 years though. Give UFC another 80 or 90 years to grow and it might be that big. Might be even bigger when you consider how martial arts and fighting cross cultural lines.

i do believe trash talk has been around forever.. and it was around in the early ufc days.. just now.. ufc gets to promote the fights alot better so you get acces to what he said alot easier..

action figures who the puck cares?? .. -_- ... i guess g.i joe is copying wwe as well?

and guys are making movies to make some money.. unless your a super newb and believe these guys make insane money to fake a fight coughboxingcough

I think you said it best here.

In no way is the UFC turning into the WWE. There's no need for hidden razor blades to make cuts in the UFC. There's no need for held back punches or defending your title the next night after you won it. If your going to compare the business model: its a traveling sporting event organization: there's a ring, there are fighters, there are staff, there are fans. This is the exact BS my friends who don't like the UFC use. MMA is the greatest sport on the planet. And Dana White has blew this sport up to a degree that no one had before.

Yes, you are right!!

The UFC should never sign any big names, they should never try to make money, and the sport should be held and secret basements around the US! that will help.

seriously.. you are annoyed that the sport is becomming mainstream (which means, more and better fighters will try it)...

djezess...

Yes' date=' you are right!!

The UFC should never sign any big names, they should never try to make money, and the sport should be held and secret basements around the US! that will help.

seriously.. you are annoyed that the sport is becomming mainstream (which means, more and better fighters will try it)...

djezess...[/quote']

this^^

Guest [Deleted User]
The fact that theres movies about the fighters has nothing to do with the UFC really other than show that there is now huge interest in its fighters and it helps open up the sport to new fans so dont really see the problem there.

As for opening up MMA to 7 year olds I think most of these guys are pretty good role models and would much rather my kid watch the UFC than some gangster rap videos on MTV.

yeah good role models but as time progresses I worry that all of those kids will just become knockout fanatics which can destroy MMA's image and label it as a sport for savage people who just want to kill each other for fun

Guest [Deleted User]
Yes' date=' you are right!!

djezess...[/quote']

So YOUR'RE saying the only way the UFC can sign big names is to make more movies and sell more toys?The UFC is big enough that almost everybody knows about and don't think movies will attract fighters. I'm not annoyed I thought this sport was about martial arts, no offence but I don't want to see a pity story of Hamill just to increase his popularity and that every opponent he faces is the bad guy and he's the deaf underdog. he's deaf,he's a fighter, deal with it.

Archived