Sonnen Vs Silva one small fact

TabletopEarth

I have been thinking about this fight since sonnen won the title shot and while i do think it will take someone with a very strong wrestling base to beat anderson i just dont see sonnen doing it for one reason.

Sonnen doesnt finish fights he knows it he out works people , stays ontop and gets the decision (if he doesnt get sub`d)

Did anyone see him in the locker room after the Nate fight? he looked like death , couldn`t stand up and didnt seem to have the energy to produce a sentence (not usually a problem for him).

Now lets say he manages to do the same thing to silva for three rounds (just work with me here) he would then have to go out and try and go out and fight another two rounds trying to again out work and stay on top all the while avoiding a knockout punch/kick/elbow/knee or a sub .

I just dont see how he can do it ,

Hmm' date=' i suppose this could happen, but one would have to assume that Sonnen would be putting a lot of time and effort into his cardio. i dont think it will be a problem, but who knows?[/quote']

Silva's training with Steven Seagal. That's one hell of a comeback prank after Sonnen's been all over the web talking b.s. about Silva. Anderson's basically telling Sonnen how serious of a threat he is to the title. Sonnen, back to the end of the line.

Silva's training with Steven Seagal. That's one hell of a comeback prank after Sonnen's been all over the web talking b.s. about Silva. Anderson's basically telling Sonnen how serious of a threat he is to the title. Sonnen' date=' back to the end of the line.[/quote']

Well Dana said he can no longer embarass these non-worthy clowns in the cage so now he's finding new ways to clown them w/o saying a word:)

I have been thinking about this fight since sonnen won the title shot and while i do think it will take someone with a very strong wrestling base to beat anderson i just dont see sonnen doing it for one reason.

Sonnen doesnt finish fights he knows it he out works people ' date=' stays ontop and gets the decision (if he doesnt get sub`d)

Did anyone see him in the locker room after the Nate fight? he looked like death , couldn`t stand up and didnt seem to have the energy to produce a sentence (not usually a problem for him).

Now lets say he manages to do the same thing to silva for three rounds (just work with me here) he would then have to go out and try and go out and fight another two rounds trying to again out work and stay on top all the while avoiding a knockout punch/kick/elbow/knee or a sub .

I just dont see how he can do it ,[/quote']

I see your point but say Sonnen does do that for three rounds. Silva will be tired also, and another thing he will also be beaten up...so that makes it worst for him.

What you have to remember also, is that if sonnen is able to control silva on the ground for 3 rounds, silva's energy levels will be low as well. We all saw how he gassed going into the 4th vs maia.

I don't see conditioning having a negative impact for sonnen in this fight anyways... those wrestlers can push through that better than most due to the nature of their sport.

The issue I do see for sonnen is getting past silvas knees and fists enroute to his TD's

yeah agreed silva will be tired to but he still has the ability to finish the fight sonnen doesnt , he has to try and keep on top of silva for another two rounds and not be knocked out or sub`d.

i have never seen Silva gass before the Maia fight it may just have been abu dabi also i could be wrong im not i fighter but i feel it would use alot more energy doing what sonnen does than defending it .

Dont forget Nate had a wrestling background and is big and strong hard guy to hold down for 15 minutes then if Sonnen does the same to Silva by the fourth round Silva will be gased so bad who could not KO Keith Jardine so the chances of him getting a KO would be highly unlikely.

Chris Leben - Stand With Me! Mother ****er Your Gonna Get Knocked Out.

Yeah, I do agree with just about everything people have been saying, but you guys are acting like he's gonna even get taken down. Honestly, not just saying this cuz i'm a HUGE silva fan, but silva's takedown defense is very applausable. Silva is one of those guys who it's not easy at all to take down, he's very illusive with a strong unorthodox technique, and even if Chael DID somehow manage to take Silva down, the fight is far from over, very far. 9/10 Silva will just get back up like he usually does, and just go back to pounding his face in. Chael is talking a little too much, and for someone who has NO standup whatsoever, should really relax a little. He claims that's he gonna put a forhead in his chest, well, is that after or before he gets caught with like 3 knees to his dome? But, i'm not discrediting chael whatsoever, guys a good fighter, and if he does make it down to the ground, he has a chance, slim to me, but a chance. Also, people are talking like Silva was completeely gassed in the 4th? I don't understand that, I actually train and have to go with many people in a circuit, to me, he didn't look gassed, maybe a little tired but not gassed. I've seen gassed, I get gassed after facing like 10 different guys in a row, he was still able to stand up, and pick clear shots (when he did throw one lol) Also like Silva said, to him he wasn't really trained for this fight, he told us he'd make this fight way better. Now for another thing, is Silva serioulsy training with Segal? lmao?

Silva's training with Steven Seagal. That's one hell of a comeback prank after Sonnen's been all over the web talking b.s. about Silva. Anderson's basically telling Sonnen how serious of a threat he is to the title. Sonnen' date=' back to the end of the line.[/quote']

haha this^

after i saw that i thought it must be Silva trying to tell Dana that he is really bored with his recent competition.

You pe..peop..people need to understand that Chael Sonnen Is not the fighter he was 2 years ago. He wasn't very good back then. He has grown into an A+ wrestler and an A ground n pound. His striking has gotten better and his agressiveness and intensity has shot through the wall. The only way Silva will win this fight is if he catches sonnen in an arm bar, trainalge, choke, w/e.

Other than that sonnen will crush silva and the whole world will say "chael humping floor all day long. he is a gay lay n pray boy"

but in reality when you stop talking the shi*, chael is going to win this fight and silva will never ever be called #1 p4p ever again. By time time he even starts getting called that again he'll be old and scroungy.

Chael has improved to me by a whole letter grade. he went from B to A in a year. And STFU about him not being able to grind with him for 5 rounds. He even said that he was going to have to push his cardio because hes going to be WORKING NON STOP ON THE GROUND.

yes that means that silva will not be able to catch him because silva wont be able to think when chael is punhing him in the fkin head over and over again.

but good luck silva. If he wins than its no suprise. by submission. but if not its chaels no matter what. chael aint standing with this guy,.

and if silva wins by standup KO or TKO, i will laugh my balls off and say GSP GSP GSP! because if chael cant fking becat this guy, than the only other guy who can IMO is GSP.

and no. shogun, machida, rampage rashad, chuck, tito, franklin, forrest, lil nog, canT beat anderson silva. The only one who would evencome close to beating him is rashad because hes the only one in their with the best wrestling backround but he still cant take guys down. its horrendous.

That post was just ridiculed with ****ing retarded remarks. I hope you really wasn't serious about all that **** that you just said.

Firstly - No one can stand with Silva. Also, if you think that Chael can stand with Silva, you are on ****ing crack, he even said that if it doesn't go to the ground, I get my **** beat. Straight from his mouth. You act like becuase he's a, "pedigree wrestler" that he's gonna take Silva down.....just go watch his fights then come back. He has a 85% striking rating, best ever and will be in the UFC. Chael has no chance. So to say that sumbission is his only option is ludacris. Next, please don't bring up GSP in this convo, gsp is running from Silva. GSP WONT MOVE UP TO FIGHT, Anderson had to toy with him and threatin to move down to fight him to get a reaction outta dana and gsp. GSP wont fight, he will get demolished. I genuinly laughed when you said if Silva wins you're gonna go back to GSP, lmao, just like any other fan boy out there. You need to realize GSP is scared. Silva wants that fight, he wants it bad, and after this, GSP can't run any more, Dana's gonna have to give him the fight. But, you are right about one thing, none of those guys can beat Silva, only person that i wanna see after that is GSP, but still, he won't win, and he wont fight Silva.

So before you start making off the wall remarks, please go think a little then come back with some reality in hand.

I know I've said this before, but the thing with Silva is that he's more than just great at what he does... he's built for it...

One can argue that Sonnen will be able to wrestle Silva to the ground and control him, but the reality is that not only is Silva incredibly skilled at fighting off his back, but his body is literally designed in a way that will give him a huge advantage above and beyond that skill... long arms, long legs, small torso... built like a spider... this is how he can do things like push Lutter off of him while he has a full mount... his body gives him a huge advantage in speed standing up and agility on the ground... this is also how Silva will most definitely lock him into a body triangle, which is going to be double crap for Sonnen since he will not only have his breathing be hindered, but he will be carrying Silva's weight whenever he tries to maneuver...

Sonnen could win, but only in the sense that's its a fight where anyone can win... logically speaking, Anderson would easily win 9 out of 10 fights with this guy...

Sonnen will be Silvas hardest challenge yet because I don't see him changing his gameplan and putting himself in danger. I really don't think Silva can stop the takedowns from Chael and Chael has a solid chin so the only way I see Silva winning is by Sub. I wouldn't be surprised if this fight is stopped from Chaels gnp

Silva will KO Sonnen inside of 3 rounds. Period. I actually think Koscheck would beat Sonnen in a catch weight. Sonnen is a good wrestler but that is his only real attribute. You can have the most "solid" concrete iron titanium diamond hard chin on the planet, when you get hit in either those two nerve clusters that are on either side of your dome, it is lights out and that's it. People are going on and on about Silva doesn't have the power to KO so and so, BS. You do not need power if your technique and accuracy are that good and Silva's are. He hit's people where they need to be hit. Yes, he did not KO his last two challengers for the belt, but look at what he did to Franklin, Leben, Irvin, Griffin and anyone else that tried to strike with him. Both Leites and Maia, looked like they called Lesnar a beeotch after their chances. I even got to see a fight where he KOd some guy inside his guard with a kick. He will KO Sonnen with either a knee or uppercut when spots whatever Sonnen does right before the shot and Sonnen will need more than one attempt. Sonnen does have a chance, but so does anyone else on fight night.

What you have to remember also' date=' is that if sonnen is able to control silva on the ground for 3 rounds, silva's energy levels will be low as well. [b']We all saw how he gassed going into the 4th vs maia.[/b]

I don't see conditioning having a negative impact for sonnen in this fight anyways... those wrestlers can push through that better than most due to the nature of their sport.

The issue I do see for sonnen is getting past silvas knees and fists enroute to his TD's

i truly believe this was because they were in Abu Dhabi.

Yeah' date=' I do agree with just about everything people have been saying, but you guys are acting like he's gonna even get taken down. Honestly, not just saying this cuz i'm a HUGE silva fan, but silva's takedown defense is very applausable. Silva is one of those guys who it's not easy at all to take down, he's very illusive with a strong unorthodox technique, and even if Chael DID somehow manage to take Silva down, the fight is far from over, very far. 9/10 Silva will just get back up like he usually does, and just go back to pounding his face in. Chael is talking a little too much, and for someone who has NO standup whatsoever, should really relax a little. He claims that's he gonna put a forhead in his chest, well, is that after or before he gets caught with like 3 knees to his dome? But, i'm not discrediting chael whatsoever, guys a good fighter, and if he does make it down to the ground, he has a chance, slim to me, but a chance. Also, people are talking like Silva was completeely gassed in the 4th? I don't understand that, I actually train and have to go with many people in a circuit, to me, he didn't look gassed, maybe a little tired but not gassed. I've seen gassed, I get gassed after facing like 10 different guys in a row, he was still able to stand up, and pick clear shots (when he did throw one lol) Also like Silva said, to him he wasn't really trained for this fight, he told us he'd make this fight way better. Now for another thing, is Silva serioulsy training with Segal? lmao?[/quote']

paragraphs please

Sonnen doesnt finish fights he knows it he out works people ' date=' stays ontop and gets the decision (if he doesnt get sub`d)

nobody's gonna finish silva anyway, so maybe it is a guy who has taken dec winning to a fine art that will beat him

Agreed, i just don't see anyone grinding out a decision with Silva. He can finish a fight in a variety of different ways. i see Sonnen grinding out at least one round, but when they come out standing, he will get KO'd. IMO.

Chow lol is just talking way to much trash. Everything he is saying is so fing stupid and diliberatly trying to build his stock up. No way is Chow going to take Silva down and man handle him. No way is Chow going to be able to stand and take Silvas abuse. No way is chow in the same league as Silva, come the \F on White let him move up and take Shoguns belt already......

He knows he's got a snowball's chance and this is all good hype for his campaign. And I mean no disrespect in saying that. I actually really like Sonnen but, as many have stated, Sonnen couldn't finish Marquardt (who Anderson defeated much easier) and there's no way Silva will choose to grind it out for 5 rounds - it's just not his style. His loss to Maia showed a huge hole in his ground game and everybody always forgets Silva's repertoire in the guard is pretty good, no matter what Chael's opinion of a Noguiera-earned black belt might be.

I predict after the Maia fiasco, Silva's going to come in with something truly amazing, shut up the critics, and decimate Chael. It'll either be a knockout via clinch/knees a la Rich Franklin or a submission a la Travis Lutter.

Or maybe Seagal will show him a move or two he can use. (kidding, of course)

Archived