who did dana just sign out of strikeforce?

schitl

I was thinking it was him too but I cant find proof of it anywhere I look

It was a rumor.. Nothing has been made official.

Some site broke the story about a week ago that it was official.. When it wasn't. Shields quickly refuted the claims and said he hasn't made a final decision yet. Something about how he's still weighing his options, and he'll make an official decision in the next week or 2.

For the most part though, I think he's as good as signed. The UFC is where the big money is and where the big money sponsorships are, aside from his CBS fight sponsorships I'm sure.. But it's also where he'll be competing with the big dogs.. 3 losses in a row, and he's done. Thing about Jake Shields though, is he's a tough commodity to find in MMA, fighter's who are willing to fight in multiple weight classes. So if his stint in the UFC's WW division doesn't go as planned, he can move up to MW, and I think find some success there. So because of that, even if he does lose 3 in a row at WW, the UFC could still keep him around a couple more fights at MW, before cutting him.

Where most other fighters would lose in that one division, and get cut from the UFC all together, because they're unable to fight in any other weight class, than the one they're accustomed to.

Shields already fights at MW' date=' but can go down to WW if needed. rumor is he's waiting to try and get the most $ from the deal, even though strikeforce CEO already said he will not get into a bidding war to keep him.[/quote']

If it was $$$ he was after then he'd stay at strikeforce, Shields wants to challenge himself against the best which is the real reason behind the switch you cant really begrudge the guy for wrangling for the best deal he can get from the UFC.

Shields already fights at MW' date=' but can go down to WW if needed. rumor is he's waiting to try and get the most $ from the deal, even though strikeforce CEO already said he will not get into a bidding war to keep him.[/quote']

He was only fighting at MW in Strikeforce to avoid fighting Nick Diaz (his friend and training partner). WW is his natural weight class.

Archived