Cain the commodity

britishranger

Does anyone else think that the UFC are pampering Cain Velasquez to sell the UFC to the Mexicans? I think for years the UFC over hyped any Brit with a little skill to help sell the sport here in Britain. Well I know for a fact that when Dana set out for World domination he set his sights on Britain ,Canada ,Brazil, Japan and Mexico now would it not be a surprise if UFC 122 or 123 was to be held in Mexico and the main event just happened to be Velasquez vs the winner of the Brock vs Carwin for the HW title

I don't think you can call it pampering when you give him Big Nog to fight.

Being from the UK I do think that they hyped Hardy, Daley and Bisping to an extent.

Would you also then say that they pampered GSP so that the UFC would take off in Canada?

yup ' date=' good observation ... velasquez in no way deserves a title shot before JDS[/quote']

must be the crack talking have you not seen Velasquez fight? he is far more exciting then JDS i for one think Cain would beat JDS with ease, and when it comes to rankings look at there last fights , JDS vs. Gonzaga .... Cain vs. Big Nog who beat the higher ranked fighter?

must be the crack talking have you not seen Velasquez fight? he is far more exciting then JDS i for one think Cain would beat JDS with ease' date=' and when it comes to rankings[b'] look at there last fights , JDS vs. Gonzaga .... Cain vs. Big Nog who beat the higher ranked fighter[/b]?

Well thats one fight you've used as an example.

And to say Cain is FAR more exciting than JDS well your absolutely kidding yourself. Do you watch fights?

You sound like a nut hugger to me.

IMO JDS and Cain are on the same rung of the ladder. I'm a fan of JDS, and can't stand Cain personally, but there resume's dictate that they are close to one another in the rankings.

The fact that Cain gets a title shot and JDS gets Big Country is a slap in the face to JDS. I never really though of it as a con to pull more peso's into the UFC, but the shoe fits.

I gues only time will tell with this one.

But a good observation and theory there Ranger!

Perhaps Cain and JDS Should fight it out for the #1 contender spot?

But the UFC doesn't make as much money then.

If Cain fights JDS for #1 contender then that's only 1 big main event for the UFC.

But if Cain fights for the HW title #1 big time main event.

And then JDS gets to fight for the title another main event #2

So if JDS fights Cain the UFC basically joop themselves out of a big pay day.

But the UFC doesn't make as much money then.

If Cain fights JDS for #1 contender then that's only 1 big main event for the UFC.

But if Cain fights for the HW title #1 big time main event.

And then JDS gets to fight for the title another main event #2

So if JDS fights Cain the UFC basically joop themselves out of a big pay day.

Exactly!!! I think either one deserved it didn't matter to me, because either way like it was stated they would be getting some big pay days spacing it out..

IMO JDS and Cain are on the same rung of the ladder. I'm a fan of JDS' date=' and can't stand Cain personally, but there resume's dictate that they are close to one another in the rankings.

The fact that Cain gets a title shot and JDS gets Big Country is a slap in the face to JDS. I never really though of it as a con to pull more peso's into the UFC, but the shoe fits.[/quote']

Neither one has fought anybody that good. JDS needs another test. If he can't handle Roy's size, he'll never beat Brock.

but the ufc doesn't make as much money then.

If cain fights jds for #1 contender then that's only 1 big main event for the ufc.

But if cain fights for the hw title #1 big time main event.

And then jds gets to fight for the title another main event #2

so if jds fights cain the ufc basically joop themselves out of a big pay day.

why are there not proper rankings? He deserves a title shot! Why because hes a nice guy, chicks think he is hot, just blew dana? Until real rankings that make sense are used i most hold back some respect for the ufc.............

JDS doesnt deserve the title shot yet, you'll see after he get knocked out against Roy Nelson, Cain in the other hand, has finished one of the legends in the sport, and all of his fights are way better than JDS, besides JDS has no ground game at all, which is a huge advatange to cain that has awesome ground game....so cain is the one who can stop lesnar

I don't think you can call it pampering when you give him Big Nog to fight.

Being from the UK I do think that they hyped Hardy' date=' Daley and Bisping to an extent.

Would you also then say that they pampered GSP so that the UFC would take off in Canada?[/quote']

I don't think pampered is the right word either. but he is getting the Bisping treatment. The difference is Cain took the big opportunity he had against Nog and won the fight, You could make the case he has had the easier run to a title shot than JDS and Dana and the UFC are looking to hype him for the Mexican market and you are probably right.

The thing is though, JDS could have been right there as well but he wouldn't and won't fight Big Nog. He probably could have had that fight, but chose not to and Cain stepped up, took the fight and won, Nothing wrong with sticking to your principles and not fighting a mentor, but expect that doing so it will take you longer to get to a title shot.

Now that everyone is toting him as a top contender after he smashed Big Nog I think they are worried he will lose his momentum and hype. They don't have too many great mexican fighters right now, and I def expect to see Velasquez fight for the title in mexico to open the market.

I think for his amount of fights it would do him well to stay buisy though, so in that sense, yes he is being pampered.

well duh. It's all because there first mexican protege was a flop in Roger Huerta

Which from a pure marketing stand point is to bad. Given the size of the avg Mexican, Mexican boxing has pretty much always been about the lighter, faster weight classes. The UFC is going to need a LW star to really break through.

I would say the WEC has a better chance of opening up the Mexican Market than the UFC.

Which from a pure marketing stand point is to bad. Given the size of the avg Mexican' date=' Mexican boxing has pretty much always been about the lighter, faster weight classes. The UFC is going to need a LW star to really break through.

I would say the WEC has a better chance of opening up the Mexican Market than the UFC.[/quote']

until any of them meet the Jose Aldo's of the division and get absolutely KILLED

JDS doesnt deserve the title shot yet' date=' [b']you'll see after he get [/b]knocked out against Roy Nelson, Cain in the other hand, has finished one of the legends in the sport, and all of his fights are way better than JDS, besides JDS has no ground game at all, which is a huge advatange to cain that has awesome ground game....so cain is the one who can stop lesnar

Jds is the best striker in the hw division no way nelson ko's him.

Jds also beat a legend but a noob like you has proably never heard of cro cop.

Cain nearly got ko'd in the kongo fight only his chin and wrestling skills saved him wheras jds has dominated all his opponents 4 of them by 1st rd t(ko)s.

I suppose training with the nog brothers means nothing and he will be like a fish out of water when it hits the mat. You really are a noob.

Archived