Fighters massage chest

benni

Hey,

I was wondering why some fighters massage their chest right before they fight? They put 1 hand on the back of the head and rub the chest with a couple of fingers, and then change side. I was wondering what effect it has ( if any ) and if not, why do they do it?

GSP does it almost every time before he fights, I have also seen rashad and randy do it. I think Frankie Edgar did it before he fought BJ.

From the man that created the technique...

?It?s like turning a circuit breaker on. Both Georges and Randy do this. They take their thumb or forefinger and press it just under the collar bone next to the sternum. There are hollows there. The other hand will be on the back of the neck pressing on the brain stem. This will reset the autonomic nervous system and the central nervous system so the entire body is working in coordination.?

Hey' date='

I was wondering why some fighters massage their chest right before they fight? They put 1 hand on the back of the head and rub the chest with a couple of fingers, and then change side. I was wondering what effect it has ( if any ) and if not, why do they do it?

GSP does it almost every time before he fights, I have also seen rashad and randy do it. I think Frankie Edgar did it before he fought BJ.[/quote']

turn you on there buddy?

Archived