What's up with the Records on the UFC 116 website??

Technique

http://116.ufc.com/#/fightcard/

UFC with it's hype tactics again.

UFC reported records on the UFC 116 card:

Stephan Bonnar: 14-7

Kurt Pellegrino: 21-4

Krzysztof Soszynski: 20-10-1

Chrys Lytle: 38-17-4

Matt Brown 13-8

Kendall Grove 12-7

Actual MMA Records:

Stephan Bonnar: 11-7

Kurt Pellegrino: 15-4

Krzysztof Soszynski: 19-9

Chrys Lytle: 28-17-5

Matt Brown 11-8

Kendall Grove 11-7

What are your thoughts on this?

I think there are two ways of looking at it. 1. The UFC is a business and if lying to the fans gets more ticket sales then so be it. 2. The UFC should try to come across as a legitimate sport and should stop with the lame hype tactics.

I'm in the second group. I think a sports magazine will pick up on this sooner or later. It's not the first time it's happened. Shane Carwin has repeatedly been described as 6'5" with 12 knockouts. James Mcsweeney on the last card was one of many with record adjustments. They listed him as 16-5 when he was really 4-4. I don't know If I have ever seen a Boxing card where the promotional organization has blatantly lied about the stats.

The NFL doesn't try to sell games by saying two teams are undefeated when they are not. The NBA doesn't say Kobe scores 40 points a night to get more viewers. I think it's a cheap tactic and it frustrates me.

I have learned to not trust the UFC as a source for reliable stats. It makes me wonder about all the other stats they throw out there, like TD defense/success, Strikes Landed etc.

Matt Brown 13-8

Kendall Grove 12-7

Actual MMA Records:

Matt Brown 11-8

Kendall Grove 11-7

I think there are two ways of looking at it. 1. The UFC is a business and if lying to the fans gets more ticket sales then so be it. 2. The UFC should try to come across as a legitimate sport and should stop with the lame hype tactics.

I'm in the second group. I think a sports magazine will pick up on this sooner or later. It's not the first time it's happened. Shane Carwin has repeatedly been described as 6'5" with 12 knockouts. James Mcsweeney on the last card was one of many with record adjustments. They listed him as 16-5 when he was really 4-4. I don't know If I have ever seen a Boxing card where the promotional organization has blatantly lied about the stats.

The NFL doesn't try to sell games by saying two teams are undefeated when they are not. The NBA doesn't say Kobe scores 40 points a night to get more viewers. I think it's a cheap tactic and it frustrates me.

I have learned to not trust the UFC as a source for reliable stats. It makes me wonder about all the other stats they throw out there' date=' like TD defense/success, Strikes Landed etc.[/quote']

tuf fights and exibition matches sound about right, its like this with a lot of fighters, especially ones coming from tuf. for example

Matt Serra 16-6 (really 10-6)

Rashad Evans 20-1-1 (really 15-1-1)

Matt Brown 13-8

Kendall Grove 12-7

Actual MMA Records:

Matt Brown 11-8

Kendall Grove 11-7

I have learned to not trust the UFC as a source for reliable stats. It makes me wonder about all the other stats they throw out there' date=' like TD defense/success, Strikes Landed etc.[/quote']

lol yeah the folks at the UFC would do anything for a buck, aren't they committing fraud?

Archived